Ok, GWB is not retarded but...........

TheDude

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Report: President Bush Has Lowest IQ of all Presidents of past 50 Years

If late night TV comedy is an indicator, then there has never been as widespread a perception that a president is not intellectually qualified for the position he holds as there is with President G. W. Bush.

In a report published Monday, the Lovenstein Institute of Scranton, Pennsylvania detailed its findings of a four month study of the intelligence quotient of President George W. Bush. Since 1973, the Lovenstein Institute has published its research to the education community on each new president, which includes the famous "IQ" report among others.

According to statements in the report, there have been twelve presidents over the past 50 years, from F. D. Roosevelt to G. W. Bush who were all rated based on scholarly achievements, writings that they alone produced without aid of staff, their ability to speak with clarity, and several other psychological factors which were then scored in the Swanson/Crain system of intelligence ranking.

The study determined the following IQs of each president as accurate to within five percentage points:

147 Franklin D. Roosevelt (D)
132 Harry Truman (D)
122 Dwight D. Eisenhower (R)
174 John F. Kennedy (D)
126 Lyndon B. Johnson (D)
155 Richard M. Nixon (R)
121 Gerald Ford (R)
175 James E. Carter (D)
105 Ronald Reagan (R)
098 George H. W. Bush (R)
182 William J. Clinton (D)
091 George W. Bush (R)

The six Republican presidents of the past 50 years had an average IQ of 115.5, with President Nixon having the highest IQ, at 155.

President G. W. Bush was rated the lowest of all the Republicans with an IQ of 91. The six Democrat presidents had IQs with an average of 156, with President Clinton having the highest IQ, at 182. President Lyndon B. Johnson was rated the lowest of all the Democrats with an IQ of 126.

No president other than Carter (D) has released his actual IQ, 176.

Among comments made concerning the specific testing of President GW Bush, his low ratings were due to his apparent difficulty to command the English language in public statements, his limited use of vocabulary (6,500 words for Bush versus an average of 11,000 words for other presidents), his lack of scholarly achievements other than a basic MBA, and an absence of any body of work which could be studied on an intellectual basis. The complete report documents the methods and procedures used to arrive at these ratings, including depth of sentence structure and voice stress confidence analysis.

"All the Presidents prior to George W. Bush had a least one book under their belt, and most had written several white papers during their education or early careers. Not so with President Bush," Dr. Lovenstein said. "He has no published works or writings, so in many ways that made it more difficult to arrive at an assessment. We had to rely more heavily on transcripts of his unscripted public speaking."

The Lovenstein Institute of Scranton Pennsylvania think tank includes high caliber historians, psychiatrists, sociologists, scientists in human behavior, and psychologists. Among their ranks are Dr. Werner R. Lovenstein, world-renowned sociologist, and Professor Patricia F. Dilliams, a world-respected psychiatrist.

This study was commissioned on February 13, 2001 and released on July 9, 2001 to subscribing member universities and organizations within the education community.
....................................................................................................

(Older story, sorry if someone posted it before)

Lefties are hysterical! What will they come up with next? I actually read the whole article for pure amusement.

The Left has been out-foxed at every turn by a dumb s h i t. LOL. So what does that make the Left? Jimminycrickets.

That is idiotic.
If you believe that is accurate, you would fall into the idiot category as well.

So all the Republicans are barely "average," some actually falling bellow the average level. Oh wait, two did score a little better, I guess this is a "fair study." To bad those two either resigned from office or weren't elected.

Clinton 182

BullS#!t. First off, this institute is in Scrotum PA. They are not exactly know for thier feats of the mind in that little town. Second off if Billary was so damn smart, why did he get impeached. Third, if Kennedy was so damn smart, why did he get shot, and fourth, Jimmy Caaaaarter, mr peanut, you have got to be kidding.

MonsterMark said:
The Left has been out-foxed at every turn by a dumb s h i t. LOL. So what does that make the Left? Jimminycrickets.

