performance chips

deeboi07

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to the forum so sry if this thread is a copy cat but I've had my 04 ls for a little over a yr now and I'm ready to spice things up a little I've ordered my k&n cold air intake and have been interested In the performance chips but wanted to see if any one can offer a little feed back on if they really work and if so wat brands are legit...thanx for ur help in advance. ..

No, all chips for the LS (and for many other cars as well) are a scam. If you want to alter the engine control, you'll need a "tuner" tool that can alter some of the parameters in the FLASH inside the PCM. Search this site for SCT.

Hey guys I'm new to the forum so sry if this thread is a copy cat but I've had my 04 ls for a little over a yr now and I'm ready to spice things up a little I've ordered my k&n cold air intake and have been interested In the performance chips but wanted to see if any one can offer a little feed back on if they really work and if so wat brands are legit...thanx for ur help in advance. ..
I'm assuming that you are talking about the ones you find on ebay. They are a aste of money. They don't do anything but trick the computer into thinking its receiving super cold air. You won't see any increase in power or gas mileage.

I'm assuming that you are talking about the ones you find on ebay. They are a aste of money. They don't do anything but trick the computer into thinking its receiving super cold air. You won't see any increase in power or gas mileage.

The only gain will be CEL(check engine light) in a very short time.

I only looked at the first one on that page. But I saw that it modifies the oxygen senor which means it is modifying the voltage and signal inputs. Buy this and aside from the zero gain in performance, you'll cause your ECU to go crazy. (See GCWimmers post). If you're willing to drop this much on a chip I'd suggest a new exhaust for increased performance and sound, or spend a little more and get a Tuner (SCT) with torrie tunes. Don't fall victim to this crap and its false claims.

Idk guys this graph looks pretty convincing. d_boost_dyno.gif

d_boost_dyno.gif

Joke right? ... careful, I'm super gullible, I believe almost anything.

Careful, BMW is making a serious go at electric forced induction.

It's a pretty far off resemblance to these haha. Their setup is just a conventional turbo that is spooled up using electricity to prevent lag. It still operates like a regular turbo.

Heh heh, I know. I like BMW's concept because it allows supercharger performance from a turbo, ie instant on. It's a far cry from the hair dryer.

Want REAL power????

Wire transfer me a deposit of $400. Once received, i will visit your house make top end modifications to your engine that will give you a HP gain of........ you ready....... here it comes......... 0!!!!!!!!

Members online

Back