Painted some interior pieces...Let me know what you think!!!

mystro9876

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Still debating whether or not to keep the wood grain pieces or to paint those black as well. At first I thought the two would compliment each other very well, but now I'm not so sure. Please be honest!!! (PS I painted the bezel for the nav because I plan on getting the new AVIC soon, that's why I left the radio with that fake wood grain)

DSCF0800[1].jpg

DSCF0801[1].jpg

DSCF0802[1].jpg

Its your car do what you want, I think it looks like ass, to many colors in there.

like the idea vbery much but i think you went to much on the gloss paint. you should of just paint the wood not the whole arme rest and vents doesnt look right just my 2 cents

my car used to look like that (woodgrain) best thing i ever did was paint it black! i dont miss that crap at all. i changed my shift knob out and all. Im thinking about redoing it matte black though, the gloss black is a rattle can job and starting to scratch a little.

Picture029.gif

i used to have a befor pic of everything in woodgrain. like i said now my shift knob got swapped out for a leather one. You might want to think about doing it.

the only thing that is still woodgrain is the steering wheel. but i actually like that to be woodgrain, has a nice feel to it and i wouldnt want to mess that up with a can of paint since im touching it all the time!

id paint the rest of it. but im not sure i would have gone with the glossy paint either.

good to see another jersey member here.

there is this stuff at smyth called high heat header paint. i beleive high heat is the brand. it is the most perfect matte black i have ever seen, and damned near impossible to mess up. i want to do that but i fear the interior looking to "plastic-ey"

I would have done just the would grain, and I would've gone with a matte or a semi-gloss. I thought about doing the wood grain in my LS matching it to the exterior, but it would be way to ricer looking. I might just go online and see if I can find a dark ash color wood grain kit.

I would have done just the would grain, and I would've gone with a matte or a semi-gloss. I thought about doing the wood grain in my LS matching it to the exterior, but it would be way to ricer looking. I might just go online and see if I can find a dark ash color wood grain kit.

You know I thought about doing all the woodgrain inside my car using the tinted dye method that JWerner was talking about that he used to tint his lense on his car. Hmmmmm......I might just buy some extra woodgrain pieces to try it out.

You know I thought about doing all the woodgrain inside my car using the tinted dye method that JWerner was talking about that he used to tint his lense on his car. Hmmmmm......I might just buy some extra woodgrain pieces to try it out.

You might have to sand the pieces to rough them up just a little to get the dye to adhere to it better though. Just a thought, and if you try it, post it.

The reason I painted it was because the original looked to plastic-y and cheap....Once I put in the AVIC, I think it will look totally different as well. It make the AVIC look more stock as well. I think I went to far with the Side vent surrounds and Window controls, but since they are different pieces, I kind of wanted to show it as such.

Maybe I'll go over each piece with a very fine grain Sand paper to take out some of the gloss, even though the gloss prevents scratches. I can always go to the junk year and pick up those pieces for $50 and bring it back to stock. I'll post updated pics soon.

I like the glossy look myself. When I detail my interior, those woodgrain pieces get a coat of wax.

If I were to do this, I would pull the pieces, bring them to a body shop, and have them do an automotive finish on them. I doubt they'd charge more than $100 to do it.

Or if I were to do it myself, I would do a 3 stage paint (prime, color coat, clear coat). And I'd put an extra layer of clear on, so I could polish out any scratches that inevitably happen on interior pieces.

+ 1, kind of:D

If it were me I would have only painted the wood pieces. Painting the rest like you did ends up in a miss matched look and if you go further it looks cheap, well considering its a luxury car anyway.

To sporty of a look. If you go further it would remind me of the New Bugs. They have a hard plastic interior that's color matched.

I still prefer the wood rain, in stock moderation. The only extras for me would be the wheel and knob. But painted if done right like Pete said can look nice, just do only the wood grain pieces.

Interesting...I would just let the body shop paint it if I were doing a metallic pearl look but black DIY

You may be too late on the suggestion as the post you just replied to is almost a year old...:D

Give him some credit for using the SEARCH feature.

Members online

No members online now.
Back