That is inaccurate. You are referring to the BuSh voters ...... and shrubbies in general. At least you admit that GW is a "dumb s h i t" (to use your own words).

deVille, you did notice this ISN'T their actual IQs, didn't you? This is a bunch of Liberals speculating on what someone's IQ is, based on their observations of what the person said and wrote, filtered through their own biases.

What an enormous surprise. The Liberals decided that the Liberals are smart and the Conservatives stupid. Wow. Who'd have guessed that'd be their conclusion.

Maybe next, you could post that other equally scholarly report, published in Psychology Today around 2003, that "proved" Conservatives are crazy.

bufordtpisser said:
BullS#!t. First off, this institute is in Scrotum PA. They are not exactly know for thier feats of the mind in that little town. Second off if Billary was so damn smart, why did he get impeached. Third, if Kennedy was so damn smart, why did he get shot, and fourth, Jimmy Caaaaarter, mr peanut, you have got to be kidding.

1) Upon what facts to you base your opinion of "that little town".
2) What does IQ have to do w/ scruples?
3) What does IQ have to do with being a target of an assassin, other than possibly making him a more attractive target?
4) ............... I'll give you that one. :rolleyes:

Reply's inline

JohnnyBz00LS said:
1) Upon what facts to you base your opinion of "that little town".
I have been thier many times.
2) What does IQ have to do w/ scruples?
If you have any smarts, you don't get caught with your scruples all over a blue dress.
3) What does IQ have to do with being a target of an assassin, other than possibly making him a more attractive target?
If you have any smarts, you do not piss off people in your own political party(Conspiracy Theory)
4) ............... I'll give you that one. :rolleyes:
Didn't think this one would be an issue.

Guys on the Right. Take this for what it is. Humor.

All these ivory tower types get together and do serious research. The results are indisputable. Bush has not written a nonsense book. He ONLY has a basic MBA, from HARVARD, no less. He is the ONLY President to have a Master's Degree in Business Administration. And from what I understand, President Bush happens to be a pretty skillful poker player, which probably explains why he continues to beat the Dems at every game they play.

So they rip him because he is not a lawyer and not one of them. Good grief. The bashing will never stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Momma says stupid is as stupid does."

- Forrest Gump

Clinton - Monica Lewinsky, Gennifer Flowers, Paula Jones, Juanita Broaddrick,
Whitewater, etc

182? :bowrofl:

fossten said:
Whitewater, etc

Of course he has a 182 score. Billy obviously thinks with his dick so he must have got bonus points for that!

MonsterMark said:
Of course he has a 182 score. Billy obviously thinks with his dick so he must have got bonus points for that!

Yeah but it's crooked! So he loses points for that! :bowrofl:

RB3 said:
deVille, you did notice this ISN'T their actual IQs, didn't you? This is a bunch of Liberals speculating on what someone's IQ is, based on their observations of what the person said and wrote, filtered through their own biases.

What an enormous surprise. The Liberals decided that the Liberals are smart and the Conservatives stupid. Wow. Who'd have guessed that'd be their conclusion.

Maybe next, you could post that other equally scholarly report, published in Psychology Today around 2003, that "proved" Conservatives are crazy.

Yes, I did in fact notice these scores where not based on actual Intelligence Quotient test. This was just a study, nothing else. Liberal speculation? Do you know for certain every single person involved in this study was a liberal? You just slap the 'liberal' name tag on it because it makes GWB not be the masterful genius you righties think he is. If this same exact study had come up with GWB having a 150+ IQ, it would be taken in as unshakable fact.

Take one thing into consideration at least, you have seen GWB speak many times I'm sure, compare his grammer, pronunciation & vocabulary to any other president Repub or Demo. You'll notice he sounds childish compared to any of them.

fossten said:
"Momma says stupid is as stupid does."

