Pinkin 1986 Lincoln Mark Vii Factory Painted Shell Pink

OldSchool1

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
For those of you that did NOT make it to the 2007 All Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA (everyone except Debi "MsM8tress", John "Driller" and Family and the LoD), may I introduce, PINKIN.

A 1 of 1 factory painted Shell Pink (see 1959 Lincolns and Ford Thunderbirds) Lincoln Mark VII.

OWNER: John "OldSchool1" Dancy

Dscf1162.sized.jpg

PINKIN – A Time Line

April 29, 1986 - Assembled in Wixom, Michigan, this base model Lincoln Mark VII was ordered by Mr. Sanford "Cigar Sandy" Block of New Jersey. The order requested all currently available options for a base model Mark VII, and an exterior color of SHELL PINK, previously found on the 1959 Lincoln.

May 13, 1986 - Maplecrest Lincoln Mercury of New Jersey, received the car with an odometer reading of <1 mile.

May 22, 1986 - Mr. Block took delivery of the car with an odometer reading of 9 miles. Mr. Block names the car "PINKIN".

May 1991 - Mr. Block sold PINKIN with an odometer reading of 5,700 miles, to a Classic Car dealer in Pennsylvania.

May 1991 – The Classic Car dealer sold PINKIN with an odometer reading of 5,700 miles, to Mr. Dave Maltz of Pennsylvania.

October 1995 – Mr. Maltz trades in PINKIN with an odometer reading of 9,132 miles, to McCracken Ford of Pennsylvania.

October 1995 – Mr. Jimmy McCracken sells PINKIN with an odometer reading of 9,133 miles, to South Park Mitsubishi of Pennsylvania.

October 1995 – South Park Mitsubishi sells PINKIN with an odometer reading of 9,134 miles, to Mr. Al "AGE" Eggers of Florida.

June 18, 1996 - Pennsylvania title or registration issued with an odometer reading of 10,047 miles.

March 14, 2005 – Mr. Eggers sells PINKIN with an odometer reading of 17,000 miles, to Mr. Anthony "Tony" Almeida of Florida.

February 27, 2006 – Mr. Almeida sells PINKIN with an odometer reading of 18,940 miles, to CamWreckers Motorsports of California.

December 2006 - CamWreckers Motorsports sells PINKIN with an odometer reading of 19,100 miles, to John “OldSchool1” Dancy of Pennsylvania.

November 2057 – Mr. Dancy takes PINKIN with an odometer reading of 67,700 miles, to the grave.

Pretty cool and very rare~

We had a 1959 Tbird Convertible The factory color then was called Flamingo Pink for the Thunderbird line up. Looks to be the exact same color.

Great fine, sorry I missed Carlisle this year.... had Daddie duties.

Pretty cool and very rare~

We had a 1959 Tbird Convertible The factory color then was called Flamingo Pink for the Thunderbird line up. Looks to be the exact same color.

Great fine, sorry I missed Carlisle this year.... had Daddie duties.

Thank you!
Some parents bring thier Kids.

Then the Kids don't want to leave :)

My daughter loves to go to all of the Carlisle/Hershey events, she went with me last year.

I was just this year she had a late cheerleading competition so we had to go to that.

PINKIN/SANDY reunion September 15, 2007 Edison, NJ

It had to happen!

PINKIN will definately be attending the September 15, 2007 Edison, NJ Breakfast Cruise. Hopefully Sandy (CigarSandy) Block, the original owner of PINKIN, will be in attendance! Sandy has not seen PINKIN since selling the vehicle in May of 1991 with an odometer reading of 5,700 miles. 16 years later, PINKIN's odometer just passed the 20,000 mile mark in August of 2007.

The Club normally meets outside from 8:30 am to 9:00 am or 9:30 am. We then go inside and sit together for an all you can eat breakfast buffet.

Hope you too can make it!

John "OldSchool1" Dancy

Sandy will DEFINATELY be there ... driving somethig like a 90's TownCar with <10,000 miles on it.

Rain or shine, PINKIN will be on the road and at the Cruise. Also, if you have any doubts as to the validity of this car, come by and I'll remove the back seat for you :)

DSCF1213.thumb.jpg
DSCF1212.thumb.jpg

I'm stunned john. That is a killer mark, and you gotta be a real man to be able to be secure in pink!

Wish you guys were closer to the midwest.

Midwest!

I'm stunned john. That is a killer mark, and you gotta be a real man to be able to be secure in pink!

Wish you guys were closer to the midwest.

"Secure in pink" is a phrase that I've heard alot since first displaying PINKIN in June of 2007. It's cool. I'm a collector and have a small but UNIQUE fleet of cars. Wait'll you see what I'm getting next <evil laugh, rubs hands together>.

As for the MidWest, we started a Michigan chapter but the coordinator moved south to TN to start a chapter there. We still have Members in MI but none are crazy enough to be a coordinator :)

Mrs.OldSchool does want to go to IL as we've been invited to a couple of places there.

Same with our '59 'Bird it was the color that sold me on it. I never even thought twice about it. The color makes it all that much more rare and turns more heads than just about any other color.

I sold it year later - Kinda regret it, but I know of a 'Sahara Rose' aka Pink '63 convertible with less than 20K on it...

