Post a pic of your exhaust

seanklsc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I wanna see how your exhaust looks sticking out from the rear bumper. What kind of tips, if the muffler sits low, etc. Also list what mufflers/tips you went with. Thanks.

Trying to decide on tucking the muffler and finishing off with a long 3" polished tip or... just get mufflers with welded tips, like so.

3.5" polished slant tips, no mufflers

pic007re.jpg

If you have a genII, i personally think that you should use the stock tips for that ULTIMATE sleeper look.

Iwantmymarkback said:
If you have a genII, i personally think that you should use the stock tips for that ULTIMATE sleeper look.
Also, any other tip doesnt look right due to the shape of the exhaust cut out in the bumper.

Here is what the exhaust looked like on the AssassinVIIIor. The new car is going to get the Magnaflow exhaust that is posted in this thread, and maybe mufflers down the road.......same as on the AssassinVIIIor most likely......:shifty:

Iwantmymarkback said:

i agree. i love the gen2 tips.

i love my 95' chrome oval tips too. i just need to clean them up, break the tack welds and re tack them about 2" further back so you can see them without being under the car. plus its starting to discolor my paint under the bumper from the exhaust.

Here is what I'm running on my SC.I know it isn't Mark but I think they will look good on Mark specially on gen 2 marks.

seanklsc said:
I wanna see how your exhaust looks sticking out from the rear bumper. What kind of tips, if the muffler sits low, etc. Also list what mufflers/tips you went with. Thanks.

Check my Photo Gallery out.. Mufflers from LMS 2.5 cats back :D

Sergmark said:
my Photo Gallery out.. Mufflers from LMS 2.5 cats back :D

Looks nice, I posted pics for ya

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

This thread is turning out real well but I stll can't decide :confused:

seanklsc said:

Trying to decide on tucking the muffler and finishing off with a long 3" polished tip or... just get mufflers with welded tips, like so.

here i went with the 4 inch tips best thing i did lol

pipes (800 x 600) (600 x 450).jpg

1000x750_Lincoln_01 (600 x 450).jpg

gangstaMK8 said:
here i went with the 4 inch tips best thing i did lol

i notice you have the cutouts in the rear bumper. tasca edition??

which means you prolly used to have the cts style quad tips?

and prolly have all woodgrain furnished interior?

just a guess.. my girl has the tasca edition mk8 and i havent seen another one. looks like i finaly did..

Here's a pic of the exhaust tips on the 95. You might not be able to tell from the pic, but they are slanted tips.

mark VIII pics 053 exhaust.JPG

There's not much to see with my exhaust (since I just removed the mufflers and the exhaust dumps right there)... and probably will never be. Albuquerque pretty much outlaws anything louder than stock, and nothing draws a cops attention like big shiney tips, so when I do a full exhaust it will end with turndowns. Usually the cops just use the law to pick on ricers that they don't like, and I haven't been picked on with fairly loud Magnaflows on my ETC. But I'm not taking chances on my next exhaust (and will be switching to a cutout for the ETC.)

Heres mine. LMS XpanionX I ss mufflers 2.5 inch piping with the LMS twin XX pipe torque chamber. Sounds evil, great power, zero drone and better mpg.

mk8plate.jpg

qx4new.jpg

Yeah, I can totally agree that just about the only thing that works with Gen2 cars is the stock tips, or twin tips at the rear.

Dominus said:
Yeah, I can totally agree that just about the only thing that works with Gen2 cars is the stock tips, or twin tips at the rear.

Very true. Our XII's look amazing on the Gen II's.

39732048gRhvRe_ph_jpg.jpg

lots of good ideas here! I am considering putting exhaust on my Mark VIII, jut not sure what muffler to go with. I think I am going to keep my stock tips but I do really like those LMS tips. BTW, any opinions on straight pipe with stock tips? How does it sound, what kind of hp gains and mpg gains if any?

Members online

No members online now.
Back