Ok, GWB is not retarded but...........

Texas Law

I will put money on it that the University of Texas law school is kicking themselves in the ass right now about not accepting GW. Especially with the grades that he obtained at Harvard. So what, daddy pulled some strings to get him in a good school. Bet he wasn't the first one to do that. I do not care how much you hate GWB, he is still better than the criminal that he replaced, and he is leaps and bounds ahead of the TRAITOR that he beat fair and square at the polls. Popular vote, or electoral vote, he still beat the TRAITOR.

Like I keep repeating, Kerry lost, get over it.

You sound like a broken record. You need to get over the fact that you back the wrong guy.

bufordtpisser said:
Like I keep repeating, Kerry lost, get over it.

Great summation.

Clinton the criminal.

Gore the loser.

Kerry the traitor.

P.S. They will never get over Bush beating Gore, much less Kerry. Never.

Here's the story deVille didn't post about the Lovenstein Institute:

The Lovenstein Institute IQ Report​

In July 2001 an e-mail (see below) began to circulate around the internet claiming that the Lovenstein Institute, a think-tank based in Scranton, Pennsylvania, had conducted research into the IQ of all the Presidents of the past 50 years and concluded that George W. Bush ranked at the bottom, with an IQ of only 91.

This news quickly gained attention from the international media. The London Guardian broke the story on July 19, and on August 26 Garry Trudeau featured the report in his Doonesbury comic strip.

Unfortunately both Trudeau and the Guardian had fallen for a hoax.

The e-mail had originated as a joke on a website called linkydinky.com. In its original version, the joke was pretty obvious. For instance, Linkydinky.com cited the Pennsylvania Court Observer as its source for the news, noting that this newspaper only had a circlation of five readers. Furthermore, it described Dr. Lovenstein as "living in a mobile home in Scranton, Pennsylvania."

As the joke made its way through people's inboxes, these textual clues were stripped away, until in the final version of the email it sounded as if the Lovenstein Institute was an actual research organization.

Once they learned of their mistake, both Trudeau and the Guardian published retractions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Text of the Lovenstein Institute Email:

The Pennsylvania Court Reporter
7-10-01 12:32 PM CST
University Notes
Contributors: Cristina L. Borenstein, Lana Taamar
Report: President Bush Has Lowest IQ of all Presidents of past 50 Years

If late night TV comedy is an indicator, then there has never been as widespread a perception that a president is not intellectually qualified for the position he holds as there is with President GW Bush.

In a report published Monday, the Lovenstein Institute of Scranton, Pennsylvania detailed its findings of a four month study of the intelligence quotient of President George W. Bush. Since 1973, the Lovenstein Institute has published it's research to the education community on each new president, which includes the famous "IQ" report among others.

According to statements in the report, there have been twelve presidents over the past 50 years, from F. D. Roosevelt to G. W. Bush who were all rated based on scholarly achievements, writings that they alone produced without aid of staff, their ability to speak with clarity, and several other psychological factors which were then scored in the Swanson/Crain system of intelligence ranking.

The study determined the following IQs of each president as accurate to within five percentage points:

147 Franklin D. Roosevelt (D)
132 Harry Truman (D)
122 Dwight D. Eisenhower (R)
174 John F. Kennedy (D)
126 Lyndon B. Johnson (D)
155 Richard M. Nixon (R)
121 Gerald Ford (R)
175 James E. Carter (D)
105 Ronald Reagan (R)
098 George HW Bush (R)
182 William J. Clinton (D)
091 George W. Bush (R)

The six Republican presidents of the past 50 years had an average IQ of 115.5, with President Nixon having the highest IQ, at 155.

President G. W. Bush was rated the lowest of all the Republicans with an IQ of 91. The six Democrat presidents had IQs with an average of 156, with President Clinton having the highest IQ, at 182. President Lyndon B. Johnson was rated the lowest of all the Democrats with an IQ of 126.

No president other than Carter (D) has released his actual IQ, 176.

