Ok are you ready for a good laugh, HELP!

8link

New LVC Member
Reaction score
My tire is flat and I need help getting it off. All lugnuts are off, now what magical tool do I need:runaway: . Oh, by the way hi :waving: long time lurker first time poster.

Welcome aboard!!

I am hopeing that the car is safely on jacks and the tire is free to move in the air. That being so, I bet your wheel is "frozen/rusted" onto the hub and a good whack with a large tire iron or BFH on the rubber should help get it off.

I had a wheel do that to me before back in Ohio. Road salt and water led to electrolosis and the wheel had gotten corroded on the hub.

a jack? Or is the wheel stuck on? If it is a front, you can use your power steering and a 2x4 to break it loose. Put the 2x4 between the wheel and a suspension peice and turn the steering wheel. Or you can use a 2x4 and place it against the edge of the wheel and hit it with a hammer. Mine were stuck on, it just takes a little force.

yup, a good crack to the tire.....NOT THE RIM, should help free it. I had one so bad one tme at work, that I had to use a 25 pound slide hammer.

Crack away and tell us how it works...

I really hope that this is the case not that you have to put it up on a jack...

Ok I just sat down next to the tire (already on jacks) leaned back kicked one side of rubber with my boot, very hard, then the other. It took four or five kicks but it finally broke free. Also a bead of corrosion came off in a ring flatter than paper, like the wheel had chemically welded itself to the hub. Ok so note to self by the way, rotors look dangerous :eek:

Spray the :q:q:q:q out of it with PB Blaster, and let it sit for some time. Then spray some more, and give it a good whack.

Good to hear that yoU have been successful!! A little grease or quarterly NASCAR pit stop tire rotations and you are set.

Do join us for more than just "lurking" about.

I had the same problem on my car when I first took the rims off. Just a good crack with a sledge to the tire should get it loose.

Members online

Back