Please help drivers window wont come up

rage_stg

New LVC Member
Reaction score
i have a 97 mk8 and my drivers window won't roll up. Yesterday i noticed it would go down but seemed like it's a problem with the connection (had to push the button 4 or 5 times before it would go up). My brother drove it to the store and rolled the window all the way down and it wont go back up.

PLEASE HELP. I CANT STAND IT WHEN MY BABY ISN'T WELL.

When you push the window switch for it to go up, do you here the window motor running? If so then it is problably the drive gears in the nose of the motor are bad. Easy fix and most auto parts stores carry the rebuild kit for like 5 bucks.

If you do not hear the motor running, it may be the motor is bad or a bad electrical connection or switch. Sometimes it is a bad switch connection and you can take the switch out and pull it apart and clean up the contacts.

I don't hear the motor anymore. i'm trying to clean the connections but can't seem to get them detached from the door. Dang these stubby fingers, maybe I'm just making it too complicated.

The bottom portion snaps into the housing, you would be better off using something like a jewelers screwdriver to seperate it. But do not get hasty with it, as if you screw it up, then you have to get a new or used one elsewhere. If you can not get it seperated, then use a test light to see whenyou press the switch, you are getting voltage out of the switch to the motor. If you do, it is not the switch. It is the motor, and if I was to determine if it is the motor, I would have the panel off the door, place your ear next to the door skin and listen for anything from the motor when you use the switch.

It seems weird, there is power when its in the down position but don't get any signal when its in the up position (even checked the passenger side and its fine). But i don't hear the motor either, just a slight click.

My 97 did the same thing, it was the switch.
Replaced switch and problem is gone.

Bought a used one from a member here at LVC

Members online

No members online now.
Back