Among comments made concerning the specific testing of President GW Bush, his low ratings were due to his apparent difficulty to command the English language in public statements, his limited use of vocabulary (6,500 words for Bush versus an average of 11,000 words for other presidents), his lack of scholarly achievements other than a basic MBA, and an absence of any body of work which could be studied on an intellectual basis. The complete report documents the methods and procedures used to arrive at these ratings, including depth of sentence structure and voice stress confidence analysis.

"All the Presidents prior to George W. Bush had a least one book under their belt, and most had written several white papers during their education or early careers. Not so with President Bush," Dr. Lovenstein said. "He has no published works or writings, so in many ways that made it more difficult to arrive at an assessment. We had to rely more heavily on transcripts of his unscripted public speaking."

The Lovenstein Institute of Scranton Pennsylvania think tank includes high caliber historians, psychiatrists, sociologists, scientists in human behavior, and psychologists. Among their ranks are Dr. Werner R. Lovenstein, world-renowned sociologist, and Professor Patricia F. Dilliams, a world-respected psychiatrist.

This study was commissioned on February 13, 2001 and released on July 9, 2001 to subscribing member universities and organizations within the education community.

About the authors : Cristina L. Borenstein and Lana Taamar are both recently off the campaign trail where they served as receptionists for the Pennsylvania chapter of Gore For President, Inc., and have co-written the eBook Gore Got Gored. Together they publish the The Pennsylvania Court Observer which has a circulation of 5.

Dr. Lovenstein lives in a mobile home in Scranton, Pennsylvania with his long time companion Patricia F. Dilliams. When the two are not publishing reports for their Lovenstein Institute, they run an internet business www.collegedegreesforsale.com.

Text copyright © 2002 Alex Boese

barry2952 said:
You sound like a broken record. You need to get over the fact that you back the wrong guy.
Actually, according to your ~ I'm a sheep ~ logic, the plurality of Americans voted for Bush, therefore, YOU got it wrong!*owned*

MonsterMark said:
Well I guess THAT settles THAT!:D

I didn't know how long to hold off on posting the truth. I knew immediately, and I suspect you did as well, based on your first post. I wanted first to see how deVille proposed to defend such silliness; he clearly believed the article. It also afforded me the opportunity to make the point that being a bad public speaker doesn't equate to being stupid.

But the story had "legs" because it is the type of idiocy the Left engages in all the time...it had a believable premise, given how the Left operates. It really isn't hard to imagine them claiming to know someone's IQ simply by watching that someone espouse views they happen to disagree with. That incredible arrogance is part and parcel of being a Liberal. They always imagine themselves to be the smartest person in the room, and they rarely are.

Funny, I just can't see why those so-called liberals by the self proclaimed conservatives couldn’t see the intelligence of GW… He would make Einstein look like an idiot.

Would be funny to see the IQ difference between the members on this forum... I know I am not worried about mine!

mespock said:
Funny, I just can't see why those so-called liberals by the self proclaimed conservatives couldn’t see the intelligence of GW… He would make Einstein look like an idiot.

This is the greatest piece of *owned* *owned* *owned* I have ever seen.

Haven't had a chance to verify its accuracy but take it for what it's worth.

SAT scores of famous people...

Bill O’Reilly - 1585
Ben Stein - 1573
Rush Limbaugh - 1530
Al Gore - 1355
George W. Bush - 1206
John Kerry - 1190
Bill Clinton - 1032
Al Franken - 1020
Janeane Garofalo - 950
Howard Stern - 870

mespock said:
Would be funny to see the IQ difference between the members on this forum... I know I am not worried about mine!

So let's play along. Bush scored a 1206. You're a school teacher so obviously you have taken the exam and it has to be in your 'jacket', so what's your score?

fossten said:
Now that is the most shallow, hypocritical thing I have ever heard you say, especially in light of the "grammer" with which you formulate your posts. You think that intelligence stems from the ability to read speeches that are written by someone else? Ha, what a laugh. If that's your measuring stick, then you'd better take a long, hard look in the mirror..

