Plastic piece, where's it go?

postalUT

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone recognize this piece of plastic. I found it sitting in my cupholder when I got in the car the other day and I have no idea what it is.

SSPX0047.jpg

SSPX0046.jpg

I don't know if you can see in the picture, but there is a tiny L on the side of the pice indicating that this belongs to the left side of something

HELP!?

how did u find it in your cupholder? who put it there? did it fall from outside the car, inside, what? someone put it there in the holder

You know I don't know how I found it in my cup holder. It could have dropped there from wherever it broke off, but no one has been in my car except me.

So if anyone can figure out where this came from, please let me know.

Ive taken about every panel off of my car and i dont know what it is. try the seat, dash. ive never seen it on the doors, under the hood, in the trunk or anywhere on the outside body of the car, except underneath. its kind of like a challenge for me, i go crazy when i dont know stuff like this.

It might not even be from the car, but the fact that it showed up in my car, in my cupholder, AND it's the same color plastic as the rest of interior, it makes me think it came from the car. I was thinking maybe it goes to a hing-y type thing like the ash tray or the armrest console, but I haven't found it yet. It also looks too weak to be any kind of heavy support so my guess is trim piece.

Well if they broke into my car, they somehow bypassed both UT and Knoxville Police Department officers, security cameras, my alarm system, and drunk students returning home at 3 in the morning, and they managed to forgo the theft of $100 worth of CD's in my glovebox, a $20 cell phone charger, $40 cell phone battery, and a couple of guitar cables, all to leave a piece of black plastic in my cupholder to mess with my head. Nah, it must've come off of the car.

It could have fallen out while driving, I just didn't notice it. THat's not really what concerns me, I just wonder where it coulda come from. I'm goign to do a thorough search tomorrow afternoon.

is it from the vent?

i have been attacked by my vents multiple times. my 03 drivers side vent cover broke off and shot at me once. i have also had the little silver pieces on the center vents blow off a couple of times.... just a thought.

Is your sunglasses holder hanging open, or is the ashtray out? It sorta-kinda looks like the catch that holds one of them closed...

I have the sunroof so the sunglass holder is out. The ash tray is working fine (my first idea). The A/C vent sounds like a plausible idea

It looks like the middle piece of the air vent. Try looking at those. The center console maybe?

The seat bolt covers (that cover the seat rails/bolts in the floorboard) are forever more falling off my car. That wouldn't be a piece broken off of one of those?

On a side note has anyone come up with some way to cover those?

Could it be the mat retainer, the little piece of plastic the affixes the mat to the carpet, so the mat does not move out of place?

It's too big to be the mat retainer, the pice is about 2-3 inches long.

As far as the covers for the seat mounts, I have that same problem but I took mine off a few months ago because I got tired of everyone playing soccer with it in the back seat when it came off. The peice might be from there but I hav eno idea where it would fit

no, i dont think its from there. i doubt its from the center console. does your moonroof function properly? it sort of looks like one of the little arms that raises it to vent.

Amazing.

I am actually sitting at a coworkers desk in another office today, opened his desk drawer, and inside the top drawer is an item almost EXACTLY..like you posted. I mean almost IDENTICAL.

I asked him what it was, and he said it was an optional piece for his bluetooth headset he uses at his desk.

Now that you said that, I forgot about the guy I took home from work a couple times. Its quite possible that this belongs to him or his headset. That would mean the "L" on the side makes complete sense.

I'll talk to the guy, and see what happens and let you guys know.

Members online

No members online now.
Back