p0308 p0420 p0316 possible cat clogged ?

Diplomat 1

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Lincoln LS v8 I have changed all plugs and coils with motor craft parts. That was done about 20k ago. Other day I had a code for cylinder 8 misfire so I swapped the coil with another cylinder and the plug with a mother cylinder. Code comes back with cylinder 8 misfire , p0420 and p0316. I have heard that when it rains water gets into cylinder 8 somehow is that possible? Also what are the chances it is a clogged cat? Car ran with misfire codes before. Thanks

Here a quick video of how it's sounds

https://youtu.be/3fnnVrYhfrA

I pulled the plug on cylinder 8 (driver side closest to firewall) and it was wet with gas. Based on video u can hear as I get closer to cylinder 8 it sounds More of a knock sound which worrys me. After I took video I went to check codes and under pending codes I had the same codes and p0304 which is new. What do you guys think? I am thinking of doing a compression test on it is there a how to for this car by any chance? Also how hard is it to pull the cats to see if it's clogged? Thanks just hope it's not a blown motor

May have something to do with a vacuum leak... There is several members here right now fighting issues of rough running that may be caused by leaks.

I see you have zipties holding your actual intake piping on... That can be a good start.

I will check for leaks but it doesn't seem like that is the case. Also it has wet plug and meaning no spark if I'm not mistaken. Also the zip tie is to hold the tps sensor In place.

Members online

No members online now.
Back