Pontiac El Camino

gcwimmer

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was working an antiques auto show here in Nevada this last weekend, and saw this 2009 Pontiac G8, V8, "El Camino", one of six in the US, asking price $33K.

Web Camera Picture 10.jpg

Web Camera Picture 11.jpg

Web Camera Picture 13.jpg

Web Camera Picture 20.jpg

how about a gs ute from australia?
http://www.fpv.com.au/fpv-range/gs-ute/overview
"Powered by the new supercharged Boss 5.0 litre V8 engine, the GS Ute produces 315kW of power at 5,750rpm and 545Nm of torque at 2,200-5,500rpm making it an exhilarating addition to the FPV performance range.

The GS Ute comes standard with the FPV high series brakes featuring 322mm front rotors and 303mm rear rotor and to ensure ride and handling is at a premium the TR6060 6-speed manual transmission is included as standard as are the FPV sports cloth seats."

supercharged boss 5.0? why on earth don't we have something like up up here?
315 kw is 422 hp and 545Nm is 400 lb ft of torque.

That looks gay.

But I won't lie, I would rock a G8 GXP, no hesitation. Those cars look great with awesome power. And I feel like they have an LS-esque exclusivity.

Oh and gj keeping it LS related, there is a gen2 in the fourth photo.

that Pontiac Camino reminds me of a mullet for some reason. Care up front, Truck in the back? *shrug*

It's originally a Holden.

holden-ve-ute-review-4-big.jpg

I also found this:

pontiac-g8-sport-truck-ute.jpg

Some people think that El Camino has made a comeback when they saw the Pontiac G8 Sport Truck at the 2008 new york Auto Show. The new Pontiac G8 is rear-wheel-drive car-based pickup truck, or Ute.

It's no El Camino, that's for sure. Redneck wants to pull a quick scam.

The G8 also originated from Holden in Australia, as did the egg-shaped GTO. GM owned (or still owns) Holden, and took some of their designs as well as existing makes and adopted them for the U.S.

There was a few buyers from Australia buying up muscle cars to ship back, about fifteen cars, then they covert them to right hand drive.

There were a few buyers shipping old VW and Mercedes back to Germany, and the Netherlands, show how weak the US dollar is.

Members online

No members online now.
Back