Possible oil pan replacement?

Since the 5.4 and 4.6 is the same block, I'd assume it'd bolt up.. however there may be some clearance issues concerning the engine craddle.

Well man, I had a spare Mark oil pan around here somewhere, was gonna get ya some measurements, but I can't find it

I think it will get in the way of the k-member. Maybe if it didn't have that 1st "step" in the sump. I don't know though...

i think DLF decided the Canton oil pan was easier to install. and still required a good bit of work.

http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?34748-Canton-Aluminum-Oil-Pan-Install

I chose the aluminum version because, unlike the steel pans which are based upon stock Cobra pans, this one drops straight down to the pickup. The stock or modified Cobra pans would have to be heavily modifed in order to fit around the location of the steering rack, even with the 1/2" motor mount spacers.

Other then the taller deck height, the mod engines share most dimensions. So it should be a bolt on, but as you said, the crossmember is the question. Tho as Doug showed, it can be reworked... :)

Edit: The canton pan has quite the kick out on both sides. Used to call pans like that a "T" pan. The GT500 pan drops straight down.

Members online

No members online now.
Back