P0190, p0191, fuel system and vacuum question

SultanGris

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Got both these codes, they come and go sometimes only one sometimes only the other sometimes both. Runs good initially but after driving a while and it warms up it sometimes loses power / acceleration but if I shut it off and turn it back on then it goes again for a while.

P0190 says fuel pressure sensor rail circuit, p0191 says the same thing but Auto zone said it was the pump. A new\used pump was installed on the passenger side before I bought the car. I've heard it's a saddle tank and there's a jet pump and a regular pump so I was just wondering which one is on what side and what side is the float for fuel gauge on?

Found a thread that had a similar issue and code but it was never resolved so I just wondered if anybody else ever had this problem and what it turned out to be.

I noticed my vacuum is about 17 to 19 when I'm idling or driving but when I accelerate it goes down quite a bit saw some 8,6, and even saw 1 point something on hard acceleration, is that normal? What should the vacuum reading be, using torque lite to monitor, bought wrong Bluetooth adapter for forscan, what's the best Bluetooth adapter for Android forscan? Thanks.

No DTC really tells you what the problem is. They only tell you what condition is being experienced and where to start looking for the problem. (That said, your case seems likely to be the pump.) There is a factory flow chart to follow to determine for certain what it is, without throwing parts at it. I think you could short cut it by connecting a mechanical fuel gauge and verifying that the pressure really does drop like the sensor is saying.

The jet pump is on the driver's side. The electric pump is on the passenger side. There are two fuel level floats, one on each side. Both drive the fuel gauge.
Jet (transfer) pump: 2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual
electric pump: 2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual
Fuel gauge: 2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual

Yes, it's normal (and good) for the vacuum to fall greatly when accelerating.
2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual

Ok thanks, do you happen to have a link to the flow chart?

Hey, you solved the problem?
Yeah, it ended up being the jet pump nozzle was clogged, which is literally the size of a pinhole that creates a Venturi effect hence apparently the jet pump name and likely the main pump as well. previous owner replaced the main pump but he didn't clean out the tank, which is full of crap, or replace the jet pump. I didn't really believe the code consensus cuz I knew the pump was new but I didn't know the guy was an idiot and didn't clean the tank out when he put in the new pump so it pretty well immediately clogged the sock filter and weakened the new pump he installed. it was quite obvious there was a lot of crap inside the tank when you remove the pump. What a joker.

So we cleaned out the tank and restored the jet pump, took it apart and cleaned it and it worked. Reason I didn't buy a new one was because they cost about 700 bucks or more so I figured I'd try and clean that out first cuz it's literally nothing but a Venturi doohickey, a sock filter and a float, essentially a $10 plastic part maybe. I did replace the main pump though, and also the filter which also looked original. She burns fuel now without stalling!

De acuerdo, tendré que limpiar mi tanque y revisar la bomba secundaria, ya que ya cambié un filtro de gas, una bomba de gas y un sensor de presión del riel de gas. Thanks for the information

De acuerdo, tendré que limpiar mi tanque y revisar la bomba secundaria, ya que ya cambié un filtro de gas, una bomba de gas y un sensor de presión del riel de gas. Thanks for the information

English please --

All right, I'm going to have to clean my tank and check the secondary pump, as I've already changed a gas filter, a gas pump, and a gas rail pressure sensor. Thank you for the information

English please --

Okay, I will have to clean my tank and check the secondary pump as I have already changed a gas filter, gas pump, and gas rail pressure sensor. Thanks for the information

Mpg is probably much improved I’d bet
Actually less, cause now it has power and I drive it like I stole it. Stock brakes are crap on this car, get way too hot and dirty, hope the slotted power stops I just got are better!
It gets way better milage driving normally though, for sure!
16173791340559149292015647818562.jpg

With a proper brake job... using quality parts... and proper installation... the LS can make some amazing stops from 100mph.

Again... the car is not the problem.

With a proper brake job... using quality parts... and proper installation... the LS can make some amazing stops from 100mph.

Again... the car is not the problem.
Brakes are undersized for as fast as the car can go, that's just a fact. They get hot as shit real quick. might be all right for one stop from 100 but go try it three or four times in a row and then tell me what you think. I've got drilled and slotted rotors and carbon fiber pads to install this weekend that will hopefully be an improvement. Stock is fine if you drive like grandpa maybe but if you drive it like a sports car they're gonna get HOT. I definitely drive more aggressive than most, can't wait for the upgrade cause stock brakes suck.!

Bullshit ! I've done it repeatedly on a couple different occaisions. $10 Autozone brake pads and rotors won't do it... but factory Ford rotors and Akebono brake pads will.

Bullshit ! I've done it repeatedly on a couple different occaisions. $10 Autozone brake pads and rotors won't do it... but factory Ford rotors and Akebono brake pads will.
Well I'll give ya an update after I get the power stops on. I expect a definite improvement.

Members online

Back