Picked up a 96 LSC

1996Mark

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Bought a 96 LSC about a month ago. 165k, still on air, HIDs, almost brand new tires, everything works. Fuel pump went out 2 weeks after I got it, put a Walbro in it, then installed a double DIN touchscreen. Car was nasty on the inside, cigarette butts and ashes and dirt everywhere, burn holes in the carpet and back seat, cleaned the hell out of it, and got a bunch of near perfect interior pieces out of a junkyard to put in it soon. Car looks good in the pics but has small dings and scratches all over it, and a big dent in the door and a nasty deep scratch on the quarter panel. Trying to find a good door in the same color to put on it for now. When I first drove the car It felt a little sluggish on the low end, figured it was because I was used to my 94 with 4:10s, then when changing the message center control out i noticed there was no bulb for the check engine light, put one in and sure as **** the light is on, and the passenger IMRC is stuck open :mad: Other than cosmetics and the IMRC, the only things I've found wrong with the car is that when the EATC is off i still get hot air through the vents, and when the headlights are on the radio gets static, I'm assuming its HID related? Anyway, heres some pics

IMG_20140512_185409.jpg

IMG_20140512_185428.jpg

IMG_20140512_185439.jpg

IMG_20140512_185519.jpg

IMG_20140513_165736.jpg

IMG_20140512_185418.jpg

IMG_20140513_165701.jpg

IMG_20140513_165653.jpg

IMG_20140512_185551.jpg

IMG_20140512_185546.jpg

IMG_20140512_185451.jpg

good rescue! 165k still on air? Wonder if its the stock setup. That would be the longest I've heard of the air ride lasting.

Looks good! Like mentioned you are giving her new clean life. Only thing the IMRC might be a problem, being a one year deal. Keep up the good work.

good rescue! 165k still on air? Wonder if its the stock setup. That would be the longest I've heard of the air ride lasting.
Havent checked the bags to see if they're OEM or not, but the guy I got it from said they people he got it from had replaced the compressor. The compressor ir pretty loud though. Hopefully its just bad rubber mounts and the compressor isnt dying.

Looks good! Like mentioned you are giving her new clean life. Only thing the IMRC might be a problem, being a one year deal. Keep up the good work.
One of the reasons I bought it being a 96 is because I have a complete 96 parts car with good IMRC's and a good VCRM, also grabbed 2 '96 VCRMs at the junkyard
so the one year only parts shouldnt be an issue for me
I have that exact same radio...I love it.
I love it too, great head unit for the price. Looks much better in the car than the factory stereo too

Havent checked the bags to see if they're OEM or not, but the guy I got it from said they people he got it from had replaced the compressor. The compressor ir pretty loud though. Hopefully its just bad rubber mounts and the compressor isnt dying.

One of the reasons I bought it being a 96 is because I have a complete 96 parts car with good IMRC's and a good VCRM, also grabbed 2 '96 VCRMs at the junkyard
so the one year only parts shouldnt be an issue for me

I love it too, great head unit for the price. Looks much better in the car than the factory stereo too
Then you should be good to go. Some people can never find 96 stuff!

the PCM is also one year only....I have two 96's, the ABS coil block just took a crap and died on my white car. IDK if that's a one year only, but my spare from a 94 or 5 doesn't seem to match
-----
hot air through the vents with system OFF may be a vac leak causing the system to stay in fail-safe mode (defrost only and always)
---
fwiw my brown car had all orig air ride up until I hit about 166k, and even then it wasn't leaking down 'that' bad...about a half inch each night
-----
the P1537 stayed with me for a long time, the bank one pod seems to go out more than bank 2, hopefully your spare is good. When you swap that you may want to do the TPS and IAC at the same time. It's a bear to get to, you may have to lightly raise the trans tail to make more run along the fire wall
------
your rear window looks surprisingly good re; black lasagne, is it?

Even for the problems that are there that is still a nice find for sure. And with already having a parts car to help you out you are in good shape there to.