Excuse me if I am not the best writer, but in case you haven't noticed, your posts are not the pinnacle of grammatical perfection either. I'm not saying that poor readers are stupid, but intelligence has something to do with reading comprehension. You really should know that. Don't call me a hypocrite, by your own standards you just 'personally attacked' me, yet you're the one that always cries like a whiny little b$#@h when someone does it to you. Want to borrow that mirror after I’m done?

fossten said:
If you've never paid any attention, you'll note that many times Bush is winging it, speaking from the heart, shooting from the hip. Clinton never had the guts to do that.

B.S.....

fossten said:
I compare Bush more to John Wayne in his demeanor and speech patterns. He's a cowboy. He's a little rough around the edges, but HE CAN LEAD. And he doesn't bail and quit when you fibbies criticize him. He's smarter than all you people.

That brought a tear to my eye.........

Oh yeah! Well, well look at these grades John sKERRY scored.

Kerry at Yale

First Year Courses:
61 in Geology (grade of D)
63 and 68 in History (grades of D)
69 in Political Science (grade of D)

Later Year Courses:
79 in Political Science (grade of C)
77 in French (grade of C)

Senior Year Courses:
89 in Political Science (grade of B)

Source: Boston Globe, June 7, 2005

RRocket said:
How do you get into Harvard after the University of Texas law school rejects you??

You have a powerful father with high end connections and you pay.

RB3 said:
I didn't know how long to hold off on posting the truth. I knew immediately, and I suspect you did as well, based on your first post. I wanted first to see how deVille proposed to defend such silliness; he clearly believed the article. It also afforded me the opportunity to make the point that being a bad public speaker doesn't equate to being stupid..

Actually, if you go back and read my first post to you, I said 'this was just a study' and I agreed with you it wasn't based on actual IQ test scores. Did I believe this study took place? Sure I did. Did I believe this study was perfectly accurate? No. You obviously believed the study took place too, otherwise you wouldn't of taken the time to research and disprove it.

RB3 said:
But the story had "legs" because it is the type of idiocy the Left engages in all the time...it had a believable premise, given how the Left operates. It really isn't hard to imagine them claiming to know someone's IQ simply by watching that someone espouse views they happen to disagree with. That incredible arrogance is part and parcel of being a Liberal. They always imagine themselves to be the smartest person in the room, and they rarely are.

No, the conservatives clearly are...... Talk about arrogance.

95DevilleNS said:
Actually, if you go back and read my first post to you, I said 'this was just a study' and I agreed with you it wasn't based on actual IQ test scores..

No, it isn't a study. It's a HOAX.

95DevilleNS said:
No, the conservatives clearly are...... Talk about arrogance.

Your arrogance (by your I am referring to the generic Left, not you personally) is illustrated by believing that you can decide the leader of the free world is "stupid" because he's a poor public speaker.

RB3 said:
No, it isn't a study. It's a HOAX..

Yes, if what you posted is correct, then it is. I believe you wouldn't post a counter article that is a lie, so I won't research it.

RB3 said:
Your arrogance (by your I am referring to the generic Left, not you personally) is illustrated by believing that you can decide the leader of the free world is "stupid" because he's a poor public speaker.

I'm glad you cleared that up; I do not think GWB is a moron, no one achieves what he has by being completely stupid. But he relies heavily on people around him and he has a knack for choosing intelligent cohorts, so he gets by. He's definitely the most wily president we've had in the past 20 years.

MonsterMark said:
So let's play along. Bush scored a 1206. You're a school teacher so obviously you have taken the exam and it has to be in your 'jacket', so what's your score?

Never had to take the SAT test.... Was excepted as is... But then it was a "Liberal" Arts College. Carthage College in Kenosha Wisconsin.

95DevilleNS said:
I do not think GWB is a moron, no one achieves what he has by being completely stupid. But he relies heavily on people around him and he has a knack for choosing intelligent cohorts, so he gets by. He's definitely the most wily president we've had in the past 20 years.

