Ok what is this thing

Shredicus

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I see it every time I open my hood and have no idea what it is. Some kind of temp sensor...?

8LM6X.jpg

LOL....im not using to seeing the engine bay of a 6.

But yea thats the temp sensor.

Its the flux capacitor, allows for time space manipulation at 88 miles per hour.

For real tho, its your air bag sensor

Its the flux capacitor, allows for time space manipulation at 88 miles per hour.

For real tho, its your air bag sensor

It most certainly is not an air bag sensor. Please don't answer this stuff if you are just guessing.

It's the external temperature sensor used by the climate control.

It most certainly is not an air bag sensor. Please don't answer this stuff if you are just guessing.

It's the external temperature sensor used by the climate control.

Sorry joe, i've heard several people refer to it as the air bag sensor and I had a ford tech say the same thing. Thats not the first time a ford tech was wrong. My bad, I'll just stick with the sarcasm in the future....j/k

Sorry joe, i've heard several people refer to it as the air bag sensor and I had a ford tech say the same thing. Thats not the first time a ford tech was wrong. My bad, I'll just stick with the sarcasm in the future....j/k

All airbag sensors are (or were) supposed to have a green connection or be green; I don't remember which......

All airbag sensors are (or were) supposed to have a green connection or be green; I don't remember which......

FYI: The rectangular box just above the circled air temperature sensor is the front impact severity sensor.

Lol. Even if you were right... Your sarcasm is far more valuable :p

Its some type of data port i asked about it before.

That is where you plug in the "Increase HP Chip" and then Wait for your CEL.

Anyone find a better way to get they're fuel octane booster into here... I've been using a turkey baster, but it takes forever....

70785159.gif

LOL this has taken a turn for the better.

I had also wondered what that capped data/electrical port was but figured it was for plugging in my electrical intake supercharger. I dont know why you guys bother will all those pipes and tubes and waste fences and blowpop valves when you have all the forced insuction you could possibly want right here.

B&B_Performance_Line_Electric_Supercharger2.jpg

Anyone find a better way to get they're fuel octane booster into here... I've been using a turkey baster, but it takes forever....

Actually I solved this long ago. Just get a 3/4" drill bit and drill into those wiggly things under the plastic cover and pour it directly into. It's called and "intake manatee" for a reason and this car is "direct ingestion" after all so it makes sense. Since I did this mod my car bucks and jerks all over the road and my engine occasionally stalls. I assume it because my transmission cant handle the added power.

i know SRS harness inside the car are always yellow.

and if you lucky, some SRS harnesses are wrapped in yellow loom.

Members online

Back