Ported gen1 intakes......Please read.

Marine said:
I am definitely interested, but I'm in the same boat that this is my only car at this time. I think the prices are great. Maybe someone can come up with a way to fix the air flow problem, and we can make this thing work!

What do you mean by "the airflow problem"? The only intake that has a problem is the 2nd gen. and you can easily fix that my swapping the cobra intake on it. The ones I am working on, are for the gen1's only.

Mike

Hey guys.

Been to the dyno and back. FC Customs has one hell of a shop, and quite a few NICE projects going. Anyway as far as the numbers go, I'm not happy at all with them. Keep in mind this is only the baseline run to compare the ported intake that I'm gonna put on this weekend.

The most power I could pull was 202@4700 RPM, with an A/F dropping all the way to 11:1 at 5,200. (the A/F, was rich at the start of the run, but DROPS at 2700 rpm and continues to do so.) I'm gonna have to call the dyno shop to get the torque numbers for you as I forgot to ask. Now before you guys start laughing at me, I think I have an excuse for the low numbers.

The tranny I swapped in to the car was out of a 2000 Mustang, that year they switched to a different style of speedo sensor. Well, I have yet to buy the calibration box needed to get the ecm to read it. I have a feeling that the ecm does'nt know how much fuel to dump in because as far as it knows, it's not moving the car. Thats my opinion anyway.

I'm not really sure how to do this guys. Do I put the new intake on it, and run it "as is"? Or do I get the a/f problem fixed, and everything worked out on it, then run it. Give me some ideas of what you would like to see, and I'll do it. This is just a kick in the nuts for me, I was hoping for some GOOD numbers.

Well, I'm sorry to hear your dissappointed. I would say try fixing the ecm problem then slap on the ported intake manifold, and have them fix the a/f ratio with the new intake on. This way they don't have to adjust it again after the swap. But if you are looking for numbers in how much you gained between the two, then go the other way.

Yes those numbers are a bit low for the Mark, have you given it a decent tune up lately ?

Freein' up that exhaust will help a ton also. Maybe a glogged cat or some bad 02's could be holding back a few ponies.

StraDog said:
Well, I'm sorry to hear your dissappointed. I would say try fixing the ecm problem then slap on the ported intake manifold, and have them fix the a/f ratio with the new intake on. This way they don't have to adjust it again after the swap. But if you are looking for numbers in how much you gained between the two, then go the other way.

Yes those numbers are a bit low for the Mark, have you given it a decent tune up lately ?

Yea, a "new" engine, plugs wires, and o2 sensors. Like I said, I have a feeling the power is missing due to the lack of proper engine managment. I'll get it straightend out.

Any of you know exactly what parameters are needed for the ecm to calculate fuel delivery?

94m5 said:
Hey guys.

Been to the dyno and back. FC Customs has one hell of a shop, and quite a few NICE projects going. Anyway as far as the numbers go, I'm not happy at all with them. Keep in mind this is only the baseline run to compare the ported intake that I'm gonna put on this weekend.

The most power I could pull was 202@4700 RPM, with an A/F dropping all the way to 11:1 at 5,200. (the A/F, was rich at the start of the run, but DROPS at 2700 rpm and continues to do so.) I'm gonna have to call the dyno shop to get the torque numbers for you as I forgot to ask. Now before you guys start laughing at me, I think I have an excuse for the low numbers.

The tranny I swapped in to the car was out of a 2000 Mustang, that year they switched to a different style of speedo sensor. Well, I have yet to buy the calibration box needed to get the ecm to read it. I have a feeling that the ecm does'nt know how much fuel to dump in because as far as it knows, it's not moving the car. Thats my opinion anyway.

I'm not really sure how to do this guys. Do I put the new intake on it, and run it "as is"? Or do I get the a/f problem fixed, and everything worked out on it, then run it. Give me some ideas of what you would like to see, and I'll do it. This is just a kick in the nuts for me, I was hoping for some GOOD numbers.

The speedo sensor on the 2000 unit is the same, just swap your speedo gear onto the end of it? Whats the mileage on the car, have you changed the fuel filter? It sounds more like a delivery problem, like a weak pump.

ONEBADMK8 said:
The speedo sensor on the 2000 unit is the same, just swap your speedo gear onto the end of it? Whats the mileage on the car, have you changed the fuel filter? It sounds more like a delivery problem, like a weak pump.

No it's not. The 2000 T45 uses a magnetic VSS, as opposed to the older gear driven units. :) But you may be on to something with the fuel pump, it's original with 120,000 on it. I've been meaning to pick up a fuel pressure tester, I may have a reason now. :)

Oh duuhh your a stick, I was thinking a GT 4R70W. Its for sure the fuel pump then. Guaranteed. DO a pump and a fuel filter and you will be amazed.

Members online

No members online now.
Back