pioneer avic F90BT,

LsUnV2

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
ok im shopping on sonic electronics and i would like to get everything i need in one spot, with that said i want to get the right harness i will need and i would like to have the steering wheel controls to still work, dont have an ipod so dont need that. sirius radio is crap these days so screw that as well .. help me out guys thanks

When you purchase the unit just put in your vehicle's information and that's all you need to do. They are going to send you the harness for free and the bezel if it's in stock. Now here's the thing I caught when I ordered mine from Sonic back in September, make sure the double din kit is in stock. If it's not then it will delay your order. It happened to me, so they sent me the radio but the bezel came two months later after they got it back in stock. Lucky for me a friend of mine had already ordered one so I used his since he wasn't buy a unit anytime soon and just gave him mine when I got it in the mail. Now as far as the steering wheel controls, I read some information on avic411 that they were having issues with the module not working well with the unit and that they working on a new module. If you have any other questions just let me know.

will i need the double din kit even though i have the stock nav?

sweet so no worries, thanks lea, im ordering tomorrow , no tax and free shipping o ya

my girl had the F7.... step down but what a POS! It locked up the ipod several times a day, and the navi couldnt figure out what to do when she stopped at a red light. We returned it and got her the D3 and I cant believe how much smoother it is..... and I have one!

how much actual wire splicing soldering will i have to do or will the supplied harness take care of it?

The only wire that you will connect will be the common ground, power and memory wire from the aftermarket harness to the radio harness. Now let me ask you this, do you want it to be able to play dvds while you drive?

Ok I got your covered even though I haven't done it yet. There's a way to bypass it by simply removing the mute wire that's on the Avic's harness from one location to another and grounding the mute and the parking brake wire.

Check this site out and put it in your favorites. www.avic411.com Tons of stuff of what people have done to this unit and answers to problems and stuff.
Here is the thread from the site that shows you how to do it.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17013

looks easy enough but what of the parking brake wire ground???what the hell

The parking brake wire is a wire that comes out of the radios harness. It's light green in color. Not anything to do with the actual parking brake in the car.

i was thinking if the stock nav antenna could be used with the aftermarket pioneer? i heard that the stock nav was a pioneer unit so maybe it will work, that way i wont have to run more wires. thought

ordered today, and it shipped today!!!!!!wow now that is fast, hope to get some help from you guys, never installed a stereo before, but i am confident that it wont be too hard

ordered today, and it shipped today!!!!!!wow now that is fast, hope to get some help from you guys, never installed a stereo before, but i am confident that it wont be too hard

Are you putting in amps also or just the unit?

just the unit for now, stock speakers sound fine to me, great to me. im thinking of a custom box with 2 tens in the future. dont need too much bass.

When you get the unit, shoot me an message and I'll give you some pointers on how to install it and help if you have any questions. It took me about eight hours to do mine. I changed out my rca cables at the same time. But mostly it was running the wiring like the gps antenna and doing it right and then testing the unit out before I put it in the dash. Did you check out my install pics?

ya i seen it. 8 hours dammmmmmmmm. i dont have any extras to install, still 8 hours?? doing what lol/

Well I tell you this, if you never installed an radio, then you about to get a lesson with a navi unit. Trust me, when you have to run wires, splice or whatever,connect additional wiring, strategically running wires and placing antenna, you'll be surprised how long it will take. Since you not connecting any amps then yours make be shorter but since this is your first install then it may take you a while. Trust me you are going to have to play with the unit quite a bit to get it in the dash. But when you get frustrated just give me a buzz though, lol I will be gladly to help.

Members online

Back