Pasti dip on interior wood trim

305leoLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So guys I decided to try plasti dip on my interior :rolleyes: since I don't like the wood trim that much :yuck: so here are the pics before and after ... next step is to do chrome trim on the doors and maybe the grille :D

009.jpg

021.jpg

065.jpg

062.jpg

066.jpg

Dip on the interior, Beat me to it! Good job.

I was actually going to dip the other interior pieces tho, not the woodgrain. Almost like a do it yourself black interior.

What are your thoughts on how the dip would look on the interior, from this experience?

i been wanting to try this. did you take the pieces off or sprayed in the car? it seems like a pain in the butt to cover everything.

i been wanting to try this. did you take the pieces off or sprayed in the car? it seems like a pain in the butt to cover everything.

I took off the pieces from the dashboard but not from the doors had to cover them here are the pics

057.jpg

056.jpg

Dip on the interior, Beat me to it! Good job.

I was actually going to dip the other interior pieces tho, not the woodgrain. Almost like a do it yourself black interior.

What are your thoughts on how the dip would look on the interior, from this experience?

On my LS looks perfect since I have black interior it blends really good and I love it :D

Nice work!

Since you are down in Miami I wonder how the plastidip will hold up in the extreme heat ?

If it holds power pressure cleaner it should hold the heat LOL...

This is true...I read on here somewhere that overtime it does leave a black residue if you rub up against it or what not, also you should try the glossifier on there, just a suggestion might look cool.

This is true...I read on here somewhere that overtime it does leave a black residue if you rub up against it or what not, also you should try the glossifier on there, just a suggestion might look cool.

I like it how it looks now is like matte black so I don't think I be using the glossifier :) Thanks anyways for the suggestion bro

i think that you have to use the gloss it will give here better look likke the new interior of the bmw's.will do it next summer!:D

That looks really good!

I'm thinking a little more contrast wouldalso look good with the black interior, like a dark gray or gunmetal cool.

i think that you have to use the gloss it will give here better look likke the new interior of the bmw's.will do it next summer!:D

I like it how it is but thanks for the advice :)

I will be truthful and say i like the wood better.

Where are you Miami?

To me wood makes it look old is just my opinion I trying to make it more sport no wood no chrome at all :yuck: next step is the chrome trims in the doors :D... I live in Coral Gables!

To me wood makes it look old is just my opinion I trying to make it more sport no wood no chrome at all :yuck: next step is the chrome trims in the doors :D... I live in Coral Gables!

So, you are only 5-6 miles away from South Beach. I was there about a year ago. Didn't go downtown at all, but my goodness, what a beautiful place. Stayed at FountainBleau.

How is it feel to live in hopping place like Miami? You get numb to it after a while?

So, you are only 5-6 miles away from South Beach. I was there about a year ago. Didn't go downtown at all, but my goodness, what a beautiful place. Stayed at FountainBleau.

How is it feel to live in hopping place like Miami? You get numb to it after a while?

I have been living in Miami since 1995 when I came from Cuba and am like 10 mins away from South Beach btw I work in south beach so I go there 5 times a week sometimes more than that.... Fountainbleau is one of the best Hotels on south beach is really famous down here :cool: If u ever come down to Miami again bring the LS so we could meet up :D

I'd say you got the look you wanted. Don't know about the wear factor. Making YOUR ride the way YOU like it is more important than pleasing the masses! Custom work can look really nice, yours does!

I'd like to see someone go for the high gloss black look with a PD base

Members online

No members online now.
Back