Personal opinions on the Zephyr

Personally, I think it is a huge step backward in style and performance from the LS. I would have never considered a Lincoln, until I researched the LS and, based on all the Zephyr information I've gathered, I wouldn't consider one.

bill5 said:
I would have never considered a Lincoln, until I researched the LS and, based on all the Zephyr information I've gathered, I wouldn't consider one.

ditto

illycut said:
I was just wanting to get some opinions for lincoln buyers on the car.
I think it is a pretty good looking car, and for lincoln it is quite impressive.
Other than the fact its FWD and its "underpowered" for a luxuary sedan, what are your likes and dislikes of the vehicle. I know if i do one i would supercharge it get the power back, and then it should be nice

Just looked at one at OC welch Ford, first impression on the Lincoln is that it looks real sporty from the outside. The car was black with a tan interior. I just can,t believe they put a Durtec engine with FWD. The gentleman from Lincoln was showing it to all of the salesman stated it has 220hp. I still think it needs to be RWD and more power. The inside feels roomier than my LS definetly had a sporty look and feel on the inside. I am just let down about the FWD and the V6. The jury is out on weather I would leave my LS for one.Not now anyways.

car looks like it will compete good with the toyota avalon as for as options and looks

Test Drive

I test drove the Zephyr last weekend. Drives well, reminds me of an Acura TL due to the front wheel drive feel. Not as sporty looking, but that’s OK. The six speed automatic transmission was nice. It’s hard to get people to accept a near luxury car with front wheel drive even if it is great in northern areas where it snows.

I also think that it needs AWD and the upcoming 3.5 Liter V6 and a Hybrid version. I am sure Lincoln needed to get a new car out there in the market quickly because they have neglected their cars for so long. With the rising gas prices the 3 liter will need to stay in the lineup as an option because I believe a gallon of gas will hit $4 in a couple of years. But once the 3.5 liter hits they need to take the price down a bit for the 3.0 liter. For a little more money you can get a G35 with 280hp.

I hope that coming out with the Zephyr without AWD and the more powerful V6 won’t turn off buyers when these features come out.

Newbie here ringing in. I've been a Lincoln fan for some time now, had a Mark VII I totaled. Currently own a 99 F150, and a 65 Fastback Stang. I like the look of the new Zephyr as I think newer Lincolns are gorgeous just lacking in performance. I think Cadillacs have good platforms and drivelines now, but are ugly as all hell. Someone told their designers to be edgy and they took it literally. I think with the bigger engine and AWD this could be a good Acura fighter. However a FWD based entry level luxury car should be it, nothing else especially costing $35,000+ should be FWD based period! Unfortunetly (and I don't understand it) car based FWD SUVs sell so I can understand the next Aviator. My opinion is I think the Zephyr is a step in the right direction, if marketed properly. It should be marketed as an Acura fighter and by no means pitted against CTSs, and 300s.

I couldn't stand LS's.....but after seeing a few sweet ones in LVC and hearing how they ride and drive, they have me changing me mind....expect in 4-5 years the Z will do the same to me.....after all, it's a Lincoln ;)

MsM8

Members online

No members online now.
Back