On A Mission!

One_Way

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Think this can be done?

Gotta help a friend complete this car by March 24th! It's a birthday present to his daughter.

We started part 2 of the re-assembly Saturday, 3/5 (sorry I couldn't make breakfast guys!) Back up lights, front running lamps, grill and trim, headlights, extensions, front wirings, and bumper brackets have been installed. Didn't get time to do the front bumper.

The car runs, but there is no wiring from the dash to the engine compartment. We still have the instrument cluster, carpets, front seats, and door panels to install. The fold down back seat, rear compartment, and headliner are complete.

Still have all of the weather stripping to install also.

I apologize, but the next 2 Saturdays I'll be spending at my friend's repair shop finishing up this car.

Sure wish I got one of these for my birthday! :cool:

P3050001.jpg

P3050002.jpg

That's NO excuse! Put it on a trailer and bring it with you, DAMMIT! hehehehehe Not a problem, Rick ...I'm sure that committment was made long before Edison was discussed! Take more PICS!!! I'd be interested in seeing the completed project! We'll see you at the April 2nd SE PA FLM meet hopefully!

Jack

Thanks guys! He's helped me quite a lot, the right thing to do is to help him get it done.

I'll post more pics of our progress!

So this is like real life American Hot Rod or something. With all the short dead lines and whatever.

****updated Photos****

Sean, we are trying to get this car completed before March 24th because it's a birthday present. Although it may not be completed by the 24th, it should be drivable and somewhat presentable by then.

We spent a good solid day installing more trim. The front bumper brackets required lots of tweaking. Roof weather strip on the right side has been installed, just need to install the channels and the roof rail weather strip on the left side, both door weather strip, and the trunk weatherstrip. An antenna and wiper blade arms will complete the exterior.

The rear seat and rear interior panels were completed last year. What a pain all of that was! :Bang

Just need to install new carpet, front seats, refinish the interior side of the front doors, install new door panels, and complete the dash. It's a LOT further along than it was!

P3120001.jpg

P3120002.jpg

P3120003.jpg

P3120004.jpg

P3120005.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back