old person's car

I bought mine when I was 25.
I got the exact same thing from others and my friends.
They said, you got a grandpa car.
one look, one ride, complete 180 turn.
anyone that thinks LS is for grandpa, doesnt know what LS is/does.
Even at work, everyone knows that this lincoln belongs to someone in 20s.
I think some scratch their heads, why? how?
I think it's true that most at my age can not afford a car this price, especially brand new. I'll take my LS over benz or beemer.
I always loved american car. call it patriotic...
Love my LS...

When this "old person car" happens at a gas station, I peel off as I leave, that'll put things in perspective.

loveLSE said:
I bought mine when I was 25.
I got the exact same thing from others and my friends.
They said, you got a grandpa car.
one look, one ride, complete 180 turn.
anyone that thinks LS is for grandpa, doesnt know what LS is/does.
Even at work, everyone knows that this lincoln belongs to someone in 20s.
I think some scratch their heads, why? how?
I think it's true that most at my age can not afford a car this price, especially brand new. I'll take my LS over benz or beemer.
I always loved american car. call it patriotic...
Love my LS...

When this "old person car" happens at a gas station, I peel off as I leave, that'll put things in perspective.

i agree with the american part. my dad was born in mexico, but has been an american citizen/worker/taxpayer for 40 years now, and even though he's not paying for my car, he would not let me get a non-american car. neither would my mom! i'm glad for that though! i was originally looking to get a 2000 acura tl or a 95 mercedes s class. Now i'm damn happy that i am driving in AMERICAN luxury. :L :Beer

whatsupadrian said:
Ok well sh*t this pisses me off. When someone asks me what kind of car a drive and i say its a Lincoln LS right away they say "you drive an old person's car." Unless they know of the LS. So whatever. I want to take a poll on the age of LS owners :) lol :ban :thread:

Age- 19

I'm 28 and I got mine in 2000 when the LS first came out. I can see how some people would say it's an old folks car... I think color has alot to do with that, and lack of tint or rims. I also think the chrome that is on the bumpers of some LS's detracts from it. Mine is a Black on Black 2000 V8 Sport so it's always had a younger look.

I'm 21, but can't buy one for a few years yet (still need to finish resto on my f250).

I want one...but not for a daily driver. I want to turn it into a project car like my turbo omni, a turbo LS. It'll happen you watch, just give me a few years....

i'm 24, bought the car to take my new baby home from the hospital. I wanted my wife to have a nice ride that was safe and reliable. Little did she know that I bought the v8 for me and all. The safe and reliable part sold her on the car though, she also did think it was a fabulous looking car. I'm mean she does have good taste, she married me didn't she.

luckieleo said:
i agree with the american part. my dad was born in mexico, but has been an american citizen/worker/taxpayer for 40 years now, and even though he's not paying for my car, he would not let me get a non-american car. neither would my mom! i'm glad for that though! i was originally looking to get a 2000 acura tl or a 95 mercedes s class. Now i'm damn happy that i am driving in AMERICAN luxury. :L :Beer

We are planning a trip to Tulum next year. My wife and I are going to renew our vows there with a Mayan Shaman.

I'm 38 and far from being oldl. My son who's 20 now, wanted one last year but he couldn't afford it. You just have good tast in cars !

Wellllll 48 & 7/8ths.... I act like I'm a kid, drive like a kid. I look for someone to race. But sometimes like today. My bones ache like I'm 60... It's only a damn #. just remember most of us baby boomers were pot smokin hippies. May be a little burned out. But my first car was a 66 Mustang GT 271 H.P. and that was only the beginning. I love speed !!!!

The pot smoking boomers are ok... you can bet their eye sight is great with all the pretreatment for glaucoma they are the best candidates for driving. I think if they answered yes to the dmv question were you a pot smokin hippie they do not have to take the eye exam :)

22, bought the car as a winter driver for me, and rest-of-the-year driver for my grandmother to replace her 95 Town Car that was...well, getting 3MPG because of a failed MAF...TC=project car when I get money...V10 anyone?

