Polling LS Owners

TonyLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'd like to take a poll on a few topics from LS owners that are our there:

-year/model
-male or female and age
-miles you drive per day and what type of driving (city/highway)
-what you like best about the LS
-what you like worse about the LS
-rating of your LS : use a 3 star * system, 1 being poor (would never buy again) and 3 being the best.

I'll go first:

04V6
male-44
75 miles/highway
best: handling and response
worse: the back middle sit: so I've been told I've never sat there
*** :feedback

01 LS8 Sport
age 48 ( me, not the car )
city, 15 miles per day during the week
Best feature Handling without a doubt
Least gas mileage, could be a little better. But I love the car so it really dosen't matter.
3= I would by again

'00 LS V8 Sport
31 male
SST Auto
30-40 miles a day, more on weekends
I like the handling, looks, and just the car overall.
I'm a little disapointed with the gas milage, I have a 351 in a Capri that does better than this. I'm also very surprised at some of the simple qualty issues... heated seat failed, window regulators, coil packs etc.
I'd rate the car a 2 star, I like it a lot, and it grows on me every day, but I'm not sure how happy I'd be if I bought it brand new.

00 LS8 Sport
26 male
daily driver when weather premits
Looks and handling!
I rate this a 3! Always wanted one just had other things to buy first. I am wanting another in 2 years time.

2002 LS V8 Sport
Male, 28
30 m/per day avg (city)
Best : Just an outright sharp car
Worst: The fuel economy of and M1 Tank
3 stars, I love this car more and more every day

2000 LS V8
Male, 17
16 miles city
Best: Clean looks, nice ride
Worst: problems (maybe about another 150 hp as well)
3 Stars, but not sure if I would want another

03 V8
22 Male
50 miles per day, split highway and city
I like the handling and power, and the fact that it is not a very common car.
I don't really like not being able to see when I drive it. I was hoping mileage would be better but it's not that big of a deal.
(I had a lifted F-150 before this car which is part of the reason for those two statements above.)
I'd say ***

00 V8 Sport
Male 23
I drive it mostly on weekends.
I like the handling and the looks the best.
I like the idea of the SST, but it should shift quicker and firmer.
3 stars, but if they don't come up with more power by the time I buy a new car (it'll be a while) I'll be driving either an S-type R, an A6 V8, or an M5.

LS/V8 ultimate
Male 18
30 miles/ city
Love the look, all of the options, has everything a 80,000 luxury car has, drives nice, looks good with after market options
loses value but its because its American
3 stars

My 49 year-old wife traded in her '96 SVT Mustang Cobra for the LS in my signature. The handling is good and the engine's not bad. I think the owners of the earlier years would like the car more with the current engine. We've only had the car a couple weeks, so I don't know if we'd buy another. Currently, I'd give it 3 stars. The mileage isn't very good, but I don't care. After owning 2 Mustang Cobras, I love DOHC engines!

2000 V8 base
Male, 32
70 miles, mixed city/highway
Best features are its smooth, quiet ride, and tremendous performance. From a driver's standpoint, this is the best car I've ever driven. Driver comfort is also outstanding.
Worst feature is reliability. The reliability issue is compounded by the fact that the car is complex, the mechanical areas cramped, making it difficult and expensive to work on. Although I've only had the car 6 months/13,000 miles, if things keep going the way they have, not only will I not buy another LS, I won't buy another Ford product.

Other negatives include poor fuel economy, but I knew the EPA numbers when I bought it, and the car has been consistent with that (20 mpg in my commuting cycle). The 23 mpg on the highway still baffles me. My Chrysler gets 23 on the highway, and it's a rolling brick with a big block.

Could use more cubic inches for bottom-end power. This is a pretty minor issue, though. The car is geared very well and revs up quickly, and does a great job at disguising its true torque-to-weight ratio.

Overall, I give it a 2, because when it works, it's so very good.

04 V8
Male, 28
Weekend car
Classiest domestic car I could find for the money.
The transmission on the other hand is a complete POS, one more delayed forward engagement that almost puts me into a wall and I'm gonna put a lot of bullets in this thing.
Overall I give it ** for a vehicle that has damn near everything else well thought out I can't understand why the transmission is such a POS.

