outer door handle broke, need plastic part, dont know what its called

donmega

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I need this plastic part that connects to the outer door handle rod on the passenger door.

the rod is threaded metal and has a plastic part that threads on the has a snap in plastic fitting that goes through a hole on the latch mechanism.

This broken part is preventing my door from opening from the outside.

If anyone has a good donor part or knows the name of the part or a place I can buy a new one please give me a hand, opening the door for passengers is starting to suck :)

thanks

pretty sure I have what you need...

just to verify, you need the rod from the outer door handle to the latch??

I need to pull it if you want it, its still installed in the door of my parts car (the 90). should be same as yours. or try a local bone yard, I think the Taurus's will probably be the same. Lemme know, I can pull it out. (I need to remove the door panel anyway for my purposes.)

nah not the rod, just the plastic piece at the end of the rod closest to the latch not the handle.

If you can grab it and send it down lemme know, ill send you some cash via paypal.

Just drop me a PM with whatever cash you need and ill give you my shipping address.

let me see about getting it out. Tomorrow might be a good day for that up here.

if I can get it out without breaking it (it is 16 years old afterall), its yours.

I think I did the same thing, did you break it from pulling the outside latch to hard? If so can you throw me some help on fixing it.

I dont know how it went.

I had MichiganTeddyBear send me the rod with the plastic part and just removed the plastic part and screwed it on my door rod.

It took about 20min total with door disasembly.

Members online

No members online now.
Back