Powerstop D/S Rotors & pads Installed on LS

Actually... I may have misread the question completely.

New response:

Sometimes the edges of the pad backing plates have a lip or "edge" on them due to the way the steel is die cut.

It takes a bit of custom fitting, but the edges should be filed down smooth enough for the brake pad to fit in the bracket with the anti rattle clips on the brackets.

Took a little bit but eventually I did end up doing exactly what you said and filed down the ends to get them to fit, thank you

Took a little bit but eventually I did end up doing exactly what you said and filed down the ends to get them to fit, thank you
I purchased the whole kit with the powder coated calipers. They were turned in all the way already. Wasn't pleased there was hardware packaged loose with the calipers so it scratched them up a little bit. Overall though I am happy with the appearance and feel.

01V6 216k miles, here is how i do it, always ceramic pads! clean the cheap tin pad guides on the caliper if you do not have new ones. grease the BACKS of the pads and the ears so they glide in the cheap tin pad guides on the caliper. No grease on the rotor ever! Clean off any mistakes. Done, no squeals, no noises. Never metalic pads!

Members online

Back