Power Chip or computer upgrade for 2000 LS

Viperacr

LVC Member
Reaction score
Guys can anyone tell me if the computer can ve reprogrammed or a chip installed to get upgraded performance in the 2000 LS. From there I want to maybe upgrade the throttle body.

You can get the SCT flasher for the 2000 LS. I have it on my car and its just plain awesome. For $400 its the best money spent. go to www.sctflash.com to check out the Xcal2. Changing the throttle body is a waste of time. Change the Intake and Exhaust first, those are your biggest power gainers.

Search the forum for the Xcalibrator 2 for more info. Torrie at Fordpartsnetwork is the man with the best tune for the LS.

torrie@fordpartsnetwork.com

Thanks for ther feed back about the SCT Flasher. Can you give me more of an idea of what to expect with this device. have you dynoed the car with this product. What kind of an increase has it given you. How much of an increae in power can i expect from the intake, and which intake is the best one for the car

Thanks

raylisiak said:
You can get the SCT flasher for the 2000 LS. I have it on my car and its just plain awesome. For $400 its the best money spent. go to www.sctflash.com to check out the Xcal2. Changing the throttle body is a waste of time. Change the Intake and Exhaust first, those are your biggest power gainers.

Search the forum for the Xcalibrator 2 for more info. Torrie at Fordpartsnetwork is the man with the best tune for the LS.

torrie@fordpartsnetwork.com

The flasher comes with 3 tunes for your car. Mild, medium and Wild. The wild tune needs a higher octane than 93 since it will ping it warmer weather. There was a post by QuikLS when he did a G-tech type of HP comparison It went from 6-14-21HP from tune to tune. Ken at www.lskoncepts.com has nice intakes, but you will have to fab up your own tubing to get it to become a cold air intake. I bought a used driver side headlight and cut out the high beam light and ran a 4 inch tube through it directly into my filter box, so it has a direct path to suck cold air into the intake. The intake is about a 13HP gain.

raylisiak said:
The flasher comes with 3 tunes for your car. Mild, medium and Wild. The wild tune needs a higher octane than 93 since it will ping it warmer weather. There was a post by QuikLS when he did a G-tech type of HP comparison It went from 6-14-21HP from tune to tune. Ken at www.lskoncepts.com has nice intakes, but you will have to fab up your own tubing to get it to become a cold air intake. I bought a used driver side headlight and cut out the high beam light and ran a 4 inch tube through it directly into my filter box, so it has a direct path to suck cold air into the intake. The intake is about a 13HP gain.

so your looking at a 14hp gain for intake.. for exhaust about 7-10, and the tune 21hp.. thats almost 40hp... that'll put my v6 up there.. heehehe.. maybe i'll be able to burn em'

raylisiak said:

im interested in seeing what your headlight looks like, can u post some pics

itsnotmydaddys said:
im interested in seeing what your headlight looks like, can u post some pics

Im out of town for the next week, so Ill post one once I get back to town.

I notice that you are also driving on 255/45/17 tires. Are you having any problems with them as they are much bigger than the 235's. Also do you have a picture to show me what they look like

Thanks

raylisiak said:
Im out of town for the next week, so Ill post one once I get back to town.

Viperacr said:
I notice that you are also driving on 255/45/17 tires. Are you having any problems with them as they are much bigger than the 235's. Also do you have a picture to show me what they look like

Thanks

Here are teh 255/45/17's with a 2 inch drop, there is no rubbing at all, just all traction!

DSCF0114 copy.jpg

Hello,
I will try to get picture soon on my 2004 V8. Has stock 17"X7.5" aluminum wheels. #3415 Hollander wheel one location online stated. The Continental "DWS" 255X45X17 tires work beautifully with good stock suspension. I did replace front sway bar links with Moog LS specific parts and Energy Suspension black poly 30 mm front sway bar to frame bushings and brackets that come with kit. LS rides super and handles well overall. Speedometer is less than 1/2 mile per hour off at 70MPH, when says @70 mph car is really doing 69.67 or close to 235X50 stock tires. Tires are near 3/4 inch wider but no rubbing or touching anything on car. I was wondering what an inch shorter spring set would do for cornering but heater repair stopped that idea for now.

you do realize this conversation ended slightly over a decade ago right?

not that there is anything wrong with that, only that if you were trying to reply to anyone, they are probably long gone by now...

Members online

No members online now.
Back