Pasti dip on interior wood trim

I have been living in Miami since 1995 when I came from Cuba and am like 10 mins away from South Beach btw I work in south beach so I go there 5 times a week sometimes more than that.... Fountainbleau is one of the best Hotels on south beach is really famous down here :cool: If u ever come down to Miami again bring the LS so we could meet up :D

I have replaced the LS recently, so she is no more.

Don't know when, but i am planning on visiting again. I haven't gone to any NY beaches since i got back. And i don't think i will after being in Miami water. Fountainbleau is the spot.....LIV on Sundays, Kings of Dimonds on Mondays. ;)

Miss waking up to this every morning....

8073943042_d9162f7c27_b.png

Don't mean to take away from the thread.

That looks great! I'v been thinking about doing that as well, my car has too much wood and I'm not a fan of it. I'm not too far from you, in Palm Beach. I might make this my project today when I get off work! :)

I'd say you got the look you wanted. Don't know about the wear factor. Making YOUR ride the way YOU like it is more important than pleasing the masses! Custom work can look really nice, yours does!

You re right about it I got the look I wanted I just want my LS to be a more looking sport sedan :) Thanks...

That looks great! I'v been thinking about doing that as well, my car has too much wood and I'm not a fan of it. I'm not too far from you, in Palm Beach. I might make this my project today when I get off work! :)

Do it men just go to home depot and buy plasti dip is cheap and easy to handle :cool: We should meet one day

I have replaced the LS recently, so she is no more.

Don't know when, but i am planning on visiting again. I haven't gone to any NY beaches since i got back. And i don't think i will after being in Miami water. Fountainbleau is the spot.....LIV on Sundays, Kings of Dimonds on Mondays. ;)

Miss waking up to this every morning....

8073943042_d9162f7c27_b.png

Don't mean to take away from the thread.

That's a nice picture :cool: so what happen to the LS ? You bought yourself an XF :rolleyes:

Do it men just go to home depot and buy plasti dip is cheap and easy to handle :cool: We should meet one day

Thanks! I think I'm going to do it, my LS just has A LOT of wood grain so it's going to take some serious concentration, lol! I'll probably end up doing it in the Winter when it's a little colder and I won't be dripping sweat, lol! And definitely!

Looks good and all but pardon me, isn't this a bit of a problem with people rubbing them selves or hand bags or clothing on it and then it begins to tear easily.

don't mean no disrespect, I like the look and it turned out great looking.
just I saw in a plasti-dip video how easily one can begin to remove it by
starting with a nick from a finger nail or just simply rubbing an edge.

I have no personal experience with the plasti-dip but looked into it some time ago.

Not concerned with it more easily getting scratched and then having a repair process following ?

Looks good and all but pardon me, isn't this a bit of a problem with people rubbing them selves or hand bags or clothing on it and then it begins to tear easily.

don't mean no disrespect, I like the look and it turned out great looking.
just I saw in a plasti-dip video how easily one can begin to remove it by
starting with a nick from a finger nail or just simply rubbing an edge.

I have no personal experience with the plasti-dip but looked into it some time ago.

Not concerned with it more easily getting scratched and then having a repair process following ?

I think you're right. It won't last....I wonder if a glossify coat would make it more durable

I think you are on the right track though, I really like the look of it and could see myself do something like that but instead maybe more like remove all panels and prep then correctly and use paint or I have seen on here someone that did it using vinyl wrap.

Oh yeah, it was M4rk that did that, Ok well I don't like it any more then.

~ just kidding, I like the look instead of the fake wood.

The vinyl wrap will only result in the texture that I achieved on sport Gen II interiors due to the texture of the plastic.

I never did the doors because I couldn't do the cut well enough for my liking. It had to be perfect or nothing, and my hands aren't steady enough for that. As far as the dashboard pieces go, I ripped that off too because the vinyl lifted in some spots because the curves were too much for the stretched glue. You need 3M's vinyl primer to ensure proper adhesion.

Since I live in an underdeveloped small town (in Canada), I can't just go down the road and buy some vinyl and 3M primer, so I gave it up.

Oh and don't clear coat over Plasti-Dip - It took me 3 days to peel one wheel.. not a fun time. Glossifier also makes the surface somewhat rough and sticky feeling, not sure why. That's how my wheels turned out anyway.

Members online

No members online now.
Back