Ok...once and for all, EGR delete, yes or no?

warrioralumni08

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I need help deciding people! Gen 1 and it will be a daily driver, live in Oklahoma and we don't have emission testing. I have researched, and read the pros and cons. I would like to have a cleaner intake and imrc's, then again I would like to keep my gas mileage great and have cooler combustion temps. Then again, I would like to get rid of that damn EGR tube and install cobra manifolds, so I wont have to bend it. I do have a new EGR Valve, but my tube is broke, so that is $100+ already. How would I go about turning the EGR Valve off, if I do delete it? Sct Xcal? Not sure. Will I lose torque? It would be accompanied with cobra manifolds and straight piped (deleted cats) with an x-pipe and dual mufflers.

Sorry if anyone gets pissed!! :shifty:

chip will turn it off. then just block everything off at the intake and manifold.
egr is supposed to lower intake air temps and raise gas mileage.
but tuned properly to run without it, you should be just fine.

chip will turn it off. then just block everything off at the intake and manifold.

Not sure how pumping air that is mostly depleted of o2 and heated to exhaust temp does ether of those two BUT the rest of the statement is correct

Not sure how pumping air that is mostly depleted of o2 and heated to exhaust temp does ether of those two BUT the rest of the statement is correct

well. lower combustion temps and lower egt's. cooler is better.
the air depleted of o2 won't burn, so you need less fuel to maintain a rich mixture. so better mileage.
everything cooling down could result in lower iat's though.

And a lot of new vehicles do not have EGR any longer.

And a lot of new vehicles do not have EGR any longer.

Hmm, makes me just want to delete it then if they don't have any use for it. How much of a drop in gas mileage should I expect? Also, should I be worried since combustion temperatures will be hotter? I mean will they really get that much hotter and risk the chance of my engine failing?

I have it deleted with my cobra intake, no issues except I can't pass CA smog visual.

Waste of money buying a restrictor plate, just turn it off via a tuner and forget it.

I have already blocked off the egr with a plate, and was wondering since a check engine light will show up, can't I just plug the dpfe sensor back up, and make it go away?

I have already blocked off the egr with a plate, and was wondering since a check engine light will show up, can't I just plug the dpfe sensor back up, and make it go away?

The dpfe is used to measure the flow THRU the EGR tube. Since you would not have the egr gasses flowing thru the tube the DPFE will read it as not flowing right.

Members online

No members online now.
Back