Our Zephyr

ZephyrIsm

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Dad picked it up last night...very cool car. Will get better pics tonight.

zephyr1sl.jpg

zephyr26nc.jpg

zephyr35gz.jpg

welcome to the site, and congrats on the car. i believe you are the first one here that has a zephyr!

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
welcome to the site, and congrats on the car. i believe you are the first one here that has a zephyr!

wow really?! thats awesome. its a great car...really..

hey guys sorry im in for the night, will answer all of your questions tomorrow. i drove it a long distance tonight on an interstate and drives like a dream. navigation helps out alot too. you wouldnt believe how many heads i turn.

ZephyrIsm said:
hey guys sorry im in for the night, will answer all of your questions tomorrow. i drove it a long distance tonight on an interstate and drives like a dream. navigation helps out alot too. you wouldnt believe how many heads i turn.

How's the FWD for all the complainers here? extra 6th gear helps?

Not to be an ass. But its a nice car and all.

But it was made in Hermosillio Mexico. The workers that built it all walk to the industrial park, 1 mile away from the town because they can't afford to buy ANY car! They make (in FORDs own words) "...a decent living, at $13 per day".

Nice car. But every time you turn the key remember the thousands of workers you put out of work by buying that car!

Your car was built by people with no hope or future, or possibility that their children can ever have an education. They just work to survive. Pay them a living wage and allow them to to dream about a future and you have contributed to the Mexican community and humanity. Pay them $13 per day and you are taking advantage of our fellow human beings!

You bought a foriegn car. You should have purchased a Honda (OHIO) or Camry (Kentucky) and supported these companies that employ 1000's of people and sell cars that have a 97% content that is made in the USA. You bought a 19% content vehicle. You could have purchased an LS (Wixom/MI).

Why would anyone buy a car made from the sweat and anguish of another human being?

You buy a BMW....the guys that built it drive BMW's! You buy an LS and the guys that built it may drive an LS. You buy a Zephyer and the Plant Manager of the plant drives a Toyota!! The workers all WALK!

Ken Motz said:
Not to be an ass. But its a nice car and all.

But it was made in Hermosillio Mexico. The workers that built it all walk to the industrial park, 1 mile away from the town because they can't afford to buy ANY car! They make (in FORDs own words) "...a decent living, at $13 per day".

Nice car. But every time you turn the key remember the thousands of workers you put out of work by buying that car!

Your car was built by people with no hope or future, or possibility that their children can ever have an education. They just work to survive. Pay them a living wage and allow them to to dream about a future and you have contributed to the Mexican community and humanity. Pay them $13 per day and you are taking advantage of our fellow human beings!

You bought a foriegn car. You should have purchased a Honda (OHIO) or Camry (Kentucky) and supported these companies that employ 1000's of people and sell cars that have a 97% content that is made in the USA. You bought a 19% content vehicle. You could have purchased an LS (Wixom/MI).

Why would anyone buy a car made from the sweat and anguish of another human being?

You buy a BMW....the guys that built it drive BMW's! You buy an LS and the guys that built it may drive an LS. You buy a Zephyer and the Plant Manager of the plant drives a Toyota!! The workers all WALK!

Buying the car didn't put thousands of workers out of jobs, since Ford had already moved the plant anyhow. 97% of a Honda might be built in the US, but how much of the profit goes into American hands? I'd be very impressed if any of the Wixom workers drove LSes.

"by people with no hope or future" How can you say that? $13 a day is better than no dollars a day, and it's a start, and it certainly gives them hope.

Your LS has a French transmission. Why are you helping the French? Why don't you buy a car with a 100% American content? Yes, there is outsourcing, but more of the money is going back into American hands.

I don't mean to get a war going here, but I just want to make a point that the parts that go into most cars are come from all over the world. No matter what you buy some of this goes on either directly or indirectly. I'd still like to see profits coming back to the U.S. Ford and GM are hurtin'.

Anyway, this thread is about the new Zephyr. For godsakes, congratulate the guy he's got a beautiful car!

brentalan said:
I don't mean to get a war going here, but I just want to make a point that the parts that go into most cars are come from all over the world. No matter what you buy some of this goes on either directly or indirectly. I'd still like to see profits coming back to the U.S. Ford and GM are hurtin'.

Anyway, this thread is about the new Zephyr. For godsakes, congratulate the guy he's got a beautiful car!

:I he does have good looking car!!!

it does have the lights under the side mirrors for whoever asked...umm, and it drives really good i havent really gotten up to high speeds on it to the overdrive. and the visibility is fine in the front...but theres like no back window it seems like when you look in the rear view. the color is tungsten grey or however you spell it. but i will have awesome pics by tomorrow. and no we didnt get the sunroof and HID's. we got every other option though.

ZephyrIsm said:
it does have the lights under the side mirrors for whoever asked...umm, and it drives really good i havent really gotten up to high speeds on it to the overdrive. and the visibility is fine in the front...but theres like no back window it seems like when you look in the rear view. the color is tungsten grey or however you spell it. but i will have awesome pics by tomorrow. and no we didnt get the sunroof and HID's. we got every other option though.

awesome, thanks Zephyrism! How's the THX system with the 2 subwoofers?! :)

no problem guys...keep the questions coming. the THX system sounds AWESOME. i cant even begin to tell you how good it sounds. the lady's voice that tells you where to go on the navigation system isnt all that high quality but still sounds ok. heres some more pictures as promised.

enjoy!

Members online

No members online now.
Back