passnager valve cover gasket

deadmark8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
so ive combed over the forums as much as my eyes will take and cant seem to find my answer so ill just ask it.

How do u change the passenger valve cover gasket? it seems to me ud have to either move the entire engine to the right, as u look at it, or remove the engine mount and slowly lower the engine with a jack then pull the valve cover off.

the reason i need it changed is some how the gasket got pinched when we put the engine in the car.

Thank you all

Steven

Remove the passenger side motor mount bolt (13mm I think), and jack the right side of the engine up a few inches. That should get the valve cover clear of the shock tower.

Be sure to put something between the jack and the oil pan (perhaps a piece of wood,) to avoid punching a hole in the pan when you lift the engine.

Yeah that's how we had to do it... it doesn't have to go very far but it needs to move a little... it took me and a couple friends about 3 hours to get it back in... and accidently chewed up the gasket in the process... wasn't too happy...

i changed the gaskets on both of my covers in my 98 without touching the motor mount bolts at all. i had mine off because i powder coated them. the passenger side is the easy one, its the driverside one thats enough to make a man kill himself over!!

Yeah I did both mine with the motor in place too. Drivers side is worse than the passenger but will come out with some patience.

Members online

No members online now.
Back