- Forrest Gump

Whitewater, etc

Not sure how adultery plays into your IQ score.............:confused:

95DevilleNS said:
Yes, I did in fact notice these scores where not based on actual Intelligence Quotient test. This was just a study, nothing else. Liberal speculation? Do you know for certain every single person involved in this study was a liberal? You just slap the 'liberal' name tag on it because it makes GWB not be the masterful genius you righties think he is. If this same exact study had come up with GWB having a 150+ IQ, it would be taken in as unshakable fact..

I know they're Liberals because I read the asinine results. Furthermore, it fits into the Liberal world view of Conservatives. In the Liberal world Conservatives fall into one of two categories: Stupid, or Evil. Stupid is the preferred category and it includes Eisenhower, Reagan, Quayle, and Bush 43. Evil is what they use when they can't make stupid fit, and it includes Nixon, Cheney, Gingrich et al. Bush 41 was both, depending on which Liberal you ask.

95DevilleNS said:
Take one thing into consideration at least, you have seen GWB speak many times I'm sure, compare his grammer, pronunciation & vocabulary to any other president Repub or Demo. You'll notice he sounds childish compared to any of them.

The ability to be an effective PUBLIC speaker has no relationship to intelligence. We all know Bush is a poor public speaker. Eisenhower was as well; he sounded much like Bush and was famous for mangled syntax. He was also a great leader. In private, Bush is described as witty and articulate; and I know people who have met him personally. One such person is quite Liberal, and surprised himself at how much he liked Bush when he actually met him.

Some of us prefer to judge our Presidents on their policies, not on how they look or how their voice sounds. Using that criteria, Reagan and Bush 43 are two of the brightest Presidents of the past one hundred years.

95DevilleNS said:
...If this same exact study had come up with GWB having a 150+ IQ, it would be taken in as unshakable fact.

No, they wouldn't have published it because it would have contradicted the prism through which they view President Bush.

95DevilleNS said:

Now that is the most shallow, hypocritical thing I have ever heard you say, especially in light of the "grammer" with which you formulate your posts. You think that intelligence stems from the ability to read speeches that are written by someone else? Ha, what a laugh. If that's your measuring stick, then you'd better take a long, hard look in the mirror.

If you've never paid any attention, you'll note that many times Bush is winging it, speaking from the heart, shooting from the hip. Clinton never had the guts to do that.

I compare Bush more to John Wayne in his demeanor and speech patterns. He's a cowboy. He's a little rough around the edges, but HE CAN LEAD. And he doesn't bail and quit when you fibbies criticize him. He's smarter than all you people.

Funny. There are many that disagree with you. Can you not see that he is merely a puppet? Even today in Kentucky he used a scripted question from a 7 year old about what citizens can do to prevent terrorism and his answer was to vote Republican. Why can't he answer real questions from real people, not just supporters.

Report: President Bush Has Lowest IQ of all Presidents of past 50 Years

Even if this were the slightest bit true,we would have to thank God that Kerry didn't get elected considering Bush got higher grades at Yale than Kerry did.And no matter how "dumb" you lefties think he is,GWB's knowledge still blows yours away.

How do you get into Harvard after the University of Texas law school rejects you??

barry2952 said:
Funny. There are many that disagree with you. Can you not see that he is merely a puppet? Even today in Kentucky he used a scripted question from a 7 year old about what citizens can do to prevent terrorism and his answer was to vote Republican. Why can't he answer real questions from real people, not just supporters.

You have no evidence that he's a puppet. Your assertion is laughable. BTW, I live in Louisville, and I listened to the whole speech. Did you?

Let me get this straight: You're criticizing Bush for the fact that a 7-year-old had to read a question? What a joke. Most of you people can't even spell or arrange sentences properly. I'm tired of this elitist snobbery from people who have no business looking down on anyone else.

You're implying that the people in my city who asked questions aren't real people. I guess you'd rather have media plants in the audience ask questions. To you, those people are real.

What a twisted worldview.

fossten said:
You have no evidence that he's a puppet. Your assertion is laughable. BTW, I live in Louisville, and I listened to the whole speech. Did you?

Let me get this straight: You're criticizing Bush for the fact that a 7-year-old had to read a question? What a joke. Most of you people can't even spell or arrange sentences properly. I'm tired of this elitist snobbery from people who have no business looking down on anyone else.