My air ride in my 93 finally went out at 164,000 I believe. I knew I already had a problem with it so I just drove the car until the front just dropped. I got lucky on finding my 96 BoB LSC in the same week.

the PCM is also one year only....I have two 96's, the ABS coil block just took a crap and died on my white car. IDK if that's a one year only, but my spare from a 94 or 5 doesn't seem to match
-----
hot air through the vents with system OFF may be a vac leak causing the system to stay in fail-safe mode (defrost only and always)
---
fwiw my brown car had all orig air ride up until I hit about 166k, and even then it wasn't leaking down 'that' bad...about a half inch each night
-----
the P1537 stayed with me for a long time, the bank one pod seems to go out more than bank 2, hopefully your spare is good. When you swap that you may want to do the TPS and IAC at the same time. It's a bear to get to, you may have to lightly raise the trans tail to make more run along the fire wall
------
your rear window looks surprisingly good re; black lasagne, is it?

I've got a PCM in my parts car and another from the junkyard. Are there any other one year only parts I need to know about? I like to have backups for my backups lol...I had already planned on doing the IAC when I do the IMRC, didnt think about the TPS though, anything else to do while I'm in there? And the rear window seal is perfect, no lasagna for now, hopefully it stays that way

Even for the problems that are there that is still a nice find for sure. And with already having a parts car to help you out you are in good shape there to.

My air ride in my 93 finally went out at 164,000 I believe. I knew I already had a problem with it so I just drove the car until the front just dropped. I got lucky on finding my 96 BoB LSC in the same week.

I saw your thread about your car. I'm jealous, always wanted a BoB LSC, could never find one though. I'm happy with the light graphite interior in mine though, looks much better than the saddle in my 94 :yuck:

What is this radio? What name and number. I have a 96 and I want to install a unit like yours.

Could you imagine that car with a black interior, beautiful car think the first Mark 8 I fell in love with was just like that one, then saw a black on black. Got lucky and it was a LSC did know the difference when I was looking.

You could sell the grill and (if they're original) HID bulbs and make like a grand these days.

GREAT looking car. Can't wait to see the progress you make on it. Everyone know 96 LSC's are pretty much the best car ever made.

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVHX1600DVD-Mixtrax-Touchscreen-6-1-Inch/dp/B00GN5K88U

That was the stereo. Cant beat it for the money. Once the trim is out and the old radio is out do a little trimming to the top of the opening with a dremel and it slides right in.

For those wondering about what I was doing with the car, I had planned on fixing all the little things wrong with it and keeping it as my daily driver. I put all those nice interior pieces i got from the junkyard in it, had the interior looking real nice. I never could find an opal opalescent door for it within 300 miles, and the ones on ebay were outrageously priced with even more outrageous shipping, so I was never able to fix the eye sore on the door and on down the quarter panel. Other than the dent/ scratch from the door down the side of the car, she was pretty and always ran great. Unfortunately the car was totaled monday morning. Ill be posting pics in the wrecked marks thread, and ill be parting out whats left of it, so keep an eye on the parts section if you're needing something

You could sell the grill and (if they're original) HID bulbs and make like a grand these days.

Not really, the grill goes for 100-200 and the bulbs 75-100ea.

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVHX1600DVD-Mixtrax-Touchscreen-6-1-Inch/dp/B00GN5K88U

That was the stereo. Cant beat it for the money. Once the trim is out and the old radio is out do a little trimming to the top of the opening with a dremel and it slides right in.

For those wondering about what I was doing with the car, I had planned on fixing all the little things wrong with it and keeping it as my daily driver. I put all those nice interior pieces i got from the junkyard in it, had the interior looking real nice. I never could find an opal opalescent door for it within 300 miles, and the ones on ebay were outrageously priced with even more outrageous shipping, so I was never able to fix the eye sore on the door and on down the quarter panel. Other than the dent/ scratch from the door down the side of the car, she was pretty and always ran great. Unfortunately the car was totaled monday morning. Ill be posting pics in the wrecked marks thread, and ill be parting out whats left of it, so keep an eye on the parts section if you're needing something

So sorry to hear that. :(

Members online

No members online now.
Back