Posi

Cubster

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm ordering a posi-traction rear end for my Mark ( Bryan its from Max ) with 373 gears, how much should I expect to pay to have it installed ? I'm also having my mechanic install the heater panel in my dash, in addition I'm ordering a performance chip from LMS, what do you think it should cost ?? If anyone would know its you !!!!!! :feedback

Ask Geno about the pumpkin swap. I would say no more than $200 but Geno would know better than I. He has done it a few more times.

MonsterMark said:
Ask Geno about the pumpkin swap. I would say no more than $200 but Geno would know better than I. He has done it a few more times.

Max quoted me a price of 468.00 for everything I'd need to convert it to a posi-traction

Cubster said:
Max quoted me a price of 468.00 for everything I'd need to convert it to a posi-traction

thats for the posi, AND instilation? (i was quoted $1400 for parts and $700 for work, from holman...if this is so, max is obviously going to be my new man to get linc stuff from!)

MrWilson said:
thats for the posi, AND instilation? (i was quoted $1400 for parts and $700 for work, from holman...if this is so, max is obviously going to be my new man to get linc stuff from!)
That explains the rediculous pricing!! You went to Rape & Holdup. I wouldnt get a moped worked on there.

We do the swap whcih includes the pumpkin, speedo correction unit and the driveshaft for $250.00.

that includes instilation!? hell if thats it, then im gonna return my radar detetor and RAM i bough after christmas, and get that done! (what gears? any i want? is that seperate?)

MrWilson said:
that includes instilation!? hell if thats it, then im gonna return my radar detetor and RAM i bough after christmas, and get that done! (what gears? any i want? is that seperate?)
The new 3.73 unit is $650.00 with the friction modifier and speedo correction gear from Max at 5-Star Ford. The DS is available from Denny's driveshaft services in NY.

We do the install for $250.00.

Last edited:

ONEBADMK8 said:
Th new 3.73 unit is $650.00 with the friction modifier and speedo correction gear from Max at 5-Star Ford. The DS is available from Denny's driveshaft services in NY.

We do the install for $250.00.

So Max misquoted me. Its actually 650 ?

Cubster said:
Those are for parts only. Geno and I are talking about a whole new pumpkin, shimmed and ready to go.

I've always liked the quote from Winston Churchill, he was at a party ( he liked his tea , if you know what I mean ) when an Ambassadors wife approached him and said " Mr Prime Minister you appear to be very drunk " his reply, yes madam I am and may I add that your ugly, you are very ugly, tomorrow I'll be sober !!!

Cubster said:
I've always liked the quote from Winston Churchill, he was at a party ( he liked his tea , if you know what I mean ) when an Ambassadors wife approached him and said " Mr Prime Minister you appear to be very drunk " his reply, yes madam I am and may I add that your ugly, you are very ugly, tomorrow I'll be sober !!!

where did that come from?

How to keep from geting :q:q:q:qed

MrWilson said:
where did that come from?
Look befor you leap, next time no wink wink. just say you are f547ing carzy

almost

Cubster said:
"I may be drunk, but you are ugly, and tomorrow I will no longer be drunk, but you will still be ugly."
thats how it goes I think
argue2

dertyclown said:
"I may be drunk, but you are ugly, and tomorrow I will no longer be drunk, but you will still be ugly."
argue2

it sounded a bit fishey to me, but you got it

Cubster said:
I'm ordering a posi-traction rear end for my Mark ( Bryan its from Max ) with 373 gears, how much should I expect to pay to have it installed ? I'm also having my mechanic install the heater panel in my dash, in addition I'm ordering a performance chip from LMS, what do you think it should cost ?? If anyone would know its you !!!!!! :feedback

this is the one i bought from max is ran me about $650-670 i did buy all new mounts too

267.jpeg

268.jpeg

Ricksquickviii said:
this is the one i bought from max is ran me about $650-670 i did buy all new mounts too

you dont need a new ds for the 3.73's, right?

MrWilson said:

I have a 93 mark it has the one piece shaft, Had the car running 80mph + the car runs very smooth!! the install is very easy i read a link somewhere geno posted while back on install very helpfull thanks geno you rock!

Rick

Ricksquickviii said:
I have a 93 mark it has the one piece shaft, Had the car running 80mph + the car runs very smooth!! the install is very easy i read a link somewhere geno posted while back on install very helpfull thanks geno you rock!

Rick

Everybody on this site is very helpful, its a gr8 site, I had no idea before stumbling onto this site that there were so many Mark enthusiasts. I'm glad I found it.

MrWilson said:
You don't need it if:

1) You don't get the vibes.

2) You can live with them

Money saved is money earned. Get my drift?

Rick, regarding my " quote " it would've been redundant for him to end with,tomorrow you'll still be ugly

dertyclown said:
argue2

It would've been redundant for him to say " you will still be ugly "

Cubster said:
Rick, regarding my " quote " it would've been redundant for him to end with,tomorrow you'll still be ugly

OOPS, wrong guy.........sorry

Members online

Back