Pcm problem

1BiggHunn

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Will a pcm from an exact model and year be a plug and play? For instance.....if I remove my pcm of f7lf-12a650-dd code; blx3 and replace it with the same pcm, will it work without reprogramming the original key, and not mess with the pats system? If it does work, do I also need to program or flash it to my vin #, if so, how would I flash my vin to this pcm?

Pcm is plug and play. No programming or reprogramming necessary. Any 97 or 98 Mark VIII pcm will work, regardless of 4 digit code on it.

In the 97/98 PATS is in the SCIL and not the PCM like it is for cars like the Crown Vic/Grand Marquis so like is mentioned already, a PCM swap isn't affected by PATS. Also it isn't VIN married so you won't have any issues with emissions testing.

In the 97/98 PATS is in the SCIL and not the PCM like it is for cars like the Crown Vic/Grand Marquis so like is mentioned already, a PCM swap isn't affected by PATS. Also it isn't VIN married so you won't have any issues with emissions testing.

Pardon my ignorance, what does PATS and SCIL stand for? Learning acronyms! Thanks!

SCIL - Steering Column Ignition Lighting
PATS - passive anti-theft system

Thank you for your responses guys!!!! :gr_hail: I have a pcm ready and it is a f7lf-12a650-bd ... rkk3 code.... so it should work out then? ......AND... it should work on the LSC right? Sorry to sound like a complete idiot about my car or like i don't know about electrical or what my car is got in it, but this is my first Mark VIII and I just want the best for it! I'll be posting a pic of her soon!!!

So what is the difference between the -bd and the -dd? I have code BLX3 and wanted to swap it with the RKK3. Will I have any problems?

Members online

Back