00 V6 sport
Male, 22
30 Hwy
An all around great ride.
The automatic wipers are kind of annoying.
*** Great vehicle.

00 LS8 Sport 45k
age 28
@20 miles per day, 90% hwy
Best features: Style, Comfort, Handling, Power (still needs another 50 to 100 hp)
Worst features: the cup holders, SST should start in first gear
I know they fixed these in later years but I still have to deal with them.
The gas mileage is great compared with my other two vehicles that average @ 16mpg.
I wouldn’t know about the rear seat, I’ve never been there.
3= I would defiantly buy another, but I haven’t had any problems (yet) knock on wood.

-2000 LS8 Sport
-Male 26, fiancee is 23
-50-150, city/highway
-Styling, handling, creature comforts, toys
-RELIABILITY
-1 for the rating. We've had the car for right at a month, and have barely driven it. It's been broken most of the time, and the damn thing won't throw a freaking SES light to tell me which coils are misfiring. Not to mention the dealership took the car for a freaking week to change one coil out, and then gives it back with an A-OK rating, only to have it break again with the EXACT SAME ISSUE less than a week later.

Honestly, I love the car, and Katie loves the car. But not being able to drive it anywhere without fear of it breaking down (again) and leaving one or both of us stranded (again) is really leaving a bad taste in our mouths. We're both GM people, and always made fun of the Ford vehicles (Fix Or Repair Daily, Found On Road Dead, ect) but fell in love with the car when we first drove it. Sadly, it's living up to those joking acronyms. If it continues this way, it will be the last Ford we ever own too.

'00 V8 non-sport, fully loaded.
Male-43, wife-31 (her car)
I drive it maybe 15 miles / week, less in winter.

Likes: BEST road car I've ever driven, love the premium Alpine, even w/ the glove-box filled w/ CD changer. Styling (especially front / side) is outstanding, screams "sport sedan". Handling is great, feels lighter on its feet than my T/A. Luxury details all very nice (wish my seat heater still worked though). Like the smootheness of the DOHC V8, but..............

Dislikes: I think DOHC motors are over-rated, I prefer the low-end grunt of a pushrod motor. My LS1 blows this engine away from a power AND MPG standpoint. PLUS, a LS1 would probably fit this engine bay w/ more room to spare than this puny-displacement DOHC engine. Typical of all Ford ATs, this trans is slow and in-decisive (yes, it's been flashed).

Overall, 3 of 4 stars. This will most likely be replaced by a SRT-8 300.

01 v8 sport
26 male
400 per week
ride and looks
little problems and reliability
2 - love the looks and handling but power is a about 75 horses under my needs for a car thats around 50k coming out the lot

2002 V8 Premium
20 male
25miles per day
I like 1) the look 2) handling 3) Not as common as a BMW but a better car. 4 the $ 4) safety - weighs two tons.
I guess i would say it's a bit slow off the line but then again I was not looking for a race car.
I give it a 3. It's my first car I've had it for 5 months and I'm loving it. (great for long drives...my school is 6hrs away I've made the trip 3 times without stopping)
When I get done with this car and they're still in production I would buy it again.

First LS was a 200 V8 Sport.

Current LS 2003 V8 Premium Sport
Male 40
Roughly 10k miles per year.
Love the look, handling, etc
Worst: Lincoln's lack of committment to this car. To provide a high end competitor to the CTS-V.

2000 LS8 Sport, 53K mi
Male 38
20 mi/day, city & hwy, for work
Love the looks, esp. in the evening light (black car w/blacked out trim, Angel Eyes) and handling
Wish there were more aftermarket performance options
will be buying another used LS

2000 LS8 Non-sport 67K mi
Male 36
120 miles a week mainly in crappy traffic due to construction
Pro:The front of the car is what made me test drive one. The handling/ride is what made me buy one.
Con:Tight working space for repairs and systems over complicated.
Had to give to my wife and am expecting to get an '00 Sport for myself in the next week or so.

Members online

No members online now.
Back