Part out or sell as is?

codycobra98

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My 95 mark has a hurt motor...

Im assuming it blew a headgasket and overheated.

I parked it filled it back up with antifreeze, let it cool completely, and started it back up a couple days later. It fired right up but it sounded like there were some metal pieces fumbling around in the motor so I turned it right back off. The sound kinda freaked me out. Ive had one of these mod motors go out on me before in a cobra so Im positive its toast.

That all happened about a week ago. My car is parked in the parking garage at my apartments so Im limited to what I part out on it.

The question is...should I part it out, or just sell it?

Thanks

I'd sell it givin' the circumstances. 1k obo..Take the first 500+ deal that's offered.

I'd sell it givin' the circumstances.

How much do you think some one would give for it locally? I have pics up here and there on the site.

Everything else is good on the car 143K miles

Rear bags have a slow leak since I sensor lowered it, shocks are shot, headlights and blinker lenses need to be replaced.

Dings and scratches here and there on the body.

Screw that. Put a motor in it and enjoy it. My mark had 7k in damage from a deer hit and completely wore out and destroyed suspension.... I brought it back from the dead. Not to mention i killed the trans when i first got it. Anyone can do it. Beats selling or scrapping

Screw that. Put a motor in it and enjoy it. My mark had 7k in damage from a deer hit and completely wore out and destroyed suspension.... I brought it back from the dead. Not to mention i killed the trans when i first got it. Anyone can do it. Beats selling or scrapping

Do a motor swap in a parking garage?
If he takes it somewhere the cost will be as much if not more then the cars worth.

Even if I had the place to do it, it just wouldnt be worth my time.

Do a motor swap in a parking garage?
If he takes it somewhere the cost will be as much if not more then the cars worth.

Exactly! The complete rebuild on my 98 cobra was $6k (it had a few goodies, mind you) but yeah

sounds like selling it is the better option then

IMG_2595.jpg

IMG_2593.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg

0428111834b.jpg

Its hard enough selling a running MarkVIII, no one cares for them aside form 38 members on this site. Selling one with a bad motor might take some time, years, decades...
I say put a used motor in it and drive it.

if you end up selling it let us know. it looks to be in great condition. im over in FL and my dad is looking for a project.

Its hard enough selling a running MarkVIII, no one cares for them aside form 38 members on this site. Selling one with a bad motor might take some time, years, decades...
I say put a used motor in it and drive it.

You make a good point, but its worth atleast $400 at the scrap yard. Although a motor swap project sounds fun, I just do not have the place to do it or the time. If the remainder of the car were 100% solid I would consider finding a way to do it...but Im not gonna waste my time at this point.

It will just continue sitting the the parking garage until Im asked to move it or until it sells. If Im forced to move it Ill just have it taken to the scrap yard and maybe pull a few sellable item off of it.

Same color as mine. I noticed in some of your pictures that the door and rear quarter panel look like there different colors. Mine does this in pictures sometime even thought the car is all original and one color ??? I wouldnt mind having it for parts. Just not worth shipping that far.

Members online

Back