Pic Request; Gen two aftermarket exhaust tips

My exhaust sounds a little louder than stock, and I like it that way. It's a Lincoln not a mustang so I don't want it to sound like one. My car is in the body shop and I should be getting it back on Monday, so I'll get some sound clips and post them up.

Can't wait! I am on that Auto Barn site now ordering those tips.

I do agree with you about obnoxious exhaust on these cars. I prefer the mellower, refined sound without any of the crackling.

Here's the vid. This is the first time i heard the exhaust for outside of the car. Its louder than I thought. sitting in the car with the windows and sunroof open, it sounds stuck. In the video, it was rev'd to 3k

th_DSCN0075.jpg

So it sounds like factory exhaust from in the car?

I was expecting a louder tone but I'm pleasantly surprised. It does not sound
obnoxious at all. It compliments the brand very well, it has a mellow growl when you stood on the gas but quiet enough when idling.

Congratulations, Good Job. I like it!

-Ren

Not bad at all. A little tamer than what I am aiming for but it sounds like that's just the way you like it.

On a side note, UPS delivered my Ractive tips but they are in the main office of my apts because I wasn't home. Can't wait to get them tomorrow :)

Is your piping mandrel bent?

Thanks guys for the compliments. I used the 2.5inch mandrel bent exhaust kit, cherry bomb x pipe (I don't recommend) and cherry bomb turbo mufflers. I've always liked cherry bomb mufflers and used them on my other cars. Best of all, they're only 30 bucks

Members online

Back