Ongoing updates to the 1997

slowmkviii

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I think I forgot to post these on here
I put in kooks headers that I had ceramic coated and Dusty tiged in the rest that is 2.5 inch ss. The mid muffler is a magnaflow straight through x and the rears are pypes.
71277432_2276897419237510_1592322145323581440_o.jpg
71242702_2276897402570845_4337929347055747072_o.jpg
70605107_2276897422570843_8721995559222640640_o.jpg

Last edited:
Its fairly quiet while cruising and has a good bark when your on it. Video courtesy of Dusty at twin z performance

Last edited:
Very sweet! I wish my 97 had paint like that. The shops around here wont do completes because they say it takes too much time away from the collision stuff.

Car looks great, and I bet it sounds even better. Getting custom bent exhaust is hard to find, especially a shop that can and would want to do it. Currently finding this for my car.

That's the best job I'v seen yet of tucking a 2.5" system in tight under the car. I built a heat shield for my gas tank and found it pretty hard to get my 2.5 SS true benz pipes up tight in the cavity. If you want it tight under the car and a heat shield of sorts, go with the 2.25" pipes. They would be much easier to fit under the gas tank and enough for a heat shield or if not just plain old more air space between pipe and tank. Ethanol gas looses its ethanol content quickly when heated. Heres what my heat shield fab job looks like...
True Benz 2.5" SS Exhaust build & fab a down pipe hanger (UPDATE)
Truebenz direct web page
Tube Only Kits - Lincoln - 93-98 Lincoln Mark VIII - TruBendz Technology

That's the best job I'v seen yet of tucking a 2.5" system in tight under the car. I built a heat shield for my gas tank and found it pretty hard to get my 2.5 SS true benz pipes up tight in the cavity. If you want it tight under the car and a heat shield of sorts, go with the 2.25" pipes. They would be much easier to fit under the gas tank and enough for a heat shield or if not just plain old more air space between pipe and tank. Ethanol gas looses its ethanol content quickly when heated. Heres what my heat shield fab job looks like...
Truebenz direct web page
Your exhaust looks great

Wow looks amazing, from Paint to exhaust! Let us know how the Exoforma lasts over time. i have not tried any ceramic coatings yet. I believe the paint must be in great condition like yours is.
20200919_163600.jpg
used this only had time for one coat should do more I like it would help on any paint bring depth to the paint. It also makes cleaning in the future easier.Next time I'll probably do the 6h if there's.

Thanks Slowmkviii! I heard the paint has to be in great condition, free of any oxidation etc for the ceramic to bond well with the paint. Yes I heard/saw videos where the dirt just rinses off with just a hose.

Truebenz direct web page
Thanks xtriggerman! WOW, what an exhaust system! Brilliant write up! Amazing work! Thanks for putting in the links as well. To get this custom done in Canada would be $800 easy. it would be worth it to buy, ship and then have installed here, still saying a lot.

Almost as good as ce trim just need to find one without any cracks or chips and put a high polish on it
20210613_155240.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back