pioneer avic F90BT,

how much splicing??? i was under the impression that the harness supplied would take care of most of the wiring then jsut the ground power?? do you have any more detailed pics of what you did

Keep in mind that you have to connect the aftermarket harness to the radio harness. So that's where all of your connecting speaker wires etc. comes into play at. Trust me real simple, the instructions with the radio tells you which wires are what and then there will be a diagram for the aftermarket harness that tells you which wire is which. If you saw my install pics, you noticed that I installed my gps antenna in the rear deck on my third brake light. I mounted the microphone right above the steering column. It clipped right on perfectly, looks as if it belongs there.

oh, so the harness will have bare ends??? so i will have to cut the factory harness off?

OH NO, you don't cut the factory harness off. The aftermarket harness connects to the factory harness on one end and the other end is the end that you splice into the radio's harness. Me myself I like to use crimp connections.

hahhahahaha. i would have figured that out when i got into it,,, but have you had to re crimp anything, that was the route i was gonna take as well. ideally i would solder bu that seems really time consuming

Keep in mind that you have to connect the aftermarket harness to the radio harness. So that's where all of your connecting speaker wires etc. comes into play at. Trust me real simple, the instructions with the radio tells you which wires are what and then there will be a diagram for the aftermarket harness that tells you which wire is which. If you saw my install pics, you noticed that I installed my gps antenna in the rear deck on my third brake light. I mounted the microphone right above the steering column. It clipped right on perfectly, looks as if it belongs there.

ehhh not a fan of the location of the microphone. I've found in the cars I did a mike on that if you clip it to the headliner next to the windshield and almost centered in the car it reduces wind noise the most.

Do you have any complaints about it or have to put your windows up while driving?

i have been reading around and there seems to be a question of weather or not all the speakers in my 04 will work after install, has anyone here replaced the stock nav with an aftermarket version??

Ok so i got my pioneer today. i have an 04 lse with stock nav, THX sound. apparently there are three stock amplifiers, one for front , rear and sub. since these are all line level i should not use the speaker wires from the harness but use the 3 pre outs supplied on unit. Is this correct? and how many of you have installed units and kept stock setup as far as speakers and amps??? Will the factory harness have rca's or if not how will i wire this correctly???

hello, the website avic411 is down for site maitenance, figures because im getting mine installed today ad needed pics of the bypass, does anyone have these for the f90bt??

Members online

No members online now.
Back