Polling MarkVIII Owners

93 Customized Mark VIII
Male 25
20 miles avg per. day, 90/10 mix city/highway
Avg 25 mpg
I love the looks, and performance
Dislike the headlights but my fog lights help alot
***** 5 star for sure

95 LSC /ROSE Brought it from so. cal about 4 years ago.(no rust yet)
male 50+ but wife drives daily 50 miles.
Best auto I ever had.Last one a 74 T-Brd I had for 21 yrs.Hope I have this one longer
Lighting NFG. Some stuff hard to work on.Just takes more time.Wheels are directional and I've seen a lot of them backwards.Had to buy snow tires,too much power(love it)
I'd give it 5+stars

93/Mark VIII
-Male
-20 miles per day highway
-What I like best about my Mark is it's ability to get up and go when I need it to.
-What I dislike about my Mark is not being able to use regular Unleaded gas
-I give my Mark 4 stars.

1995 Base (sort of) - Blk/Blk North of all numbers (you've just begun to count) Now 20 to 60 Low riding comfort What lights? Rating is a FIVE. Easy to work on & plenty of info from everyone else to guide you on your way. OH ya Male, Ed :cool:

What type of Mark do you drive?

MonsterMark said:
If Tony doesn't mind
icon12.gif
, I'd like to steal his thread for us Mark guys.

Polling Mark VIII Owners
I'd change the questions a little bit:

-year/model
-male or female and age
-miles you drive per day and what type of driving (city/highway)
-what you like best about the MarkVIII
-what you dislike the most about the MarkVIII
-rating of your Mark : use a 5 star * system, 1 being poor (would never buy again), 3 average and 5 best.

'93 and '98: The 2 best years.
Somewhere north of 40.
150miles/day... 20/80 city/highway mix. 28mpg highway
Ride'n with Class, Style and Attitude
Lack of wagon pulling Torque
***** without question

"97 LSC
Male/50 yrs. young
driven 50-60 miles daily
60% city/40% highway
like most: luxury and power, great styling
like least: electrical glitches, cost of repair
5 stars ***** WITHOUT QUESTION, WITHOUT DOUBT, WITHOUT HESITATION!!! :L

1995 Ivory Pearl
38 Male
30mi/day (that is until the system is finished)
Power is best, luxury is next, cops just pass you by.
Can't see at night unless brights are on.

Since the Mark has been in my family since day one, I would say after 2 air suspensions, original engine, original transmission, and 200,000 miles, I would rank this beast a 5!!!!

poll

MonsterMark said:
If Tony doesn't mind
icon12.gif
, I'd like to steal his thread for us Mark guys.

Polling Mark VIII Owners
I'd change the questions a little bit:

-1998 LSC black/tan int 30,000 miles
-male 43
-30 city/ 50 highway per month
-looks, engine, interior
-telescoping wheel no longer retracts, sometimes the ac blower doesn't work (stupid little things)
-rating of your Mark : ****

Oh gotta love the MARK

[(FONT=Impact)]
1993 Mark VIII Black with Cobra R Rims :L
well Im Male 21 years old gettin a head start on drivin real cars
i would prolly put about 1500 km a month
Love the fact that i can tell those 1800lb rice rockets that my car weighs 4990lbs and i just blew the doors off them and still look better too :ricesmile

Ummmmm.... hmm. something i dont like about the mark...welll......I'll get back to you on that one.
It gets all the stars great car. (had a mark VII it gets 5 stars too)
Many pics of my car at www.geocities.com/offroad77_4x4/index.html :steering
[(/Font)]

-1993 Fully loaded
-Male/16
-40 city
-comfort/driveability and the luxury
-Lack of low end torque

Mark VIII

1998 LSC pearl, 74,000 miles - bought 3 months ago
41 yo male
70% hwy, 30% city, 12,000 miles a year
22 mpg (on a good tank)
Dislikes: premium gas!!
4 1/2 stars
Preliminary Report: The favorite car I've owned

old farts and classy cars

'98 LSC
male, North of 40 (way North - in Canada)
less than 10K per year mixed city-hwy.
classy look, smooth V-8, and overall bang for the loonie :wave
more firm suspension than '94 Mk.8, rear window seal defect, tarnished plastic headlight covers.
4.5 rating

LincsFNRok said:
-1996 Red Mark VIII 97k miles
-M 19
-40 miles/day mainly city
-Looks, performance, quality--I've only had it for a month, this thing is WAY better in every aspect compared to my '94 T-Bird V8
-Headlights but who cares-if I ever need good light thats what high beams are for

- Out of the five cars I have owned, this is BY FAR the best in every aspect, my dream car, I have always wanted one, absolutely love it.
48 yrs young
10 to 20 miles a day (not near as much as i would like)
got the black on black, so it looks great!!!!! nicest car i have every had,
would replace in in a heart beat!!!!
trandy, cost for repairs,
i give it a 5, no make that a 6
:L

98 LSC Tri coat (Pearl White) with ALL the options (including phone :N ) :bow:
22 male
20-40 mpd
:L Everything about it is great it only has 61000 on it
Dislike : repair prices (mirror $740)

1 STAR
2 STAR
3 STAR
4 STAR
5 STAR
15 Stars total

97 base silver frost / dove grey
52 (old dude huh?)
weekdays- 90-100 miles/day 85 highway/15 city
best- the luxury and power..... the way it looks from the rear - going away
least - gen 2 "whale" nose ......... maybe a custom grill would help?