Also have an 03 Cobra. LS is not nearly as fast, but I sure do enjoy driving it. No worries about wheel hop either...The IRS in this thing is awesome, unlike the Mustang :-/

As for payments / insurance...whoever said $300/100..is LUCKY. I pay:
$740/month for Cobra (4 yr loan)
$450/month for LS (2 yr loan)
and..gulp...$2850 for 6 months of insurance on both. Thats WITH defensive driving discounts on myself and my grandmother :-(

But..It sure is fun having two cars, and saying you bought your parent a car instead of the other way around lol.

-Matt

whatsupadrian said:
Ok well sh*t this pisses me off. When someone asks me what kind of car a drive and i say its a Lincoln LS right away they say "you drive an old person's car." Unless they know of the LS. So whatever. I want to take a poll on the age of LS owners :) lol :ban :thread:

Age- 19

I got the "old man's car" thing a lot, too. I'm 35, bought it at 33 (though that may be old to a 19 year old... :N )
:Beer :Beer

I'm 21, got the LS when I was the same age lol. Got it by myself, and am glad to say that. When I tell people what I drive they are like "really, thats a nice car man." Some are jealous like my Boss' cause one drives an exploder and the other drives a '92 or '94 cavalier (I like cavaliers though, owned 3).

Wish my parents would offer to make a payment or two! Car payment=$469.29 a month, insurance=$786.04 a year I believe.

"Car payment=$469.29 a month"

Good god man. I'm happy with my $339/month

"I'm happy with my $339/month"

Yes, it is pretty high I'm aware. To think, I traded in a car where I was just paying 299.77 a month and thought that was high at the time! But it is worth the cash, if I was smart and did blow some of my downpayment money on a couple things I could of maybe had it at like $400.

I'm tickled with my tempo then, there's no monthly payment, I paid 200$ for the car, and I've put over 20,000 miles on it.....Big Smile!

I pay as much per month on tools as you guys pay for your cars....The cost of being a mechanic I guess.

Putter-GLHT said:
I'm tickled with my tempo then, there's no monthly payment, I paid 200$ for the car, and I've put over 20,000 miles on it.....Big Smile!

Yea...I have had much more luck with cars I spent less than $500 on!! I have a $200/month payment right now, but you add in my repairs for the year so far and it is like having a $300/month payment. So...always have to add in repair costs. Any more major repairs and I could have bought a new car!

I got the "old man" thing when I started driving an SHO at 25. I'm now 35, and I have yet to hear the "old man" thing about the LS--but that's mostly because the people to whom I've talked are (a)car guys who are impressed by the performance; (b)non-car guys who are impressed by the luxury; or (c)non-car people who couldn't care less about it. Even my co-worker, who's such a non-car guy that he'd drive a toaster to work if it had wheels and got decent gas mileage, thought it was a cool car.

If they think it's an old man's car, they get the same response that the jerks who ride my bumper get: until you pay my car payment, insurance, and fuel bill, your opinion of my car or my driving are of no concern to me. :N

SoonerLS said:
I got the "old man" thing when I started driving an SHO at 25. I'm now 35, and I have yet to hear the "old man" thing about the LS

Whoa...we are on the same age/car path! I never had anyone say that about the SHO. Most people were stunned when they saw a 5 spd in a Taurus also. Did you have the auto version or something?

lsbit said:
Whoa...we are on the same age/car path! I never had anyone say that about the SHO. Most people were stunned when they saw a 5 spd in a Taurus also. Did you have the auto version or something?
Nope; I've actually owned two of 'em: a '92 and a '95, both with the correct number of pedals. If there were a good manual conversion for the LS, I'd be seriously considering it... :wrench :steering

I did have the guy at the tire shop ask why I was putting V-rated tires on a Taurus. That lasted 'til I opened the hood and showed him the bundle of snakes and explained the 142mph top speed. :N

I still have the pressure plate with a partially blued and worn through diaphragm (with matching dead throw-out bearing) from the '95 to prove it. :( On the plus side, I also have an perfectly good original clutch disc and flywheel for same. :)

I can tell you that I can't imagine anything I'd have to do on the LS being any worse than changing those on the SHO...

Members online

No members online now.
Back