PCM wiring diagram

R

raylisiak

Does anyone have a picture or pin read out of what each wire is for to the PCM? I am having check engine lights and I think its due to the computer not getting a signal from one of my sensors. You can send it to me privately if you wish. Thanks.

Tha is a tall order. You shold have the pcm read to find the sensor. It is much more realistic to expect that someone could give you a diagram of the affected sensor and wiring.

not that simple.

the many functions of the car are divided across several system modules - computers for the front, rear, brakes, ...etc. All these systems communicate with the PCM over a 'bus' - so many sensors do not directly wire to the PCM itself.

the best way to diagnose a 'check engine' light - it to pull the code using a ODBII tool (AutoZone will do it for free).

Do a google search. You should find a pin out diagram that shows what each individual pin is for. But that is worthless information for what you are looking for. There is absolutely nothing you can do with that information because you can't take any readings of any sort without using a proper break out box. A break out box is a fantastic tool if you are skilled in the use of digital meters and O scopes. But in this day and age of automotive diagnostics, you can probably find everything you need with a good scan tool. Not only can you pull codes, but you should be able to access the offending system and take your readings right from the scan tool.

There is a thread here about an IAC motor that was constantly running. It looks like it was the PCM, but if it had been a wiring short, then knowing the proper pin for the ground to the PCM was helpful in that it would allow him to just cut out the ground wire from the IAC to the PCM and replace it with a new wire.

Members online

Back