Out of ideas, can't fix ETC Failsafe.. Please help.

Yes. Dies when you pull maf. ...

That's not what he meant. Unplug the MAF while the key is off, then start the engine and see what happens. It will run with the MAF disconnected, using default estimates for air flow. You should never, ever, unplug it while the engine is running!

That's not what he meant. Unplug the MAF while the key is off, then start the engine and see what happens. It will run with the MAF disconnected, using default estimates for air flow. You should never, ever, unplug it while the engine is running!
Ok

Replace Crankshaft Position Sensor...what do you have to lose ...it may be a faulty throttle position sensor also ....did you unhook the battery of 30 minutes after installing new throttle?

Replace Crankshaft Position Sensor...what do you have to lose ...it may be a faulty throttle position sensor also ....did you unhook the battery of 30 minutes after installing new throttle?
Would I not have a code for crankshaft position sensor?

Not 30 minutes but I did disconnect the battery and jumped the neg to pos for 5 minutes. Then did a relearn.

Where is that sensor located on a gen 2?

Bottom of the engine at the back. You would have a code. I really don't like these random throw parts at it suggestions. There's no reason to disconnect the battery during/after throttle body swap. I don't know where that thought is coming from.

Maybe time to get Forscan and chart some stuff, like fuel trims, air flow, throttle position, and so on.

Wonder what’s up with that?
"If the car dies when you disconnect the mass airflow sensor, then that means it was working right and that your computer has issues. It isn’t able to use the tables programmed in it to guess the amount of fuel needed. Also, if the computer isn’t the issue, then it means one of the other sensors is probably off if the car isn’t able to keep running without the mass airflow sensor because the sensor was helping the car compensate for the other issues that it was having. So as you can see disconnecting the mass airflow sensor is actually a good way to test a variety of things." Reference from AutoGuyLand

Bottom of the engine at the back. You would have a code. I really don't like these random throw parts at it suggestions. There's no reason to disconnect the battery during/after throttle body swap. I don't know where that thought is coming from.

Maybe time to get Forscan and chart some stuff, like fuel trims, air flow, throttle position, and so on.
Where can I get a forscan and what model?

Where can I get a forscan and what model?
Download it on smartphones which would be Forscan lite $5.99 does everything that Forscan for Windows on laptop does if you go with Forscan for Windows it's free download
FORScan OBD2 Adapter, VINT-TT55502 ELMconfig ELM327 modified For all Windows compatible with Ford Cars F150 F250 and Light Pickup Truck Scan Tool, Code Reader MS-CAN HS-CAN Switch

Download it on smartphones which would be Forscan lite $5.99 does everything that Forscan for Windows on laptop does if you go with Forscan for Windows it's free download
FORScan OBD2 Adapter, VINT-TT55502 ELMconfig ELM327 modified For all Windows compatible with Ford Cars F150 F250 and Light Pickup Truck Scan Tool, Code Reader MS-CAN HS-CAN Switch
Thank you. Just ordered it.

"If the car dies when you disconnect the mass airflow sensor, then that means it was working right and that your computer has issues. It isn’t able to use the tables programmed in it to guess the amount of fuel needed. Also, if the computer isn’t the issue, then it means one of the other sensors is probably off if the car isn’t able to keep running without the mass airflow sensor because the sensor was helping the car compensate for the other issues that it was having. So as you can see disconnecting the mass airflow sensor is actually a good way to test a variety of things." Reference from AutoGuyLand

This is not very correct for the LS. It will normally stall if you unplug the MAF while it is running. It should run (not well) with the MAF disconnected, but you have to disconnect while the engine is off!

Download it on smartphones which would be Forscan lite $5.99 does everything that Forscan for Windows on laptop does ...

Sorry, you couldn't be much more wrong on this.
Forscan on Android or IOS is just a little more than a code reading tool.
Forscan on Windows allows you look into a lot more and do some programming, including PATS.

Forscan on Windows allows you look into a lot more and do some programming, including PATS.
Forscan lite allowed me to reprogram my ABS module and steering and yaw rate sensor...did the same service as the Windows version...Never had to update the PCM but it's on Forescan Lite also

. It should run (not well) with the MAF disconnected, but you have to disconnect while the engine is off!
Yes I agree you should disconnect the MAF while car isnt running....I can't agree more with this statement though....

"If the car dies when you disconnect the mass airflow sensor, then that means it was working right and that your computer has issues. It isn’t able to use the tables programmed in it to guess the amount of fuel needed."

The article goes on to say .. "Also, if the computer isn’t the issue, then it means one of the other sensors is probably off if the car isn’t able to keep running without the mass airflow sensor because the sensor was helping the car compensate for the other issues that it was having."

I'm wondering if the version I downloaded has been updated and revised compared to the one you downloaded

This is not very correct for the LS. It will normally stall if you unplug the MAF while it is running. It should run (not well) with the MAF disconnected, but you have to disconnect while the engine is off!
I also tried disconnecting it while it was turned off. Started but then died immediately.

Got my adapter for Forscan today. Messed with it a little but going to do some more in depth this week. Also, rock auto accepted a return for the Ngk coils so I’m going to exchange them for motorcraft. We’ll see how it goes. Can I do a mode $06 and to check misfire data in my 04 LS?

Members online

No members online now.
Back