One day

95mark8newyork

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
One day i'll one of these puppies
Now granted that this one in the video is slightly modified :) These things are seriously quick.

MHP C63 AMG Stage 2 Burnout - YouTube

I would take this over a Shelby, CTS-V, or M6 any day. Might be a little biased because i know people who own Benz's and honestly i love them and wish i had one but they're too expensive and insurance for a benz for a 17 year old would be thru the roof. What do you guys think of the C63 AMG?

Its cool but just not my thing. I would never own a benz. Maybe if I knew how to work on them. I hate letting other people touch my chit. Old school muscle cars is where its at for me. Although I have been looking at 04 cobras lately.

I agree with both of you, my dream car to have one day is a 69' Charger R/T. Benz's are complicated to work on, they cover everything up so its nice and tidy. They last forever. But you can never beat Old school American Muscle, there's nothing like the roar of a late 60's early 70's muscle car, like a Hemi Cuda, cougar, or a olds 442

pshhhh if you gonna do it...... DO IT BIG

2860.jpg

2895.jpg

2865.jpg

2862.jpg

3245.jpg

2863.jpg

I am too white for a Bentley. I have the wrap sheet for one just not the right skin color. If I had legit money to show I would have a 70 hemi cuda. Plum Crazy over white with back hockey stripe. Then a LS 6 chevelle with fathom green over black with black stripes.

I agree with both of you, my dream car to have one day is a 69' Charger R/T. Benz's are complicated to work on, they cover everything up so its nice and tidy. They last forever. But you can never beat Old school American Muscle, there's nothing like the roar of a late 60's early 70's muscle car, like a Hemi Cuda, cougar, or a olds 442

I am too white for a Bentley. I have the wrap sheet for one just not the right skin color. If I had legit money to show I would have a 70 hemi cuda. Plum Crazy over white with back hockey stripe. Then a LS 6 chevelle with fathom green over black with black stripes.

We have a 72 chevelle automatic with the 350 and a/c. Bench seats, olive green in color. Needs a lot of work but maybe someday and $20K later it will be fixed up nice.

It currently does run but has no brakes. Took it out for a spin the other day after fixing a short and the brakes just gave out...luckily it was being parked. It can still burn tires although its a one-wheel peel.

Even when the brakes work they dont stop very well. 4 wheel drums ftw.

I almost bought a 70 monte that was that olive with olive interior and a olive top. It had a lot of factory options on too, but it was beyond my skill level. Plus I have a 76 vette and a 40 ford convertible that need my attention.

Bah, a V6 will do. :p

Michael Armstrong's Buick Turbo T - 10.00 @ 133.79 - YouTube

My buddy took me in a ride with his 87 T-Type this last weekend. It has a turbo with 23psi. It was funny that you guys mentioned "Cuda" because we just ran one last week. My buddy didn't know if the guy wanted to race or not. Then all of a sudden out of nowhere the Cuda went WOT at about 45mph and actually got in my buddy's lane a tad because he lost it for a second. :eek: So now the guy is WOT with about a 2 car jump on my buddy due to reaction time. My buddy spooled up and after the turbo lag the guy was about 4 cars ahead. As soon as that Regal boosted though, lemme tell ya, he reeled in the Cuda like it was standing still. He brought his nose right up to the Cudas and I waved at the other driver with a chit grin on my face and then we let off right away at about 100 mph and let him go. My buddy even said, that's good enough, we're letting him go. So we gave the Cuda a break and didn't stay in the throttle. :D

Ok, so now this is the first time he has really had the car out since he bought it this last fall and "no camera no care". We couldn't convince any of his buddies that we just about put the screws to a big block Cuda because we had no proof LOL. I told him we're going cruising this weekend and I'm bringing the camera. New rule LOL Well, we took it to a whole new level this last weekend. Forget a big heavy Cuda, how about a crotch rocket. Ha! No chit, we were coming back from the suburbs after gassing up with some 111 octane and we got next to this sport bike. It looked like a Kawasaki Ninja and was a 600 or more. I pulled the camera up just in time as the guy on the bike went into "tuck mode" and Dan boosted in the Regal. Needless to say, I had to put my head on a swivel because we were pulling away from the damn bike! :eek:

So anyhow, yeah, you'd be surprised what a V6 could do. We raced a new Camaro SS earlier in the day, but that was no contest. I guess you can say, there's no replacement for displacement until you add boost to the equation and he has a whole lot of it. :D

If I ever get my buddy to pull those vids off of his camera, I'll post them here. He works night shift and sleeps all day but I know what I saw and recorded on camera. :cool:

I know what you mean with boost! A friend of mine has an 89 probe gt turbo built for 32 pounds!!!! It's retarded! Then another buddy of mine has a Silvia s13 with a red top sr-20 pushing 25 pounds!

