painting interior door panels

67Continental

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
The black part of my door panel, along the top, is pretty scratched. Is there a way to sand it down and paint it with a paint that would give it the same look / feel as stock?

it doesn't have to be 100 percent like stock - I mean, my driver's side is pretty far from stock right now, if your know what I am saying. So pretty much anything decent would be an improvement.

67Continental said:
it doesn't have to be 100 percent like stock - I mean, my driver's side is pretty far from stock right now, if your know what I am saying. So pretty much anything decent would be an improvement.

yes sand it down there is a small sticker over the actual plastic part i did mine with 220 then pick up a paint called krylon fusion and do small even coats until desired coat. i did all my black interior peices including the dash wiht the krylon and vinyl paint for the dash. all my interior parts look like the exterior of the car i also went a step further and cleared the parts after

gutnew1.jpg

I believe ford offers vinyl paint for your interior color code if you check.

I think it's also rubbery after it dries, such as the factory material used on your door panels.

I used spray on paint stripper in very SMALL amounts until that rubber was gone. I then sanded it with some 1000 and sprayed bulldog adhiesion promoter then paint and clear.

b4nafterinterior.jpg

ONEBADMK8 said:
I used spray on paint stripper in very SMALL amounts until that rubber was gone. I then sanded it with some 1000 and sprayed bulldog adhiesion promoter then paint and clear.

b4nafterinterior.jpg

Whats with those ricer (go fast) pedals?

SEM makes interior paint that you can match exactly to your stock color. The just use trim black for the long black piece on top.

turborich said:
Whats with those ricer (go fast) pedals?

Here we go.

Just because they are aluminum they are RICE!! You like what you like and I like a look that I like. Actually Ferrari porsche and Lambo's had these since the 80's LONG before any "rice" did. There extremely grippy and thick, they feel good at the foot and look better then plain black boring rubber.

LMAO!

Members online

Back