One Lap of America LS pics

112 LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
never saw these pics, nice to see the LS on a track.

http://home.comcast.net/~mholhut/oloals.html

IMG_2841.JPG

never saw these pics, nice to see the LS on a track.

http://home.comcast.net/~mholhut/oloals.html

IMG_2841.JPG

Ahhhhhh..... The memories.....

They also pioneered the 4.6L swap which is how we know that the electronics won't work. They used a stand-alone PCM that was, and would never be, compatible with the rest of the car's electronics. They also had serious cooling issues.

Ahhhhhh..... The memories.....

They also pioneered the 4.6L swap which is how we know that the electronics won't work. They used a stand-alone PCM that was, and would never be, compatible with the rest of the car's electronics. They also had serious cooling issues.

Right that's weird that it wont work with the ford 4.6 but that guy on here dropped an ls1 into his and he said everything worked

Right that's weird that it wont work with the ford 4.6 but that guy on here dropped an ls1 into his and he said everything worked

except for the gauges, the climate controls...

... who knows about any of the safety systems, you usually dont find out those are not working right until its too late.

"everything worked" and running and driving with heat, ac and a radio aren't even close to the same thing.
that LS, pinknuts' car i believe, had the ac and heat wired to a switch and fully aftermarket gauges in a custom cluster. and the engine just ran of a stand alone computer. not exactly "everything worked."

"everything worked" and running and driving with heat, ac and a radio aren't even close to the same thing.
that LS, pinknuts' car i believe, had the ac and heat wired to a switch and fully aftermarket gauges in a custom cluster. and the engine just ran of a stand alone computer. not exactly "everything worked."

This is true. But one can't expect any complete powertrain sway to drop right and and have everything work correctly. Everything is working fine at this point. Yes there was some custom work and wiring needed to make everything work together as it does on my car, but that's to be expected with such a custom setup. Also BTW, the BCM (Body Control Module) is still in the car and runs everything that is not related to the engine itself. I even have the OBDII port under the dash setup where I can switch between the LS1 ECU for tuning purposes and the Lincoln BCM which I have used to program a new set of factory key fobs. Bottom line is if somebody wants to take on such a swap, they better be ready to do plenty of custom work and wiring. I personally enjoy tinkering and messing with my car when I can. Also this car has been one hell of a daily driver and I have 0 complaints so far :D

i was reading somewhere that they were custom made BBS? I had the CDC wheels and they didnt have a lip.

This good idea but overall poor execution is what is currently motivating my build. Along with the two cars posted in the "widebody" discussion. Sooooooo close, but just a miss in the end.

Come on now, they couldn't paint that front grille? That front end would of looked so damn good if they did.

Everything other than it is an LS does not appeal to me. And Lord knows I try and give some ugly a** submissions a break just because. LOL.

How much power did they really gain??

A stock 4.6 doesnt make much more power than ours and the sohc make less with some exceptions. And from the problems they were having they should just have kept the stock engine and did the standard mods we have and a tune.

Unless the motor was internally built or had forced induction I don't see the point.

Members online

No members online now.
Back