I've seen a professionally-built turbo B16 (1.6 DOHC 4-cylinder) in a Honda Civic coupe outrun a brand new (at the time) C6 Corvette. A guy I was in a car club with had the Civic, and several years ago when the C6 Corvette first came out, a guy pulled up to the local hangout in one. He had his girl with him and was running his mouth, so somebody called the guy with the Civic to come up there and shut him up. They did an interstate run from a low-speed roll, and the Civic left him by 5-10 car lengths. The bad part was when everybody got back to the parking lot, we found out the Civic had lost 3rd gear during that run, but had somehow still won. There WAS a video of it on Myspace (way back when Myspace was the in thing) that a girl that was hanging out with us filmed and posted, but after a couple months, she complained she was getting threatened by someone who claimed to be with the local PD about it so she took it down. I should also add that Civic has had even more work done to it since then, but he and I both quit the club we were in, so I'm not in touch with him much anymore.

But you can never beat Old school American Muscle, there's nothing like the roar of a late 60's early 70's muscle car, like a Hemi Cuda, cougar, or a olds 442

+1 You just named off a few of my favorites from the muscle car era. Don't forget the Buick GSX as well.

I've seen a professionally-built turbo B16 (1.6 DOHC 4-cylinder) in a Honda Civic coupe outrun a brand new (at the time) C6 Corvette. A guy I was in a car club with had the Civic, and several years ago when the C6 Corvette first came out, a guy pulled up to the local hangout in one. He had his girl with him and was running his mouth, so somebody called the guy with the Civic to come up there and shut him up. They did an interstate run from a low-speed roll, and the Civic left him by 5-10 car lengths. The bad part was when everybody got back to the parking lot, we found out the Civic had lost 3rd gear during that run, but had somehow still won. There WAS a video of it on Myspace (way back when Myspace was the in thing) that a girl that was hanging out with us filmed and posted, but after a couple months, she complained she was getting threatened by someone who claimed to be with the local PD about it so she took it down. I should also add that Civic has had even more work done to it since then, but he and I both quit the club we were in, so I'm not in touch with him much anymore.

+1 You just named off a few of my favorites from the muscle car era. Don't forget the Buick GSX as well.

Haha good :q:q:q:q, i love old muscle cars. I'm only 16 and i know a :q:q:q:q load about cars, i used to point at cars and say what model they were, engine and everything. I feel smart when i can talk to older people and my friends about cars and they're like oh wow i didn't know that or how did u know that. If i had the chance to pick a fully restored muscle car i'd take a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T 440 Magnum

Haha good :q:q:q:q, i love old muscle cars. I'm only 16 and i know a :q:q:q:q load about cars, i used to point at cars and say what model they were, engine and everything. I feel smart when i can talk to older people and my friends about cars and they're like oh wow i didn't know that or how did u know that. If i had the chance to pick a fully restored muscle car i'd take a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T 440 Magnum

I've always been that way, too, ever since I got into cars hardcore when I was 11. Actually, it was going car shopping with my parents when they bought their first Mark VIII (94 champagne) in '97 that started it for me. Ever since then, it's just been a passion of mine and because it is, I'm always hungry to know more. That's a big reason why I ask questions here as much as I do. I've been into Mark VIII's since 97, and as I got older, I was able to dig deeper and learn more than I could when I was just a kid, but I'm still learning. The truth is, once you get past the basics of these cars, there's really not that much good information out there except on this site, particularly in the W3Z2, W3Z3, etc. ECU details for example, which is something I'm really interested in at this point. Back to your point, though, it's nice to be able to talk to many different people from different automotive backgrounds and actually be knowledgeable about their cars. I grew up on Fords, so that's what I learned first, then, being into all the old muscle cars (and being a huge fan of the LS-1 F-Bodies when they came out in '98), I learned more about GM and Chrysler cars. For the longest time, I hated Japanese imports, which was partially because my best friend and neighbor was a huge ricer in highschool and would constantly run his mouth about his close-to-stock 94 Honda Accord (and would constantly talk trash about muscle cars), but eventually, I started meeting people who were REAL import tuners, and I came to like and learn about those too (and eventually, my friend decided to go all out on his Accord and build it right. Ironically, now he wants to build a foxbody Mustang). In short, I like anything that's fast. Of course, I have my favorites like the Mark VIII.

theres a guy with a c 63 on my block, its a fun car, call me a traditionalist, but i love corvettes, old, new. we live in the golden era of musclecars now where you can get an all aluminum 427.pot a blower on,and wham good 'ol american muscle.
i also have a love for the viper. it just screams drive me.v 10 power put a couple superchargers on it hold on.
with a lead like "one day...." could've went anywhereafter our last discussion, one day we wont have morons regurgitating something they read somewhere without a clue how to connect the dots even if someone shows them

Members online

Back