Opinions on building the ultimate Lincoln Blackwood

micahs97m8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
As my signature points out, I have a 2001 F-150. I have recently been considering all that was wrong about the Lincoln Blackwood, and why it failed so miserably.:rolleyes:

They were made in one color, with only 2wd, and had that completely useless bed.:shifty:

My idea is to take a Lincoln Navigator front end and bolt it to the front of my truck. Several more mods would be done over time to make the interior match, but the theory is that I would end up with the best of both worlds. 4x4, a real bed, and a luxurious look. :cool:

I have had mixed reactions when I brought it up at work. Some say it would be "cool", while others believe it could cause a rift in the space/time continuum. What do y'all think?

Some time down the road, the motor would be built. But right now I only have 110k miles on an 01 F-150. Lots of life left in her. I always liked them too, but i also like the utility of a real truck. This would be the best of both worlds!

The Mark LT is from the next generation, and quite frankly, is not all that awesome. It does have a 5.4 and optional AWD, but my truck is starting with a 4x4 offroad package. I like the lines of the 99-03 Navigator better than the 04-06. I had an 06 Navigator for a while, and didn't like it.

I always liked the Blackwood (and the first-generation Navigators) too. It was made back during the time when I was still a big Lincoln fan (meaning their new cars. I'm still a big fan of their older vehicles now; just not what they're currently producing).

Personally, I say go for it. I, for one, think it would be pretty cool.

Members online

No members online now.
Back