You're implying that the people in my city who asked questions aren't real people. I guess you'd rather have media plants in the audience ask questions. To you, those people are real.

What a twisted worldview.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

GWB has held the smallest number of open press conferences to date of any prior recent (since the advent of TV) president.

GWB's "town hall" speeches and forums are consistantly made up of the most "filtered" audiences, many of which require a declaration of party affiliation before admission.

GWB has been more manipulated by the people in his administration or close friends / allies than any prior recent president, thus earning him the title "PUPPET". Combined with the fact that he gladly plays along in that role makes him a FOLLOWER, NOT a leader. Here's some history to back that up:

http://zfacts.com/p/775.html

Let's see David. Where does Kentucky rank in literacy?

Maybe if the left would look at themselves for the failures they are creating.

Full article here.

The declining performance of college graduates was reflected in the decrease between 1992 and 2003 of those who scored at the proficient level in prose and document literacy. There were 26.4 million college graduates in 2003. On the prose scale, the percentage of college graduates with proficient literacy decreased from 40 percent in 1992 to 31 percent in 2003. Fifty-three percent scored at the intermediate level, 14 percent scored at the basic level, and three percent representing 800,000 college graduates scored at the below basic level.

In an effort to explain the obvious decline in literacy amongst college graduates, Grover J. Whitehurst, who is the Director of the Institute of Education Sciences, part of the U.S. Department of Education helped to oversee the test and said he believed that the declining literacy rates are due to the fact that less time was spent reading for pleasure, as a rising number of young Americans spent more time watching television and surfing the Internet. This could be true, however one can also argue that the process of gaining a college education should be able to offset that. Also, the content of what people watch on television is not irrelevant. A lot can be learned from channels such as The Discovery Channel, National Geographic Channel and History Channel. It does seem to be a gross generalization to simply blame falling literacy rates on TV and the Internet. If people who watch television a lot and surf the web have low literacy rates regardless of whether they have a college degree, then there is a problem with college education these days. On the other hand, if people do not read, they will not improve ready comprehension.

There are other schools of thought that believe that the curricula in the United States are being dumbed down. (I guess that would be a cute way of saying ~ manufacturing democrats).:rolleyes: They believe that credentials have become a commodity in the United States, and colleges and universities now deal in these commodities for large cash rewards. As a result quality control has been thrown out the window, resulting in the declining literacy rates of college graduates.

The question not asked is to what extent the expansion of government funded higher education over the past 30 to 40 years has played in this decline, or to what extent is it the failure of government funded high schools. Perhaps, the failure lies with the high school that sends barely literate students to college where it is often too late to correct the problem, or perhaps the failure lies in the lack of support for library services in schools in the United states, where the first place for funding and staff cuts is the school library. (Sure, more books that won't be read is the answer).

RRocket said:
How do you get into Harvard after the University of Texas law school rejects you??
Don't know. Do you? Did Daddy pull another string? Is that what you are saying?

Btw, nice to see you come out from behind the shadows.

95DevilleNS said:
The Lovenstein Institute of Scranton Pennsylvania think tank includes high caliber historians, psychiatrists, sociologists, scientists in human behavior, and psychologists.
Wow! I know I'd be impressed if that mass of brain matter ever got together in a room.

For the "what's it worth" department...

Bush was admitted to YALE with an SAT score of 1206 (566 verbal, 640 math. That particular SAT score equates to an approximate I.Q. of 129.

A SAT score of 1300 is enough to join MENSA.

Barry and Johnny and gang, I would love to see YOUR SAT scores.

And did I mention that he became the President of Delta Kappa Epsilon while at Yale, a purported Animal-House type fraternity on campus.

So he not only went to Yale and Harvard, he partied all the way through! Don't know about you guys, but that impresses the crap out of me.

So while Clinton was busy raping women, Bush was partying. That about sums it up for me.

Members online

No members online now.
Back