PCM Reflash did not fix my problem

pal_bonds

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
Just like many LS owners, I often get the hesitation/jumping/stalling problem when putting the pedal to the floor. Most often, this happens when going uphill but sometimes it happens while accelerating over 40mph.

Well, I got the pcm reflashed and it did not fix the problem. One thing I noticed from the reflash is that my gear shifting timing has changed.

What else should I look at to fix my problem.

PS- If there are any good mechanics in SD, please respond...

:dj:

I wonder if disconnecting the battery for 10 mins. or so would allow the engine and transmission to re-learn or reset a few things, so it could adjust to the new flash. Just a thought.

My hesitation was due to leaky valve cover gaskets, which blew the coils. There just wasnt enough power to put the car into 5th gear. Check for a burning oil smell and shaking at idle.

how much did it cost to get all that done. Unfortunately, my warranty has expired and I'm reaching 70 000 miles.

I'm unsure of the price, my parents payed for it while I was out of town. The parts themselves are about $50 (valve cover gaskets and spark plug gaskets), and the install isn't too complicated, so you could do it yourself. My dad just wanted it done professionally, not sure why. There is another post, pics for DIY guys, i think. It shows the valve covers in various stages, and tells you how to pull off the cover itself.

I aslo had all the coils replaced plus another leak on the a/c unit, so the cost was buried somewhere in the invoice.

Is that thread still here with the pictures of the DIY valve cover job? I need to do the ones on my '00... I'm not afraid of it, but it would be nice to know what holidays I need to cancle to get all the crap out of the way of the covers!

Kleetus

'00 LS V8 Sport

kleetus said:
Is that thread still here with the pictures of the DIY valve cover job?

I am working on a complete page for both sides. I now have pictures of the driver's side as well. I will try to get that up in the next week or so.

This will help, seeing as how I will probably start on it this week sometime!

Kleetus

'00 LS V8 Sport

Members online

No members online now.
Back