Thank you for the great compliment to our President. Now don't you wish that Clinton had done that! Surround himself with people smarter than he. But Clinton couldn't do that. He was that arrogant and he had to have his fingers in every bit of minuetia. I'll take a guy like Bush who brings together smart people and let's them do their job, than a know-it-all like Clinton that micro-manages everything he touches because he 'thinks' he is the smartest cat in the room.

Not even remotely

Originally Posted by 95DevilleNS
"I do not think GWB is a moron, no one achieves what he has by being completely stupid. But he relies heavily on people around him and he has a knack for choosing intelligent cohorts, so he gets by. He's definitely the most wily president we've had in the past 20 years."

Not only is GWB not completely stupid, he is not even remotely stupid. He has managed to accomplish feats that most Americans can only dream about. Maybe you do not like some of the things that he does or has done. But he is the duly elected President Of The United States Of America. Period, end of sentence. He beat the candidate that the Democrats put up to run against him. If as a lot of sore loser democrats have claimed, he forced the election, won illeagly, tampered with votes, bought it, killed, coerced, raped and pillaged, or whatever other accusations have been thrown out, "SHOW ME THE PROOF". You guys want to claim that the electoral progress is flawed, but it is just fine when it works in your favor. Again and again and again, I must reitterate the point. You lost, get over it.

95DevilleNS said:
Yes, if what you posted is correct, then it is. I believe you wouldn't post a counter article that is a lie, so I won't research it.

Now that is the definition of arrogance. You post a hoax, don't apologize for it, are too lazy to research it, and then insinuate that my reply might be false.

Here's a clue for you: type "The Lovenstein Institute IQ Report" in Google and you will find page after page refuting this hoax, including a particularly funny one in the Wall Street Journal.

95DevilleNS said:
But he relies heavily on people around him and he has a knack for choosing intelligent cohorts, so he gets by.

Uhhh...yeah. Like any good leader should. I suppose you would like to have micromanaging President, but not I. Every person in a position of power should surround themselves with highly qualified personnel, listen to them and most importantly let them do their jobs. IQ, SAT scores and college education have very little to do with leadership ability.

FreeFaller said:
Uhhh...yeah. Like any good leader should. I suppose you would like to have micromanaging President, but not I. Every person in a position of power should surround themselves with highly qualified personnel, listen to them and most importantly let them do their jobs. IQ, SAT scores and college education have very little to do with leadership ability.

But it's too bad that many of them Not just GW pay back friends with positions that they are not qualified to have.

Nailed

FreeFaller said:

You hit the nail on the head. Do you think that the Generals and other high ranking officers are the ones who fight the war? Get a grip. The best leaders, whether they be leaders of countries, or leaders of industry, surround themselves with experts that are supposed to know what they are doing. Those who try to do it all themselves either fail, or get caught with thier cigars up thier interns. When I was in the Marines, believe me there were no high ranking officers shouting in my face when I screwed up in front of them. They hollared at someone who hollared at someone who in turn push upped me to death.

RB3 said:
Now that is the definition of arrogance. You post a hoax, don't apologize for it, are too lazy to research it, and then insinuate that my reply might be false.

Here's a clue for you: type "The Lovenstein Institute IQ Report" in Google and you will find page after page refuting this hoax, including a particularly funny one in the Wall Street Journal.

Let me repeat "I believe you wouldn't post a counter article that is a lie, so I won't research it." If that doesn't tell you that I believe you and your article, I'm not sure what will. Relax man, get a massage or something.

mespock said:
But it's too bad that many of them Not just GW pay back friends with positions that they are not qualified to have.

Are you implying that cronyism happens during GWB's watch? How dare you!

95DevilleNS said:
Let me repeat "I believe you wouldn't post a counter article that is a lie, so I won't research it." If that doesn't tell you that I believe you and your article, I'm not sure what will. Relax man, get a massage or something.

It's more relaxing proving you wrong. :rolleyes:

Members online

Back