Opinions on wheel color

hinzy

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of refinishing some Zeus wheels to make into a winter set. Wondering about powder coating them and what color may look best on a Silver LS. I think I'm leaning towards a silver or black

All opinions welcome, and if anyone is good with photoshop and wants to play a bit it would be great ;)

Examples:

crushedsilverwheel2_zpse66ea803.gif

aliensilver2_zpsfd49ff7d.gif

blackchrome2_zpsbff99201.gif

crystalgrey2_zps4d671924.gif

kingsportgrey.gif

That black chrome does not look like black chrome at all,,, but that's the color I'd choose. Outta those choices.

Having rocked a couple of dark colored set of wheels, i think they can look great. However there are times, in certain lighting and situations where the dark color blends in with the tire too much to the point where you might as well have any regular dark colored rim.

With that said, I must vote for alien silver. Thats almost in the color range I want for my barcelonas; some sort of dark silver or gunmetal.

by the way aren't your Zeus wheels chrome? Might get pricey with having to remove the chrome before powder, or can they powder over chrome? :confused:

by the way aren't your Zeus wheels chrome? Might get pricey with having to remove the chrome before powder, or can they powder over chrome? :confused:

I have a buddy that does it for a living. Told me he'd charge me $60 to get the chrome off, $125 to powder coat them.

Chrome is peeling in places anyway

I have a buddy that does it for a living. Told me he'd charge me $60 to get the chrome off, $125 to powder coat them.

Chrome is peeling in places anyway

thats a banging deal!

I've gotten $350-450 quotes for a set, around here.

I've always been partial to black chrome myself, but that up there wasn't black chrome. THIS is black chrome.

bullitt_blkchr1810_lg.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back