Pektel Fbird18 Pics

I have been using Zaino since I had my conotur in '02 (sooo many steps). I like the fact that it's easy to use by hand. I've had success with 3m products but i found they need to be worked more. EDIT: i bought P21S Paste Wax from a local bike shop once too. Was nice and i was younger.

I want to step up to a DA polisher, porter udm or similar. As far as depth i am just refering to colour as opposed to reflection. Guess that just depends on the product. Looks 10x better than mine right now - good work.

Any review on Klasse All-In-One? half off right now.

BTW, i have the SPORT bumper you can have free if you want.

I have been using Zaino since I had my conotur in '02 (sooo many steps). I like the fact that it's easy to use by hand. I've had success with 3m products but i found they need to be worked more. EDIT: i bought P21S Paste Wax from a local bike shop once too. Was nice and i was younger.

I want to step up to a DA polisher, porter udm or similar. As far as depth i am just refering to colour as opposed to reflection. Guess that just depends on the product. Looks 10x better than mine right now - good work.

Klasse AIO is one of the best AIO's out there, definitely buy it. Porter Cable is coming out with a more powerful version of the 7424 soon. If you wanna do correction and only wanna buy the PC or UDM (check out the flex too), you wanna use the Kevin Brown method with Meguiar's 105. Zaino is good though, but it's all in the preparation.

Nice Cars You guys Got There..
So Pete What do you say if i invite You To San Jose? lol

^ WTF! Anyways Fbird I'd get a LSE bumper since you have to replace yours, might as well upgrade.

It's kinda confusing to tell, but I'll try. The building I was at was doing water testing and had fire hoses hooked up to the building and asked if I would move my car so as not to get all wet. I go to back out of my spot and, riiiip, the bumper rips halfway off my car. Turns out they had set their "monsters" (their term, not mine, its a T shaped water diverter on the end of the hoses) only a few feet from my car on the passenger side. I didn't know they were there, backed up and turned, and one of them caught my bumper. So, it's tough to say who is at fault. Their equipment was too close (supposed to be minimum of 6ft away) and their truck was right behind me forcing my to turn my wheels sooner than I probably would have otherwise.

As far as bumper upgrading goes, If I get a gen 2 LSE, isn't there a gap at the headlights then? Also, don't all the other bumpers besides the one I had on there, not line up with the rest of the lower rocker panels at the doors? I don't know what I'm gonna do, gotta wait to see where the money is coming from and how much I get.......this sucks

And re-pete, I'd appreciate you not doin your "thang" all over my own threads. Unless you have a point, Thank you. Thanks for the heads up on the bumpers though.

Nice Cars You guys Got There..
So Pete What do you say if i invite You To San Jose? lol

I haven't been to cali in like 10 years... maybe it's time for a trip :D

I still haven't bought KAIO. NO idea why, as I've always wanted it. Half off at Autogeek?

In addition to exteriors, KAIO i've heard works well on interior painted plastics, or the fake wood interior pieces.

As Kyle said, Zaino is good stuff, but you need the proper prep to make it really pop. But it sounds like you're headed the right direction by purchasing a machine polisher.

Which Zaino products were you using? Z-2 with ZFX?

It's kinda confusing to tell, but I'll try. The building I was at was doing water testing and had fire hoses hooked up to the building and asked if I would move my car so as not to get all wet. I go to back out of my spot and, riiiip, the bumper rips halfway off my car. Turns out they had set their "monsters" (their term, not mine, its a T shaped water diverter on the end of the hoses) only a few feet from my car on the passenger side. I didn't know they were there, backed up and turned, and one of them caught my bumper. So, it's tough to say who is at fault. Their equipment was too close (supposed to be minimum of 6ft away) and their truck was right behind me forcing my to turn my wheels sooner than I probably would have otherwise.

As far as bumper upgrading goes, If I get a gen 2 LSE, isn't there a gap at the headlights then? Also, don't all the other bumpers besides the one I had on there, not line up with the rest of the lower rocker panels at the doors? I don't know what I'm gonna do, gotta wait to see where the money is coming from and how much I get.......this sucks

And re-pete, I'd appreciate you not doin your "thang" all over my own threads. Unless you have a point, Thank you. Thanks for the heads up on the bumpers though.

Don't back down....they put the $hit too close to your car.
Go get a estimate form lamettrys

Get the cash and fix it yourself.

sport and LSE pumpers from your gen should line up right.... a 2nd gen will leave a small gap by the head lights

Sorry to see that Damage. Ouch, I would have been out raged. Other morning Nic on Central and Able, I saw a car accident, Car rolled 2 times and stopped 12 feet from me. Ouch huh. I was only witness. Now I may be in a drawn out court case. But oh well, I saw what i saw

pektel what drop do you have on your LS?

Springtech Springs (Canuck Motorsports)

They don't like bigger people in the back. going to roll my fenders as soon as I'm done wet-sanding.

Damn Paul, that is quite the accident. Hopefully everyone was alright.

As far as the gen 2 lse bumper goes, did they ever produce them with the chrome bumper strips? I've searched and haven't found much on that. Also, those bumpers don't line up too well with the gen 1 factory rockers do they? Anyone with pics would be greatly appreciated

I still have yet to speak to the company since yesterday. But their claim that the equipment was 6 ft away is bogus. I did a little test this afternoon, and that should put me in the clear and the blame on them. There is no way they were 6ft away. Hopefully they will just give me the money that an estimate shows.

01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Discount was at eshine.ca Zaino was Z5,Z2Pro (with ZFX additive) Z7. I never used the car was or leather cleaner. For that i just used mcguiers/3M.Cheapest i found for the Porter Cable 7424

fbird, I have pics in my gallery of a gen 2 LSE bumper on a gen 1. I had my factory rockers painted to match. I do have a gap of about 1 to 1-1/2 inches on the drivers side under the headlight. The body shop offered to fix the gap by adding plastic, but it doesn't bother me that much.

looking good fellaz. Pete, you seriously have one of the cleanest (literally not slang) LS's on the forum. that blue is a very nice blue as well

Members online

Back