1998 Base - Black/Charcoal
Male - 37 yrs old
40-50 miles per day - 60% city 40% highway
comfort and speed
hard to find the "right" one
***** of course

93 BASE
about 100 miles everyday
even with the 4.11's it still gets 19 mpg around town
i love how good of a sleeper it is , it runs 12's on the bottle and is dead quite
the things i don't like are mostly maintainance problems , i hate air ride , the head lights , the flimsy climate controls , and a few other stupid things , and the rear tires could get better milage ...lol
3.5 stars , but over all i love the car and i would own another

Actually, I think some of the Euro High End manufaturers (Mercedes, BMW and Porsche) had the HID's several years before Lincolns did.

IIRC, Lincoln (FORD) is the first US manufacturer to put in HID's, and also the first manufacturer Worldwide to use Direct Current in their HID's.

A confirmed Mark man

Male well past 40

'94 Blk/Blk 119K

Girl friend drives now very little mileage
Power, sound of engine
Noisy suspension

'98 Cordovan/Tan LSC CE

45 miles round trip to work but I alternate with my Miata
Gorgeous interior with memory seats and steering position
Tranny and electrical problems with steering column and driver's seat

I've been driving Marks since 1992 (a 1990 Mark VII SE) and I will for as long as they run. The LS doesn't do it for me

OOO man thats cold

I have owned a 84,85,88 t-bird turbo coupes I traded my restored/modified 85 turbo coupe and a cougar xr7(parts car that ran) for my mark 8 plus he had to give me cash..lol not sure who got the better deal. my T-BIRD would do 145 mph easy. and was a hell of alot easier to work on. i'd of put my 2.3 turbo up against a stock mark 8

Lickwid said:
97 LSC royal blue
25 male
around 1000 mile a year (summer weekend cruising)
I love the attention it attracts
I hate when people say nice T-bird

Da Poll

93 Mark VIII/115K
:gr_hail: M/49 & Bald mostly my choice
12k per yr. 60% highway 40 City
:steering Comfort/Fast :steering
:Bang Headlights :Bang
5​

Last edited:
Luv my linc

95 mviii base 38 male 200-300 miles wknd 18-38mpg I like the respect that my Linc commands from those who share the road w/ her. I enjoy her comfortable ride, the things I do not like is her temper! when she acts up it`s costly and in most cases difficult to preform the surgery to get her back in shape! She has taught me that if I treat her right, she will get me to my destination safely and quickly! I rate her 4 solid stars

'93 The best year
Somewhere south of 40. (21)
40miles/day... 20/80 city/highway mix. 28mpg highway
This is the best car in the world Mine is in Plum Mist med rare but awesome carnot one problem here topped out at 160mph
****************************************************************************************************************** :L without question

1995 LSC Pearl White
Male 21
roughly 250 a week and mostly city (has 160k on it now)
i like how it looks and the power, i get compliments often, and the sound is great. i could only imagine it when im done.
i dislike- that damned lugspacing(makes wheel choices very slim), also dislike
the prices of aftermarket parts, and the oil filter location, and i like the headlights on the 97/98 better. (i bought mine used so there is no telling why my front end is screwed up LSC comes with HID but my right front is extremely dim)

i hope i dont have to find out if it will save my ass like my MKVII did. . .

and about the "old people car" stereotype that some of ya'll talk about...just ask them if they want to race you in their grandmothers car...or better yet...their car. hah. that will shut them up.
i will say 4.8 stars i would give it 5 if it came with the 3 piece cobra intake stock. but it still kicks ass.

04-21-05_1953.jpg

03-28-05_1546.jpg

03-28-05_1547.jpg

93 Royal blue driven daily 40 miles, moonroof; Diablo Sport chip; otherwise stock; 210k on the odometer and still going strong just like me at fifty.

94 same old green, seems like there is more of them than any other color. This car is a serious drag car!!! 5.2 Sean Hyland stage III motor, twin Turbonetics turbos; power glide; 9 inch Ford rear end with 6.50 gears; Tubbed; 32x16-15 Mickey Thompson ET slicks rear, 26x4.5 front; Kooks stainless custom turbo headers; custom fabricated cold water intercooler; MSD DIS 4; FAST engine management;Dedenbear Command Center 3 delay box; frame connectors; Fabricated 4 link; Competion Enineering wheelie bars; sixteen point chrome molly cage; 97 T-Bird struts with 90/10 coil-overs, QA1 custom coil-over rear; B+M air shifter; Aeromotive 11105 fuel pump, Rail mounted fuel presure regulators; Wilson sheetmetal intake; Accufab Dual 70mm throttle body; Siemens 83 lb/hr injectors and alot more. I'm not going to say this is the fasted Mark VIII around, but if anybody has a faster one it better run under 8 seconds!!! I've run this car 15 times and been scared to death everytime!! I built it for one reason, and thats to win the World Muscle Car Shoot Out in Orlando next summer, by then it should be down in the mid 7's if I don't crash first. See ya down there. You'll know who I am if you make it down. I've got Skid Mark plastered all over it. I give all Mark VIII's *****.

Members online

No members online now.
Back