Options for foglight bulbs.....

05 LS8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to take over Black06's FS thread, so started a new one.

I noticed a lot of you guys with the LED foglight bulbs are having issues. I have a DDM kit in the LS and that has been working out great. Got one more for the 09 Navigator and they stopped functioning after a month. I think it's due to the lights instantly going on/off, once the unlock botton is pressed.

Anyways, i am kinda stuck. I can't stand the yellowish fogs in the truck.Not sure if i should try out another hid kit or these

#1. Amazon.com: PIAA 70555 Xtreme White Plus H11 Bulb: Automotive

#2. Amazon.com: Philips H11 CrystalVision Ultra Headlight Bulb, Pack of 2: Automotive

Anyone have any experience with the bulbs in the link above?

Not the exact ones you listed, but I did use some nokya tinted halogen bulbs. These bulbs have less output than normal halogen bulbs since they have the coated colored glass. I would say go with a hid kit if you want color and light output, but if it is just the looks you want but dont care if you get much light, use the ones you listed.

those suck! still yellow.

you can find a good hid kit for the same price.

I just did ShortCircutLS foglights last night. she should be posting pics up this week sometime

go with 5000k cuz 6000k is a little blue but looks awesome

Alax, did those nokya's have a crisp look to them?

Yea i don't really care for light output, just looks. It's got projector headlights, which is more than enough.

those suck! still yellow.

you can find a good hid kit for the same price.

I just did ShortCircutLS foglights last night. she should be posting pics up this week sometime

go with 5000k cuz 6000k is a little blue but looks awesome

I assume you used them before?
My only worry with the HIDs is they will burn out quickly, due to the autolamp set up it has.

My fogs still work for now. I wonder if mine are any different like a newer version or something??

It's possible. And, you had yours on for a year maybe a little longer? How often you have them on?

I assume you used them before?
My only worry with the HIDs is they will burn out quickly, due to the autolamp set up it has.

stayci used those, and i have them in my focus,

as for autolamp only time will tell. never had one burn out yet. but bulbs aren't too expensive

It's possible. And, you had yours on for a year maybe a little longer? How often you have them on?

No way less than a year I can log in to the vled website to check but I think its only been about 7 or 8 months.

The nokya's looked decent but not enough light output.

I got those top ones, or something similar, and they're garbage.

HIDs are basically the most reliable way to get a nice white. I thought LEDs were a good alternative to HID until strobe death.

Thank you all for your input.

I am going to check out the Nokyias. If not them, i will give another shot at the HIDs.

I ran Hoens Xenonmatch H11 in my lows for a while, pretty nice light. Definitely close to HIDs.

i've had my HID's for 3-4 years, still running strong... got them from HIDWORLD.COM, price range from 89-110 ish...

I ran Hoens Xenonmatch H11 in my lows for a while, pretty nice light. Definitely close to HIDs.

Mark, you wouldn't happen to have a picture, would you?

i've had my HID's for 3-4 years, still running strong... got them from HIDWORLD.COM, price range from 89-110 ish...

That's not a bad price, especially when you have had them for 3 years. I will check them out, if i don't get the bulbs.

DSC_0290.JPG

DSC_0296.jpg

DSC_0292.JPG

Lea, thanks for posting that thread. It could be the pictures but the foglights don't have a crisp look to them.

Mark, your bulbs give it a clean HID look. Those might be a perfect match for the projectors on the truck. Thanks for the pictures man.
I feel better now that i know there are some options (Nokya's, Hoens) out there.

I'd like some for my high beams if they make them.

Black, you talking about the Hoens?

Well, after checking out the Hoens and the Nokya's in more detail, i went against myself and pulled the trigger on another HID kit. Should be here by the end of the week. I will let you know how they hold up. If they fail too, Hoen's/Nokya's will be up next.....

Yeah I'd like some high beam hoens to match the lows n fogs.

Well, after checking out the Hoens and the Nokya's in more detail, i went against myself and pulled the trigger on another HID kit. Should be here by the end of the week. I will let you know how they hold up. If they fail too, Hoen's/Nokya's will be up next.....

What HID kit did you go with?

I have those as well plus have Hoens for my HB & I love them compared to all the other junk out there. Hoen is used in all the high end cars & once you have them you can see why.

I got xentec, same as yours.

If they don't burn out within a week, they will last. IF they do, i will go with Hoens.

i have xentec for mine. ive had mine for almost a year and havent had any issues with the slim ballast kits, only had a problem when i had the big ballast on my fogs

Members online

No members online now.
Back