Plac to buy a clock spring

Monkeys_ls6

LVC Member
Reaction score
So my clock spring took a crap on me and was wondering where you can get one for a decent price. I called five star ford and they quoted me 260 plus shipping. Seem a bit to high for my liking. Was wondering if any of you guys have tried the ones they sell on ebay for roughly 150 plus shipping. Also my bettary needs to be replaced. My question with the battery is what are the benefits of getting one of those fancy dry cell battery's, you know the funky yellow round looking battery? Sorry for the hella long post guys.

Try Tasca and Ford parts giant for the clockspring.
For the battery, you really need to get the correct factory battery with the connection of the external vent tube. Any other battery can vent hydrogen (explosive) and corrosive gases into the trunk and into the cabin. Even the rep for Optima said not to use their batteries in the LS trunk. The cost of the factory battery, even from a dealer, is not that bad.

So my clock spring took a crap on me and was wondering where you can get one for a decent price. I called five star ford and they quoted me 260 plus shipping. Seem a bit to high for my liking. Was wondering if any of you guys have tried the ones they sell on ebay for roughly 150 plus shipping. Also my bettary needs to be replaced. My question with the battery is what are the benefits of getting one of those fancy dry cell battery's, you know the funky yellow round looking battery? Sorry for the hella long post guys.

I got mine off of eBay, from Tasca. IIRC, $139.

Members online

No members online now.
Back