Same with our '59 'Bird it was the color that sold me on it. I never even thought twice about it. The color makes it all that much more rare and turns more heads than just about any other color.

I sold it year later - Kinda regret it, but I know of a 'Sahara Rose' aka Pink '63 convertible with less than 20K on it...

hehehe
"Kinda regret it" is another one of those catch phrases that you hear a lot in this hobby.

I've sold only three cars in my lifetime:
1976 Lincoln Mark 4 - Mrs.OldSchool couldn't stand to have a banana yellow car in front of the house
1976 Cougar - bone stock. Bought and sold to a collector so that it wouldn't be crushed
1988 Lincoln Mark VII - perfectly good running parts car that I just didn't need for parts anymore :)

SANDY and PINKIN Reunion!

THE SANDY and PINKIN Reunion!
Wow! After selling his one of a kind pink 1986 Lincoln Mark VII in 1991, Sandy block has continued to collect cars. In December of 2006 he learned that PINKIN had been bought by a local (Pennsylvania) collector. Nine months later, on September 15, 2007, Sandy was reunited with his long lost Lincoln. During a regularly scheduled Breakfast Cruise to the Old Country buffet in Edison, NJ, six vehicles and nine participants gathered for another Saturday get together. Later, there was an emotional moment as Sandy remembered his late Father and the reason why he special ordered PINKIN in the first place. It was a gift to fulfill a long time dream. Thank you Sandy. Your Father and the Lincoln community, appreciates your purchase.

In attendance was:
Karen Block 2001 Jeep Silver
Sanford "Sandy" Block 2001 Jeep Silver
Rob "EightLives" Brossman 1989 Lincoln Mark VII LSC Midnight Current Red
Jack "HizHonor" Cohen 1991 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE Ebony Black
Adam "ADD" Dancy 1986 Lincoln Mark VII Shell Pink
John "OldSchool1" Dancy 1986 Lincoln Mark VII Shell Pink
Jerry "2ManyMarks" Monahan 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE Dark Titanium (for sale)
Bob "Big Mo" Moran (mechanic for) 1988 Bill Blass Champagne
Dan "JerseyDan" Moran 1988 Bill Blass Champagne

Pictures?
See:
http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/Gallery/20070915nj

Great to see a car like that and its history. It'll be interesting to see what is in store for the car in the next few years....it obviously will be around!

Great to see a car like that and its history. It'll be interesting to see what is in store for the car in the next few years....it obviously will be around!

Thank you.

The second (private) owner has not been located yet. The third owner, Al Aeggers, will be within 800 miles of PINKIN within NINE days! I truly want my dear friend, Mr Aeggars to see PINKIN again, but the mileage doesn't seem right especially getting this close to rain/snow/sleet weather.

My kingdom for a trailer and a sturdy Mark VII to pull it!

THE SANDY and PINKIN Reunion!
Wow! After selling his one of a kind pink 1986 Lincoln Mark VII in 1991, Sandy block has continued to collect cars. In December of 2006 he learned that PINKIN had been bought by a local (Pennsylvania) collector. Nine months later, on September 15, 2007, Sandy was reunited with his long lost Lincoln. During a regularly scheduled Breakfast Cruise to the Old Country buffet in Edison, NJ, six vehicles and nine participants gathered for another Saturday get together. Later, there was an emotional moment as Sandy remembered his late Father and the reason why he special ordered PINKIN in the first place. It was a gift to fulfill a long time dream. Thank you Sandy. Your Father and the Lincoln community, appreciates your purchase.

In attendance was:
Karen Block 2001 Jeep Silver
Sanford "Sandy" Block 2001 Jeep Silver
Rob "EightLives" Brossman 1989 Lincoln Mark VII LSC Midnight Current Red
Jack "HizHonor" Cohen 1991 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE Ebony Black
Adam "ADD" Dancy 1986 Lincoln Mark VII Shell Pink
John "OldSchool1" Dancy 1986 Lincoln Mark VII Shell Pink
Jerry "2ManyMarks" Monahan 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE Dark Titanium (for sale)
Bob "Big Mo" Moran (mechanic for) 1988 Bill Blass Champagne
Dan "JerseyDan" Moran 1988 Bill Blass Champagne

Pictures?
See:
http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/Gallery/20070915nj
Wow now that original! Ill idea for a paint job.

Sandford "cigar sandy" block

SANDFORD "CIGAR SANDY" BLOCK

The creator of "PINKIN" and the ASCMcLaren Registry.

sandforblock640x480.jpg

Sanford M. Block, 65, of Bloomfield died July 5, 2012. Born in Newark, he lived in Maplewood for 38 years before moving to Bloomfield in 1984.

An avid car collector, Mr. Block spent his working life in the retail automobile business at Livingston Dodge and later at Maplewood Dodge. He also owned the Olympic Motor Car Company in Irvington. He penned an award-winning softcover book dedicated to the Chrysler Imperial automobile. He was a recipient of the Dodge Delta Sales Award for excellence in consumer satisfaction and was a member of Chrysler Corporation’s Professional Sales Association.

He is survived by his wife, Karen, and his son, Matthew of Bloomfield.

Services were held July 8 with arrangements by Menorah Chapels at Millburn, Union. Memorial contributions may be made to the Saint Barnabas Medical Center Foundation.

Members online

No members online now.
Back