Please Help with really Wierd Air Bag Problem

ramairmustang

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
It's like there is 3 chambers. The first chamber will hold air but i might as well be on the ground. The second chamber is the one that is used for highway speeds where im at most of the time and it will not hold air. The third chamber holds air but to get it to fill I have to basically lift my car above the second chamber for air to get into it then it will stay pumped up as long as I do not drive above 50mph. Because at that speed the car go's into "Highway Mode""that's what I call it" and it let's the air out of chamber 3 in order to be lower to the ground for more control on the highway. But chamber 2 does not hold air so it deflates to chamber 1 making the rest of the car try to level out and it's about one hand high from where my wrist meets my hand to the tip of my middle finger off the ground from my door sil. I have not been able to get under my car yet as I have messed up my back from haveing to lift my car up in order to get into my driveway when I come home. I turn off the key, radio and heat then roll down the window close the door and them turn the key to ON. The car lifts up about half an inch or so then you hear Tssssssss the air exscapeing and the car stops rising. Then using the finder well I have to lift the car up untill I stop hearing the Tsssssss noise then hold it there about 15 seconds then I can let it go and it will continue to rise till it's normal again. The next day it's still at the same level as when I did all that. It sat for 3day's and held it's air. But as soon as you get on the highway and up to speed the Check Air Ride light comes on and you know your flat.

No chambers lol but I just think you have cracks in your bags. Some heights the cracks are covered then new height the bag expands and now cracks are open to air. (not sat on).

No chambers lol but I just think you have cracks in your bags. Some heights the cracks are covered then new height the bag expands and now cracks are open to air. (not sat on).

Yep. That's it. My car used to have the same problem. It had cracks juuuust below park height. I used to be able to push my car down repetitively and hear psssh psssh psssh until it bled enough air out that it would just finish itself off. You need new airbags ramairmustang....

^ What they said. I had a similar issue long ago. Those cracks can make it very hard to figure out whats wrong until you understand how they play out.

Thanks guys. Is it cost effective to fix the one bag or is it cheaper to go with Coil Overs and if so what kit/products do I need to make this happen soon. Keep in mind im supporting a disabled mother and a dad that is in bad shape so funds are very very restricted.

Cheapest way to never worry about it again is to go to bone yard and pull spring units from a thunderbird or cougar. Never touch again.

Has any one did just the front and left rear bags in??

Yes. And that can sometimes be an issue. If the rears leak and the front sensors are not just right or removed, good luck getting them to inflate. If they are just right one will still get the check air ride message on the highway. But that can be removed.

The best solution to failing front bags is to just replace them with rebuilds. Its cheap and quick. You dont need to find springs that may or may not be good, after all they wear out. And you dont have to mess with a spring compressor, find perches, etc. I woud recommend American Air of course. Do not go with Arnott.

A Mark is not the best car for those on a budget. And removing air-ride does NOT improve the resale value.

Yes. And that can sometimes be an issue. If the rears leak and the front sensors are not just right or removed, good luck getting them to inflate. If they are just right one will still get the check air ride message on the highway. But that can be removed.

The best solution to failing front bags is to just replace them with rebuilds. Its cheap and quick. You dont need to find springs that may or may not be good, after all they wear out. And you dont have to mess with a spring compressor, find perches, etc. I woud recommend American Air of course. Do not go with Arnott.

A Mark is not the best car for those on a budget. And removing air-ride does NOT improve the resale value.

You pull out complete units from bone yard, couple bolt/nuts whole unit comes out correct? No spring compressors.Someone with NO money I would go springs. But thats just my 2 cents.

What do you mean by whole unit? Anytime I have worked with springs I have used a compressor to remove/install them.

main.jpg

the whole thing. shock, spring, and all.

Ah, I did not know the absorbers had some sorta stop limiter on them to take pressure off of the LCA when extended.

Okay what about the kit from www.supercoupeperformance.com $411? Does anyone think that a bag leaking after only 2 years of use is right? I did hit a major pot hole on that side the problem started about 3day's later with the softer than normal feel over bumps but the car still sat okay.

Thanks unity I am tight on cash but it's my only car now so I have no choice. I think i'll get that from american air thank you for the link.

What happened to AAS's andrenaline compressor? And the spider valve? I don't see it there anymore....

From what I understand, Eddie can't get the compressors any more to make the Adrenaline.

From what I understand, Eddie can't get the compressors any more to make the Adrenaline.

I spoke with Eddie Tuesday, he's not able to get the parts needed anymore for the Adrenaline.. I wanted to get one I guess I'll just have to find out where MESPOCK lives and steal his. :shifty: :shifty::D

Anyway I got his regular pump with dryer and it still offers up a 2 year warranty and is supposedly a better pump then oem.. we'll find out, they are on backorder 2 weeks.. :(

Okay I got a new air strut put on last night and everything works like it should. Well I thought. The car now on the drivers side park height is damn near on the ground. After I start the car it inflates back up proper level. The passenger side sit's at normal park height when off. Why does the driver side feel it necessary that you climb onboard from the ground. The driver side back at least stayed inflated with the bad bag but with the new one the driver side back bag follows right along with the driverside front. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I just read all of this thread for the first time and from your very first post, I thought you have a height sensor problem on that side. Just my thoughts. I would at least try to find another one and swap it out or the one you have might just need adjusting but I would assume you have done this already. I keep two on hand for just in case purposes.

NoLimit95. I have not adjusted the height sensor but it could have been knocked possibly when I hit that grand canyon of a dip in the road. But you are saying I should try replacing my Height sensor right?

Members online

No members online now.
Back