PICS. needed of 3.9L intake manifold

pan

LVC Member
Reaction score
The project is a 2000 LS8! I was wondering if anyone on the forum has had or does have pics.of the intake manifold off of a 3.9L V8? Or knows where to find some perferably off of the motor but on the motor would be better than nothing! Any help will be appreiciated.

I've never taken pics of the manifold itself, but i have a few different shots of it in the engine bay while taking other pictures. The unique part of them is the air rails for the air assisted injectors. I may be pulling mine off soon, so let me know if you need something specific. For the time being though, you can pick the manifold out of these pics of my 01

IMG_0805.jpg

DSC03696.jpg

DSC03697.jpg

to the side of the head is the air rail i was talking about
DSC03701.jpg

CIMG1386.jpg

thx for the pics. and reply. I really need pics. of the manifold off the engine so i can see it from top bottom and sides. so i can move them to my machinist cad program. So they help a little but the head shots help alot! So if you do take the manifold off you can PM or reply to this thread again either way thx.

what views / angles you looking for?

As i just said in the reply above i really need top, bottom, and sides of just the intake manifold itself. By the way your car is one of the reasons i'm making the project! I was going to go N2O but changed my mind do to having to custom mod alot and hoping my new project will cut down on some of the machining and or rerouting of alot.

no lol i could do that with ease. trying to machine another intake off of a unspecified car ;) if it will not bolt right up!

As you may know, I'm slowly working over a '99 Jag 4 litre version of the 3.9. The manifold is somewhat different in that the opening to which the throttle body is attached is directly at the rear. I have little doubt that it could be bolted to a 3.9. If you would find pictures of this helpful, I can give you some pictures soon. Press of work means that I only check in here about once a week. Let me know!
KS

here are some pics with a tape for reference - if you are looking for something specific let me know.

we did look at trying to machine a plate to match a 4.6L intake to the 3.9L - too much gap difference..

intake 006.jpg

intake 007.jpg

intake 008.jpg

intake 009.jpg

intake 010.jpg

intake 011.jpg

intake 012.jpg

thx quik those will work bro. if i need anything else i'll holler at you thx again!

Does anyone have pictures/measurements of the Gen2 intake? Id go take mine off but it rained today and tomorrow I gotta move more stuff into storage and work among other things..

The injector bungs are on the aluminum runners correct and from what I saw without taking mine off it seems to be two separate pieces correct?

Members online

Back