pics of new rims

Happy Holiday's To All The Lincoln Nuts............

Who's a Nut? ;)
Thanks, same to ya.

I don't recall seeing those pics before... Looks nice.

I deffinately like a deeper wheel on the Mark VII but I've never been crazy about black or grey centers on almost any car... the black doesn't show up the design and the grey just look like brake dust, dirty all over. :( Or now I guess they have the "gun metal" color... :rolleyes:

Hey, I'm just a bright-wheel kinda guy :wrench

Are you the one thats buddies with Jeff, in plant city, that I bought my white LSC from? Car looks sweet man!

lsc123.gif

LSC146.gif

Mike

gee, guess i shoulda scrolled to the second page! lol! howzit goin? Jeff tell ya about the transport company fiasco?
On another note, anyone doing the FR500'S. The ones that were on this car when i bought it were 18x9's. Tires were too small, previous owner said he made the mistake of lbeing talked into this size tires. Anyways, wheels fit fine up front with SN95 spindles. there was a 3/16" wheel spacer behind each rear wheel. since the sn95 spindles seem to put the wheel a little further out, i reused the spacer on the rear when i put the 17x8 bullitts on it. I REALLY liked the 18" FR500'S but the tires were toast (knew this when i bought it), couldnt find used ones in town ANYWHERE in the sizes i wanted, didnt have the cash for new ones and couldnt see spending $400 on ebay for used tires either. I bought the 17" bullitts with NEW tires on them and sold the FR500's and came out even up. May go with some 17" fr500's come tax return time but we'll see. the bullitts look good, i swapped center caps with the fr500's and all is good. woukld have loved to have beenm able to afford to buy both cars (my white one AND this black one) but couldnt swing it.
Mike

gee, guess i shoulda scrolled to the second page! lol! howzit goin? Jeff tell ya about the transport company fiasco?
On another note, anyone doing the FR500'S. The ones that were on this car when i bought it were 18x9's. Tires were too small, previous owner said he made the mistake of lbeing talked into this size tires. Anyways, wheels fit fine up front with SN95 spindles. there was a 3/16" wheel spacer behind each rear wheel. since the sn95 spindles seem to put the wheel a little further out, i reused the spacer on the rear when i put the 17x8 bullitts on it. I REALLY liked the 18" FR500'S but the tires were toast (knew this when i bought it), couldnt find used ones in town ANYWHERE in the sizes i wanted, didnt have the cash for new ones and couldnt see spending $400 on ebay for used tires either. I bought the 17" bullitts with NEW tires on them and sold the FR500's and came out even up. May go with some 17" fr500's come tax return time but we'll see. the bullitts look good, i swapped center caps with the fr500's and all is good. woukld have loved to have beenm able to afford to buy both cars (my white one AND this black one) but couldnt swing it.
Mike

Yea, I have 17" FR500's. There is no need for spacers on the rear. Bullitt's need them on the front, but for FR500's on stock hubs you need to grind down the hub.

yeah, i think the reason the spacers may have been on the rear was to space the whel out as far as it was on the front.
Mike

MCFORD YES I 'm Donnie. me and Jeff bought these cars on the same day at the same lot we do this all the time . we had mustangs big mark 5's now were on motorcycles any way , that motor you got is my old one out of my ttop mustang that car runs allsome. glad your happy with the car !! car looks good on bullets drop a line from time to time happy t day...........

Hey Guys, I've been away for about a year. Sold my lincoln and after 5 months bought it back(long story)..I missed it and when the day presented itself to get the car back I jumped on it..Since getting it back I primered the topside in satin black, put in an aluminum radiator,threw in a short throw shifter(5 SPEED)and started fixing a bunch of small things.I know I've got alot of other things to do but am happy to have this car back..hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year......:D

The car looks great, glad you got it back. I was gonna get bullitts, but I wasn't sure they would clear the hubs so I got the rodlites instead.

"If you sell and then buy back your car ... yew might be a Mark VII owner" :)

Welcome back.

YES I know, I sold this car for 2500 and after 5 months I bought it back for 700..the guy who bought it drove it in the ground and didn't take care of it,got in trouble with the law, car got impounded and I was able to get car back and drive it home...........I did an oil change,tune up,tighten the exhaust back up and spray some paint on the topside for now(satin black primer) replace left front tire. Now I want to redo all the suspension bushings and convert to springs...The day he first drove it away I stood there with a blank look on my face like I was losing a best friend...I'm glad she found her way back to me...She owes me nothing,made me money,and still came back like the family pet who traveled a thousand miles to get back home

L@.jpg

L!.jpg

Last edited:
Just an update.....been making alot of progress on my VII will take pics and post more later....................

P.S. I've been away too...cause I didn't have any money to spend on her. Since two and half years ago when I first bought her, and found this website, I have driven her everyday, for 35,000 miles, and she's never let me down. Even now she runs so smooth and clean its eerie. Give us a pic after the mods.

So how does it handle with the springs? Out of curiousity, how much was the kit, and does it lower it down?

I got the rear all done now I working on the front..New struts,springs,rack,inner and outer tie rods,bushings,ball joints and new ps pump...as far as handling two of my buddies done there's with springs and they handle great(takes away they floatie feel) the Kit I got out of the junkyard for $35.00 almost brand new Arnott(springs still have the logo painted on them)...I will adjust the height to my likeing by modifying spring..:D

Bye Bye Floaty Feel :-(

rear suspension mods update out with the old and in with the new...
Pictures are too small. I can't read the small printing on the box :)

Nice score! I'm glad you're happy with the modification.

Keep snaping pictures as you work. You'll love having the before and afters side by side.

John "Air-Springs-Forever" Dancy

Pictures are too small. I can't read the small printing on the box :)

Nice score! I'm glad you're happy with the modification.

Keep snaping pictures as you work. You'll love having the before and afters side by side.

John "Air-Springs-Forever" Dancy

Thanks Oldschool1, I'm doing the front end this week going with sn95(94) lower arms, balljoints,,spindles and brakes with new Gabriel Ultra struts

I will post more pics

Also got new rack and ps pump....

New stuff is in...Recap"" sn95 a arms with new balljoints and poly bushings,new sn95 struts Gaberial ultras,sn95 spindles,rotors,calipers,new rack inner and outer tie rods,poly end lincs and stabilizer bar mounts V6 sn 95 springs w/arnott kit...future mod is cobra calipers and 13 in rotors
GEDC1132.jpg

GEDC1136.jpg

GEDC1139.jpg

Members online

Back